+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it possible to make a single macro for all your self-buffs?

Shadowlander

Default Is it possible to make a single macro for all your self-buffs?

No I'm not talking about a macro that activates all your self-buffs with a single click.

I'm talking about a macro you can click multiple times to activate all your self-buffs one after another, but all of the buffs contained within a single macro to save hotkey space.

The only way you could accomplish that is if you used modifiers. So if you have 4 buffs to put up, you could do something like this:

#show buff
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Buff1
    cast [alt] Buff2
    cast [ctrl] Buff3
    cast Buff4

Though if any of your buffs have a cooldown, you could just macro them together, but that doesn't apply to many buffs.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-05-2016 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

I had that exact problem, then guildie recommended nkRebuff. been using it since. not 100% reliable, and can't choose the order to apply self buff/toggles, but its better than clicking those 10 druid buffs manually again and again.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the replies though it seems to be, the simplest method is simply to have each buff icon occupy a hotkey slot *rolls eyes*, would think trion would have added a macro command to self buffing simpler..

i hope trion will revamp all the classes like the primalist

went back on my cleric alt and damn 9 buffs haha i forgot that

i'll stick with my 2-buffs primal :P

Shadowlander

Just to add info. I came across yesterday an addon called nkRebuff. I thought its excellent. It monitors for you when your self buffs are inactive and allows you to rebuff using only a single button which it adds to the game.

Shadowlander

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, but I thought it would be nice to add something else.

It was mentioned before that you cannot macro together buffs unless they have cooldowns so that you can spam the button.

There is a small work around for toggleable buffs though.

#show <abilityname>
    cast [notactive] <ability1>
    cast [notactive] <ability2>
    cast <on gcd buff>

You can macro all of your toggles together and spam the button until they are all active (I recommend putting a normal, on gcd buff at the end so you know when they're all active). A buff will only be used if it is not active so this manages to work, but the limitation is that you cannot use the button to turn off toggleables. I use this type of macro solely for BM and Druid since they're the only classes I know of with a lot of toggle buffs.

For any other case I have to defer to other people's suggestions though.
    Last edited by Revamp Systems; 04-09-2016 at 07:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread