+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Introducing Rift Logs (Alpha)

Shadowlander

Yup, just make it available on Dropbox, and I'll figure it out. Thanks!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dahri View Post
    Yup, just make it available on Dropbox, and I'll figure it out. Thanks!
    Do you still have access to it?
    Will take again some time because of crap internet.
    If youīve still access to it the name will be "Log_MoM_Arak Progress" otherwise I need to send you the link tomorrow

<Transcendent>

Shadowlander

Just released v5.0 that deals with duplicate lines being printed to the log when saving while zoning.

Champion

Just released v5.0 that deals with duplicate lines being printed to the log when saving while zoning.
    Works fine now.
    Thanks for fast fix.
    Uploaded the old buggy loggs and it works now.

Only thing is, did you deactivate the buff uptime?

<Transcendent>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Filri
    Works fine now.
    Thanks for fast fix.
    Uploaded the old buggy loggs and it works now.

Only thing is, did you deactivate the buff uptime?
    Not sure what you mean. There's a bug where some buff timestamps (when a unit is first seen) can be in the past, so they end up getting discarded now. I need to make a LUA fix for this, so maybe that's what you are talking about? Should only affect the first pull really though.

Default Very nice

Wonderful Job. Thank you for working out this tool.

Champion

Not sure what you mean. There's a bug where some buff timestamps (when a unit is first seen) can be in the past, so they end up getting discarded now. I need to make a LUA fix for this, so maybe that's what you are talking about? Should only affect the first pull really though.
    I donīt know, guess itīs a problem of the site right now.
    http://www.riftlogs.com/reports/ATPH...c6k#type=auras

Getting Error:
    "Unhandled Exception

Undefined variable: by
    /var/app/current/laravel/view.php(354) : eval()'d code on line 5"

<Transcendent>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    I donīt know, guess itīs a problem of the site right now.
    http://www.riftlogs.com/reports/ATPH...c6k#type=auras

Getting Error:
    "Unhandled Exception

Undefined variable: by
    /var/app/current/laravel/view.php(354) : eval()'d code on line 5"
    This has been fixed.

I really enjoy the results and the results look VERY well indeed.

The challenge I have is the ability to get things into the website.

1) /rlog on then /rlog Instant = on pull (Pagura in MoM) FPS drops to 0, the addon jumps to 80% usage, then addon crashes within the first 3-5 secs of a fight.

2) /rlog on - (then after the fight is over) followed up with:
    /rlog save = 3 - 5 secs after pressing enter, the game says it using TOO much CPU power, and the popup appears asking if you want to ignore or disable the addon.
    /rlog slowsave - a 6.5 minute fight (one of the 5 Kahns Dino's in PTW) took over 60 minutes to write it out to the log.txt file.

I've used /chatleave on every single channel, even turned off guild chat only leaving /say, /yell, /raid and /officer enabled, hoping that would assist in the amount of useless garbage being written out to the Log.txt. I did find out that if you just uncheck a channel, the game still receives the data (you can see it appear in the Log.txt file) it just doesn't display it. I've even selected a different tab other than the general tab to be visible while trying to use it, hoping that that would alleviate some of the issues. But alas, it doesn't help at all.

I would like to say that the writing to the general channel was an ingenious thought, but is a major stumbling block due to the design of Rift. Being that the design of the game prevents the ability to write to an area other than the savedvariables - which uses the abysmal craptastic XML look and feel format (i.e. bloat code) - is beyond useless for something with the objective of this addon.

Am I running a top of the line workstation? No. I am running an Intel i5 @ 3.3GHz (No OC on anything - 3440 chipset) with 8 GB's RAM, and Rift and my log files are on an SSD. That, other then in lag infested Margle Palace, I run the game on Max settings (minus shadows) @ 1920x1080 and still manage to run at 30-45 FPS (30-40 in 20 man raids - 45 in all other areas) should be more than enough processing power to handle things.

In a nutshell, given the constraints of the game, unless another has a better idea on using this tool, or Trion allows usage of the combatlog.txt (or something akin to it's low CPU power usage functionality), it's just not feasible for me to use this great tool.

