+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: KAlert hour long buff that has the same name as a proc

Default KAlert hour long buff that has the same name as a proc

For my Maelstrom I want to kalert Font of Sublimation, the buff not the proc, so I realize when it falls off. But it shares the same name as a proc.
    I should be able to do this with the Buff Length field, but I cannot find a number that works. I'm level 65 and have nearly max PA, so I have a few buff length increasers.
    3600 does not work, and neither does 4760 (the buff says 1hr, 19 minutes, 20s remaining right when I cast it).
    So... what am I missing?

I don't have a primalist, so I can't try it with that buff, but I'll try it with a 1hr buff (as I have all the same buff increases you do) and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Edit: got it to work. Use 4761
    Last edited by Artewig; 05-17-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

Any idea how you would track the proc? My kalert seems to default to the 1 hour buff but I want to track procs.

4761 works, but resets my kalert on every port/zonein.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrabs View Post
    Any idea how you would track the proc? My kalert seems to default to the 1 hour buff but I want to track procs.
    Probably set the buff length to the length of the proc (I could check, but NA is down)

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    4761 works, but resets my kalert on every port/zonein.

Probably set the buff length to the length of the proc (I could check, but NA is down)
    Yep, that's exactly what you do when the buff and proc are the same name. You'll want to specify the duration of the buff for the proc.

Frostkeeper for example: Telluric Burst leaves a HoT on the ally that shares the same name as the proc effect for cast time reduction.

The HoT lasts for 6s and the proc is 10s long. I want to track the proc so this is what I would set the kalert with:

Code:
    KA:Telluric:aR22IeNotjsEKgzAMhl9lT7DZWtxGTk4t7LKDuJsgsToIKzraOJCxd18t48sh+fh
    DAgIaeFlcRwdbqwPNaO3iyOwui/MMuRJnXSolcykLXaQSRBKyWzIJ1PRgKJHx0N6vLfZkideOzDz
    5ltEwGcKpM4tDpvfY9bPl/TB4EDI9gspOoGKJwMeHhaf/QlHdmqoOJmoBMomv/XW6TVk8r3+nIDq
    A
    Last edited by Riane; 05-21-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Shadowlander

Thanks guys!

For my Maelstrom I want to kalert Font of Sublimation, the buff not the proc, so I realize when it falls off. But it shares the same name as a proc.
    I should be able to do this with the Buff Length field, but I cannot find a number that works. I'm level 65 and have nearly max PA, so I have a few buff length increasers.
    3600 does not work, and neither does 4760 (the buff says 1hr, 19 minutes, 20s remaining right when I cast it).
    So... what am I missing?
    So I went ahead and tested this out. Why aren't you just leaving the fields blank for the buff? You only need to utilize the duration portion when you're attempting to track the procs from Fonts.

You just make the kalert like normal and set it to missing.

Code:
    KA::AJ3i3eNqtj70KgzAUhV/FF2gb26gpd5Ko0KUUm26CRI0SsEmJcRD68I3SDgWHDuXc4dwfuOf
    LtLKebr3rWPXyzq3UCnxg8Oj5JIyzmRODbOUsjkiCYkrj6EhogjEC9L6fXS5bCwm3fFfcTgWvZC/
    tVMpaq6Ewblf1vBGbYTSdVF0plDDdVNbbphkgDPYQBAgwmct3ApqeWZrPzl90QHOoz3jpwuVx9ly
    J6l2Mrr+x2BL0NyzyH6wI4Z+w2BrWC+ugg40

Because I also set a warning timer on the alert, and that caused it to constantly pop up in combat.

Because I also set a warning timer on the alert, and that caused it to constantly pop up in combat.
    Hmm.. yeah you're better off not having the warning then because I think that will constantly have issues. Would probably be more beneficial if procs just didn't share the same name as their abilities/buffs >.>

The new souls seem to have that "issue".

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Hmm.. yeah you're better off not having the warning then because I think that will constantly have issues. Would probably be more beneficial if procs just didn't share the same name as their abilities/buffs >.>

The new souls seem to have that "issue".
    I feel the need to mention that Triggers offers the same features (and more) than Karuul without issue because it is based on IDs rather than names. Admittedly, the UI may take more getting used to but it's worth the time invested.

Meanwhile Warchanter's Stand Tall have two HoT on target with exact same name. One is the 66 Second and the other one vary from 5 second to anything between 10 second.
    I have no idea how to track the 66 second one only instead of the other HoT with same name...
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by WorldAdidas View Post
    Meanwhile Warchanter's Stand Tall have two HoT on target with exact same name. One is the 66 Second and the other one vary from 5 second to anything between 10 second.
    I have no idea how to track the 66 second one only instead of the other HoT with same name...
    Your only concern is tracking Stand Tall itself as that is the bread and better. So, you specify the duration of the actual buff to track.

Code:
    KA:Stand Tall:auSy6eNo1jsEKgzAQRH+l/QGb1ZgG9iQ1Qi892PQmSGqiBIKRGAr+faO0vDnMD
    As7CChxcWozIYsqTCYiYJOQ+Ixq1iepnDtjVdJa5AWB6lpQzplAxn6HJNHaMWKtorp0r3un3tbZu
    PV28PPaLcE7P09G98EM/mPClmm9IpCSIs8ZUr4LEngTDyna3cFBQdIM+a+PlMPxsvkCX1A2Sg
    Buff: Stand Tall
    Buff Length: 66
    Self Cast Only > Target > Missing
    Warning > Length 20

Your only concern is tracking Stand Tall itself as that is the bread and better. So, you specify the duration of the actual buff to track.

Code:
    Warning > Length 20
    Ah Yeahh forgot about the buff length. Usually not using that option many times so totally forgot. but thanks
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Code:
    Warning > Length 20
    Gadgets has better tracking than this. Not only that, you dont have to copy and pasted code crap. And you can import it from toon to toon as you update them.
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueWolf View Post
    Not only that, you dont have to copy and pasted code crap.
    How you you copy a "Gadget Alert" from Joe Random on Brutwacht to you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast