+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: [Addon] Rift Raid Alert - spoken raid warnings

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    No module named win32com.client

Strange, i'll try reinstalling with 32bit clients?
    No win32com.client means that the Python for Windows Extensions is not installed correctly. Try to install the Python for Windows Extensions as Admin.

Python for Windows Extensions have a 32bit and a 64bit version available - you must download the one which corresponds to the Python you have installed (2.7, 3.5 or 3.6). You have installed Python 3.5. - 64 Bit so you need to install Python Windows Extensions 64 Bit for the 3.5 Python Version.

Plane Walker

Update: Version 0.3.2
    • Finally I have fixed the bug that the program sometimes stops working at bosses with tank swap mechanism (Lord Arak, Lady Envy, Duke Eblius, Lord Fionn)

Plane Walker

Version 0.3.5

The addon now works without a text to speech engine !
    • added support for sound files (*.wav)
    • if you have no text to speech engine the addon uses the sound files from the siri folder
    • in the RiftRaidAlert.ini you can choose if you want to play only sound files or only text to speech announcements or both
    • at the moment only text to speech announcements can be output via teamspeak

Thumbs up Pretty Slick

This is pretty slick. I have been playing around with it and enjoying it immensely since I am dyslexic and like to minimise reading when I can. I did some text to speech outside the game with the text log (http://www.mspeedie.com/RiftSay.html). but this blows it away for raiding. I do wish I could set the window for text it generates. It is useful but a bit voluminous. Keep up the outside of the box thinking.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mals View Post
    This is pretty slick. I have been playing around with it and enjoying it immensely since I am dyslexic and like to minimise reading when I can. I did some text to speech outside the game with the text log (http://www.mspeedie.com/RiftSay.html). but this blows it away for raiding. I do wish I could set the window for text it generates. It is useful but a bit voluminous. Keep up the outside of the box thinking.
    I am glad that you find the program useful.

Now where the code runs cleanly I will create a user interface where you can manage the triggers and settings.

I use the project to learn the programming language Python. Creating a user interface is more complicated than I thought without knowledge of object-oriented programming.

[Addon] Rift Raid Alert - spoken raid warnings-rra2.jpg

I have multiple chat windows and wanted it in its own window since it generates a large volume of text that always goes to the general window.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

Plane Walker

I think the text in the general chat can not be avoided because this also appears in the log file and in this way Rift communicates with the python program. Creating a new tab and show only the channels i need works for me.

Plane Walker

The latest version 0.4.8 is out. I've finally learned how to program a GUI in Python, so there is now a graphical user interface in which you can manage and test the triggers.

Plane Walker

Now where the program has a graphical user interface and runs stably it is time for the release version 1.0

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Now where the program has a graphical user interface and runs stably it is time for the release version 1.0
    Congrats on the milestone of a full release.

Plane Walker

Getting this error now with 1.1

Error: RiftRaidAlert/RiftRaidAlert.lua:393: attempt to concatenate field 'description' (a nil value)
    In RiftRaidAlert / AbilityName, event Event.Unit.Castbar
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__concat'
    RiftRaidAlert/RiftRaidAlert.lua:393: in function <RiftRaidAlert/RiftRaidAlert.lua:375>

Seems like it is occurring mostly when there is an interruptable ability.

Was horrid on Enigma and Fryagnos in the last week.

Plane Walker

I think I've fixed the bug, a new release 1.2 is now available.

Plane Walker

Great, can't wait to try it. Will probably be tomorrow night.

Plane Walker

added Hexathel(Queen Foci) and the new LFR Tartaric Depths

Shadowlander

This is a wonderful application. I wanted to mention you do not need to have two ts clients open. You can set up two bookmarks and open both in ts.

I came to ask a question though. I installed some of the voices at the http://www.mwsreader.com/en/voices/ page but they do not show up. Only Microsoft Anna. It is better than nothing but there must be a way? This is on w7 64bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast