+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: [Addon] Rift Raid Alert - spoken raid warnings

Plane Walker

Post [Addon] Rift Raid Alert - spoken raid warnings

Rift Raid Alert can be used to create spoken raid warnings for the MMORPG Rift. The current version support announcements for RoF, IGP, MoM, CoA, Hexathel(Queen Foci), Tartaric Depths, IRoTP and BoS. You can use Rift Raid Alert with Team Speak so the whole Raid can benefit from.

Features:
    • search the chat messages and alert you when certain phrases/keywords appear in the chat channel
    • As an example, you are looking for a Raid for BoS. If both words (BoS and lfm) appear in the chat channel you'll be informed. The advantage is you can running Rift in the background watch a movie, surf the web etc. while waiting that someone is looking for players.
    • encounter timers and countdowns
    • tank swap mechanic
    • tracking buffs and debuffs
    • monitors waeponstones, flasks and food
    • pull countdown and alert you if the tank has aggro or who has fail pulled
    • make your own timers, countdowns and alerts without Lua knowledge

Video: https://youtu.be/jGX8BH6vb2w

Download GitHub: This version includes a executable so you don't need to install Python.

I will not continue to update the curse version, for the latest version please use Github.
    Download Curse: This version includes no executable so you have to install Python.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Rift Raid Alert can be used to create spoken raid warnings for the MMORPG Rift. The current version support announcements for RoF, IGP, MoM and CoA. You can use Rift Raid Alert with Team Speak so the whole Raid can benefit from.

The program is still in the development phase.

Features:
    - encounter timers and countdowns
    - tank swap mechanic
    - tracking buffs and debuffs
    - make your own timers, countdowns and alerts without Lua knowledge

Video: https://youtu.be/jGX8BH6vb2w

Download: https://github.com/Bamux/Rift-Raid-Alert
    I don't know whether to laugh or clap, maybe both?

Telaran

Default Not working

I downloaded and followed the rather simple instructions, but I'm not getting the sound check.

/log
    /rra start
    start rra.exe

/s siri tell me a joke

nada

Plane Walker

Maybe you still have to install a voice.
    I use Windows 7 and have Microsoft Anna as default voice.

I am pretty sure I raided recently with someone using this addon.. We were in ROF and it was really cool and impressive.. We all loved it and some of the speech on fights was a bit strange, but it was funny and accurate as well. I might try this. I didn't know you needed to d/l a voice mod program too. Thanks for the info !
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I am pretty sure I raided recently with someone using this addon.. We were in ROF and it was really cool and impressive.. We all loved it and some of the speech on fights was a bit strange, but it was funny and accurate as well. I might try this. I didn't know you needed to d/l a voice mod program too. Thanks for the info !
    A few technical details:
    I use the Microsoft Speech API (SAPI 5) . The Python program that I wrote scans the Rift Log.txt file according to predefined parameters and passes it to the SAPI 5 interface.
    You can use any voice that was created for the SAPI 4 or SAPI 5 interface.
    There are many free voices (often sound robotic) but also very natural sounding voices.

My program is still in an early development phase. However, I could eliminate many bugs thanks to user feedback on GitHub.

Plane Walker

How I came to this project?

I wanted to learn programming, but without a destination I would quickly lose interest. I play Rift from the beginning (look at my join date) and I knew if I program something it must have to do with Rift.
    I started to create a best in slot overview for mages but have realize this has more to do with collect data as with programming. So I searched on google for an easy to learn programming language and ended up with Python.

The next step was a more or less meaningful project to think of.
    I wanted a script that read raid registrations from a EQDKP and created an in-game Macro with which you can invite players automatically. But a guild mate with real programming skills has solved it with a few lines of code and a self created EQDKP Plugin.

After further reflection, I came across the idea with the spoken raid warnings.

I started with zero Python experience and a little programming experience from school.
    A week later and after much research the prototype was ready. Unfortunately, I realized to interact with Rift I need to learn the lua programming language. Compared to python it was pretty hard for me to understand as lua and Rift works. With Python a problem solving is only a Google search away but not so with lua. Somehow I managed it yet and here is the finished project.

I would like to say I can understand players consider such tools critical. It brings a lot of automation into play but not as the current addons like King Boss Mod, Triggers or KaruulAlert.
    Maybe it's a useful tool for PUG Raids where not everyone has the necessary knowledge or the mentioned addons.
    I have written the program primarily for myself to learn Python and had a lot of fun. I am even surprised that everything is working at all.

Sorry for my bad grammar I blame google translate for it.

And thanks for Rift teaching me the Python and LUA programming language.

Plane Touched

Well done!

Telaran

I was in a raid where a guy was using this, successfully, which is why I'm trying to get it to work. I love the idea (and the way it worked in that raid), and would really like to get it to work.

I'm using Windows 8.

Rift Disciple

This is absolutely brilliant.

Hey, Can you provide change logs here please. I seen the file updated 16 hours ago but no change log... O.o
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    Hey, Can you provide change logs here please. I seen the file updated 16 hours ago but no change log... O.o
    RiftRaidAlert_v0.1.6:
    - added german support for special letters like , , ,
    - added trigger support for alerts which are dependent on the hitpoints from the boss
    - solved a problem with incorrect name announcements
    - added a new way to check combat begin and combat end in a raid

So that would explain your deaths in MoM .

I love the idea of this add-on, but may make raiding too "automated" in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Qosmo View Post
    So that would explain your deaths in MoM .

I love the idea of this add-on, but may make raiding too "automated" in the future
    plz.... I only die to boss "acting strangely." Oh and some ninja pulls as usual warrior tradition
    Last edited by WorldAdidas; 06-03-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Plane Walker

plz.... I only die to boss "acting strangely." Oh and some ninja pulls as usual warrior tradition
    Try this:

Siri say you will not die !
    And follow the instruction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast