+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Updated dps meter?

  1. #1
    Iri
    Iri is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    571

    Default Updated dps meter?

    I'm setting up shop with a new computer, and thought I'd check to see if there's a better DPS meter than SimpleMeter while I'm updating... but I can't find anything that looks like it's been updated in the past year or so. Is there a decent meter out that has been updated? Preferably with the ability to accurately track absorb sources as part of encounter healing parses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    266

    Default

    simplemeter is pretty bad.

    riftmeter is my preferred choice.
    supermeter or that other one (forget name, it looks a lot like supermeter), its also good.

    i just like the fact that i can customize riftmeter more, thats why i use it.

  3. #3
    Champion Eilauria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I just like the fact that i can customize riftmeter more, that's why i use it.[/QUOTE]

    RGM is the most up to date meter. Its usable but unfinished and it doesn't look like it is going to be finished.

    Riftmeter hasn't been updated in eons but works well and is accurate mostly so is the preferred meter for many.

    Neither Simplemeter or Supermeter are accurate or work well in my experience trying them out, but didn't spend much time with them either.

    Also seems to be a meter built into Gadgets, but I haven't fiddled with it at all.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 09-09-2015 at 09:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Champion Eilauria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Both Riftmeter and RGM cantrack absorbs, but I think only RGM counts them towards HPS

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    RGM is the most up to date meter. Its usable but unfinished and it doesn't look like it is going to be finished.

    Riftmeter hasn't been updated in eons but works well and is accurate mostly so is the preferred meter for many.

    Neither Simplemeter or Supermeter are accurate or work well in my experience trying them out, but didn't spend much time with them either.

    Also seems to be a meter built into Gadgets, but I haven't fiddled with it at all.
    ah! RGM! thats the one!
    it is EXTREMELY verbose, BUT, you cannot fine-tune its looks as much as riftmeter.

    i'd LOVE to see RGM boasting the levels of customizablity (namely, multiple windows (iirc it allows only 2?), customizable colors, customizable dimensions).

  6. #6
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Both Riftmeter and RGM cantrack absorbs, but I think only RGM counts them towards HPS
    Didn't supermeter become RGM? Either way, I know with Riftmeter you can track absorbs individually, but you can also have it be combined with HPS (Can't differentiate the two without reverting the change though. Or by doing the math yourself).
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  7. #7
    Iri
    Iri is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Sounds like Riftmeter is what I'm after, then. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts