+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoid Channeling Interruption?

Soulwalker

Default Avoid Channeling Interruption?

Hi!

I'll cut straight to the point...
    With my Mage, I have a DD spec that has multiple macros which activate Internalize Charge whenever available (no GCD, 3 sec CD, instant, so of course I want it whenever it's ready).

This works nicely and is a neat boost to my DPS - and to my nerves - because I don't have to keep an eye on Internalize Charge all the time... except for when I use channeled stuff like Flame Volley.

There are occasions where Internalize Charge becomes available right after I use Flame Volley, meaning if I press my macro for Flame Volley just a tiny bit too long, it will interrupt the Flame Volley channel to fire the Internalize Charge line.

This is obviously very annoying, so I would like to tell the macro to not do that, to not fire that Internalize Charge line while I'm still channeling Flame Volley.

But I don't know how.
    Please, can someone help me?
    I'd be very grateful.

Greets,
    AniGa

That cannot be done with macros. Your only option is to manually manage Internalize Charge.

There are many mechanics like this in RIFT which are specifically designed to be sub-optimal when macro'd.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Soulwalker

Hm. That's very unfortunate; what with Internalize Charge's extremely short CD, it becomes a real chore to manage manually.

But nonetheless thanks for your quick reply.
    Any idea for workarounds?

Greets,
    AniGa

If you wish to keep IC in your macros my suggestion would be to remove the channels and place them on their own hotkeys. Still more work, but not as much hassle as watching IC while reducing the potential to accidentally cancel them.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

don't macro channels in with IC, or watch your button presses more carefully.

it's fine to macro it in with a spam key, or fireball, flame bolt, countdown, even cinder burst.
    macroing IC that heavily makes casting Fulminate difficult tho.

Soulwalker

Well, I simply took Flame Volley out of the macro; it's mostly a "cast whenever available"-case anyway, so simply having it on wholly separate key from everything else doesn't matter much - I'll use it immediately whenever available anyway. (Well, not on smaller mobs, but you get my point.)
    Not that big of a deal.

Greets,
    AniGa

+ Reply to Thread