+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [ADDON] nkHelios

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkHelios

Hi all

Finally I found some time to finish an addon which was sitting around on my computer for some time. I didn't like the design of the standard action bars and wanted something a bit more modern and fresher. After toying around with the API I was finally build something which works quite nicely.

Currently the addon is considered Beta until I get some feedback on what needs improvement. However it works quite well in my tests.

Here's a video of what the addon looks like in one of the possible designs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZco0Ltt8U

What the addon does

The addon aims at replacing the standard action bars completely. There's one big limitation and that's key bindings. These are simply not allowed by the API. However there's a nice workaround for this. More on this later.

After first loading the addon it will build a default action bar and show it on the screen. Simply drag & drop abilities or item from your ability window or bag onto the bar.

You can clear a button by right clicking on it. At the moment you have to first clear a slot to overwrite it with a new ability.

In default mode the addon will simply show cooldowns and will indicate if the target of an ability is out of range or if the ability / item is not usable.

You can switch on interactive mode in the configuration. This will make every button of the bar clickable. However this also means that the bar will not be hideable in combat (Rift API restriction).

Interactive bars can also include macros. To put a macro on a button simply middle click on it. A macro edit window will appear where you can enter your macro. Simply drag & drop an item / or ability on the icon box to change the icon.

Keybindings

The API does not support key bindings. So what you do is very simple:

Put together your action bars like you'd normally do and setup your keybindings. Then replicate these bars with nkHelios. When you're done simply hide the standard action bars through the Rift layout. The key bindings will still work

The configuration

Configuration is accessed either through the 'nk Button' or by entering /nkh or /nkHelios in the chast.

Within the configuration you can change various aspects of a bar (size, cols, rows), make it interactive and change the layer. This is important if you want to use the triggers with a bar which is interactive.

The triggers allow you to specify certain actions. For example stance will change to another bar if a rogue enters stealth. Currently stance only works for rogues as I only have a rogue char. Will need to check for other classes stances.

There are buttons to create, deleted and copy bars.

Finally there are other options like design, colors, etc. in the second tab. There you can also copy a whole bar setup from another role.

bar setup is always tied to the current role and will be switched automatically when switching roles!

Where to download

At curse as all my addons: http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/nkhelios

Hope you'll find the addon as usefull as I do

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 07-09-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Looks neat. Not gonna use it as it's too much of a hassle to maintain both Rift and your bars. Maybe they will allow keybinds for addons in the future.

What I miss from testing: CD/GCD "clock" like on rifts bars. Kinda used to look at the GCD on my bars.

Also, when going into the config window with no other nk addon I get this:

Code:
    Error: Incorrect function usage.
      Parameters: (userdata: 7339cc20), "nkWardrobe", "gfx/iconRemoveSet.png"
      Parameter types: userdata, string, string
    Function documentation:
    	Sets the current texture used for this element.
    		Texture:SetTexture(source, texture)   -- string, string
    Parameters:
    		source:	The source of the resource. "Rift" will take the resource from Rift's internal data. Anything else will take the resource from the addon with that identifier.
    		texture:	The actual texture identifier. Either a resource identifier or a filename.
        In nkHelios / loadTextures, event Event.System.Update.End
    stack traceback:
    	[C]: ?
    	[C]: in function 'SetTexture'
    	LibAsyncTextures/Main.lua:80: in function <LibAsyncTextures/Main.lua:63>

Champion

I'll have to toy around with the grafic features for the GCD clock. That should be possible to replicate.

Thanks for the info about the error message. Should really test new addons without any of my other addons active

V0.9.1 now available fixing the issue.

Cheers
    N.

Going to give this a shot

After I made a second bar and made it moveable it now follows my cursor around and I can't make it stop until I /reloadui.

Here is a video of the bar sticking to my cursor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aGg...ature=youtu.be

Solved: If Interactive bars is still on when you enable Moveable it bugs out like it shows in video.

EDIT: Just setting up the bars now and looks like we can't have yell macros?

cast @self Soul Stream
    5 ||| Casting Soul Stream |||

You can't have the casting soul stream say line in the macro.

Am I missing something?

It will say Could not cast unknown ability Soul Stream 5 ||| Casting Soul Stream ||| as one line.

Edit: Looks like I can just keep the macros on the original bars and just have the icons on the addon bars.

Can't seem to remove a macro icon once its been put in a slot. Guess we can only overwrite and not remove.

This error if you resize the action bar and then use an ability with a long cooldown. http://i.imgur.com/7M7xOET.jpg

WARNING
    If you are clicking and dragging items to the bar (use trinkets or weapon swaps) it treats it like dropping the item out of your bag and will ask if you want to destroy it. It will put it on the bar so you just need to click cancel/no. Be careful I don't know if this is fixable.
    Last edited by Boase; 07-09-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Champion

Just setting up the bars now and looks like we can't have yell macros?
    You simply have to use yell like 'yell hello'.

cast @self Soul Stream
    I'll look into the problem with Soul Stream. That should work however. Not doing anything special there.

Looks like I can just keep the macros on the original bars and just have the icons on the addon bars.
    Looks like a bug easy to fix.

If you are clicking and dragging items to the bar ...
    Fixed in the next version

Cheers
    N.

+ Reply to Thread