Dimps

P.S. on line 386, I changed the line to be:
    RiftLogger.notify("rlog - Logging: "..string.upper(tostring(bEnabled)).."\nrlog - Instant save: " ..string.upper(tostring(bInstant)).."\nrlog - There are [ "..(#eventTable - fightIndex).." ] events in memory.")

Which allowed me to see the two states I was interested in.
    Last edited by Dimples; 03-01-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Dimples • Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia • Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie • Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples
    I really enjoy the results and the results look VERY well indeed.
    Thanks!

The challenge I have is the ability to get things into the website.

1) /rlog on then /rlog Instant = on pull (Pagura in MoM) FPS drops to 0, the addon jumps to 80% usage, then addon crashes within the first 3-5 secs of a fight.
    Just to be clear, you should never run this mode in raids. It's more for solo or small scale content (and for me to just debug things).

2) /rlog on - (then after the fight is over) followed up with:
    /rlog save = 3 - 5 secs after pressing enter, the game says it using TOO much CPU power, and the popup appears asking if you want to ignore or disable the addon.
    This is expected. This mode is basically intended to pump out the events to the log file as fast as it can, and it will essentially lock you up while it does so. Ideally things are set up so that it writes the performance warnings into the log file but just keeps going. This mode should be able to write out a 6 and half minute fight in 20-30 seconds.

/rlog slowsave - a 6.5 minute fight (one of the 5 Kahns Dino's in PTW) took over 60 minutes to write it out to the log.txt file.
    Hmmm. Something has to be going horribly wrong for it to take that long to save stuff out. To help narrow things down, I have a couple of questions:

(1) Are you able to use the normal combat log file just fine?
    (2) Perhaps this is a bad interaction with another add-on. For example, do you have a chat add-on installed? I've been doing all my testing with no other add-ons installed.

If Trion is listening, it would be cool to give add-ons the ability to write to their own file. It doesn't have to be real-time (just within a reasonable timeframe so live logging could work), and could incorporate a bit of a delay to prevent the use of it for botting.

Shadowlander

I am back with another approach (after a long absence!). You will need to download v6.1 of the client uploader and update the RiftLogger add-on to v1.5.

The new client uploader now has a pane above the logging options that lets you choose where to place the generated combat log file. You pick a directory, and click Start Recording, and then the uploader will be listening for events and write them to a RiftCombatLog.txt file in the directory you chose.

You can then either live log by observing that RiftCombatLog.txt file or upload another file (e.g., if you archived it etc.).

All you have to do in-game now is turn on logging using

/rlog on

It will begin writing events out that the uploader will then listen for and push into the RiftCombatLog.txt file.

When done, you can just type

/rlog off

Let me know if the performance is adequate inside raids this time around.

Thanks!

Shadowlander

Bump, any raiders that can try the new approach out?

Shield of Telara

I think you haven't been successful with riflogs because https://prancingturtle.com/ has already established itself as a standard but now is a good time for RiftLogs thanks to the Prime Server.
    I don't know if Hewi (creator of prancingturtle) is still actively playing Rift and if he has any interest in getting prancingturtle fit for the Prime server.

I personally will use both websites in the future.

With Hotfix #8 12/7/2017 Trion added new addon command, Command.CopyToClipboard, maybe this will help you to enable an transfer of data without a logfile.

Shadowlander

The clipboard method is what I use.

Sadly it seems there is little interest in the site. I can't really get anyone to test it or give me any feedback, so it's just kind of sitting there awaiting users.

Shield of Telara

The clipboard method is what I use.

Sadly it seems there is little interest in the site. I can't really get anyone to test it or give me any feedback, so it's just kind of sitting there awaiting users.
    I think the main problem is that you need to install an additional addon. I know that the combatlogfile is not 100% accurate but most uploaders are used to just upload their CombatLog.txt

The last boss in Bastion of Steel is also unplayable with a running logfile, I don't know why, but that's the only boss where a running logfile causes massive fps problems. Strangely enough, this problem does not exist with the CombatLog.txt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3