+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Shiboku
  • 1 Post By AlterMind

Thread: Map Extension

Default Map Extension

It would appear the author has not bothered with this addon since the release off PoW and it would be real nice to get the map to help us pinpointing and sharing locations for PTW elements. Is there anyone that could look over the ffiles in the addon and tell me what I am looking for to make changes and how to make them without breaking it, I am savy at entering similar data just don't understand any of it to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    It would appear the author has not bothered with this addon since the release off PoW and it would be real nice to get the map to help us pinpointing and sharing locations for PTW elements. Is there anyone that could look over the ffiles in the addon and tell me what I am looking for to make changes and how to make them without breaking it, I am savy at entering similar data just don't understand any of it to start with.
    The author has probably left the game - we need some guru to come and take over this addon please?

Soulwalker

A few things to mention, data is still being send to the website that host the addon (rift utilz) and you can do it too to have data being merged and released again through their online parser (or I believe thats how it works).

You can find your local data at: "<My Documents>\RIFT\Interface\Saved\SavedVariables\Map Extension.lua" This information is where your (new) nodes, artifacts etc locations are being logged.
    This is the file that you could upload to the website for it to be parsed with new data.
    At the bottom of the website you see a reference to the owner of the website with a hyperlink to his e-mail address.

Fallenangel also recently made a post about his/her other addon (Minion Sender) on the forums here, so you might want to contact him/her through the forum PM too.

I had a similar idea to update the plane of water map for that add-on to add the Tyrant's Throne and perhaps also add new data once I would've found what and how to add it. The only modification I've made so far is to warn me for the Echo of Hammerknell mobs, however I haven't placed detailed spawn locations for them in the add-on (yet).

Good luck, hopefully this information was a bit useful for you.
    Last edited by Shiboku; 03-09-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiboku View Post
    A few things to mention, data is still being send to the website that host the addon (rift utilz) and you can do it too to have data being merged and released again through their online parser (or I believe thats how it works).
    Hi Shiboku,

As time has passed by it appears that riftutilz.com is no longer alive/responding.
    Have you got any clue if this has been moved and/or if there is another place where to upload the location data ? Thanks for the update :-)

Cheers !

Update: the most useful source of information I could find on this add-on is on the MapExtension page on CurseForge but it seems stuck since quite some time. People are willing to provide data but there seems to be lacking the technical capability and ownership to make it effective.
    Last edited by AlterMind; 07-27-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by AlterMind View Post
    Hi Shiboku,

As time has passed by it appears that riftutilz.com is no longer alive/responding.
    Have you got any clue if this has been moved and/or if there is another place where to upload the location data ? Thanks for the update :-)

Cheers !

Update: the most useful source of information I could find on this add-on is on the MapExtension page on CurseForge but it seems stuck since quite some time. People are willing to provide data but there seems to be lacking the technical capability and ownership to make it effective.
    Unfortunately this addon appears to be defunct and unsupported which is a shame because it would still be very useful with the new zones and the data update working

+ Reply to Thread