Default Ground targeting aoe at targets target

Does

#show <spell>
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targettarget @gtae <Spell>
    cast @gtae <Spell>
    cast <Spell>

Function corretly?

As in, I want the macro to cast an AoE ground target at targets target, if false then cast Ground AoE at my target, and if false be able to place the Ground target AoE.

I doubt that is going to work. AFAIK you can't put 2 target mods on the same cast line.
    Could try it tho.

Here is another variation that may work

Code:
    #show <spell>
    suppressmacrofailures
    tar @targettarget
    cast @gtae <Spell>
    targetlasttarget
    cast <Spell>
    tar @targettarget - is only going to change your target if your current target has a target, then this will always be true

targetlasttarget - simply returns you to your original target

the target changes happens so fast you wont even see it happen.

However this will Always cast on your targets target if it has 1, your target if it does not have one, give you the mouse placement cursor if you do not have a target

Edit: this macro may incur the wrath of chat spam. Easiest work around is create a 2nd Chat Tab and turn on all the normal channels you have in General, then never use general.>:L
    Last edited by Eilauria; 09-29-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Luckily I never use general :P

Thanks for the info!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by VenusFallen View Post
    As in, I want the macro to cast an AoE ground target at targets target, if false then cast Ground AoE at my target, and if false be able to place the Ground target AoE.
    Why would you do that?

Unless your healing with primalist ?

Your target will always have a target in combat, its either you, the tank or some other mechanic (ranged, intercept and so on)

Does your abilities work if your targets target is behind you? And what if you target a friendly player? Does it cast it at his/her target?

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Why would you do that?

Unless your healing with primalist ?

Your target will always have a target in combat, its either you, the tank or some other mechanic (ranged, intercept and so on)

Does your abilities work if your targets target is behind you? And what if you target a friendly player? Does it cast it at his/her target?

Its for the ability FIre Wall from Purifier. In PvP I find it a nice ability to throw out there in the heat of combat to panic lesser experienced players, and to do a little damage myself while healing.

If my heal target in a melee, no issues because @gtae will cast on my friendly heal target, but if they are ranged, I want the ability to cast at thier target, which is usually not right next to them.

Basically, I don't want to have to switch my target to the enemy, so I can continue to monitor buffs and the like on the friendly I have targeted.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by VenusFallen View Post
    Its for the ability FIre Wall from Purifier. In PvP I find it a nice ability to throw out there in the heat of combat to panic lesser experienced players, and to do a little damage myself while healing.

If my heal target in a melee, no issues because @gtae will cast on my friendly heal target, but if they are ranged, I want the ability to cast at thier target, which is usually not right next to them.

Basically, I don't want to have to switch my target to the enemy, so I can continue to monitor buffs and the like on the friendly I have targeted.
    I see, well the only ways i know how you could achieve this is with either 2 macros or a shift modifier.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    I see, well the only ways i know how you could achieve this is with either 2 macros or a shift modifier.
    I decided to go with an ALT modifier. Worked out pretty well.

#show <Spell>
    cast [alt] @gtae <Spell>
    cast [alt] <Spell>
    target @targettarget
    cast @gtae <Spell>
    targetlasttarget

It works out fairly well. Allows me to do everything I need. The only reason why I was looking for a fall through versus two or a shift modified macro is because I have limited dexterity in my left hand. Im a click healer. So the least amount of keyboard hotkeys is used.

Gadgets with Lifeismystery UI is very helpful.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread