+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiding Combo Points Under Portrait

Soulwalker

Default Hiding Combo Points Under Portrait

Does anyone know how to hide the combo points under your portrait. I can't figure it out.

Use an addon that replaces your character portrait. I think Gadgets can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbat View Post
    Does anyone know how to hide the combo points under your portrait. I can't figure it out.
    There is no option to disable combo points on the default character portrait. Your only option would be to disable the portrait entirely in the UI and replace it with the unit frame from Gadgets (which does not show your character's portrait frame), or overlay the unit frame from Gadgets to cover it up and still retain the portrait frame.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    There is no option to disable combo points on the default character portrait. Your only option would be to disable the portrait entirely in the UI and replace it with the unit frame from Gadgets (which does not show your character's portrait frame), or overlay the unit frame from Gadgets to cover it up and still retain the portrait frame.
    gadgets is a massive resource hog. my fps drops by 15-20% when I use it.

any ideas how to make a leaner addon?

or rather, how do you remove "features" from gadgets? eg, fps counter, currency bar, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phartoute View Post
    gadgets is a massive resource hog. my fps drops by 15-20% when I use it.

any ideas how to make a leaner addon?

or rather, how do you remove "features" from gadgets? eg, fps counter, currency bar, etc.
    If Gadgets is a hog on CPU resources for you, what CPU are you using? I utilize a multitude of Gadgets widgets for my UI and I rarely ever see my CPU spike over 20% and it doesn't really have an impact on my FPS.

That being said; You only utilize gadgets that you add so you shouldn't have an fps counter, currency bar, etc unless you actually added them. Unless you mean just not having the option to ADD those. Then no, unless you know know how to work with Rift's API + Lua to modify the addon yourself, no.

I guess I don't see any reason to want to hide the combo point display? It's pretty unobtrusive, truthfully....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I guess I don't see any reason to want to hide the combo point display? It's pretty unobtrusive, truthfully....
    100% personal preference. You like stuff, they don't like stuff. They like things, you don't like things.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    If Gadgets is a hog on CPU resources for you, what CPU are you using? I utilize a multitude of Gadgets widgets for my UI and I rarely ever see my CPU spike over 20% and it doesn't really have an impact on my FPS.

That being said; You only utilize gadgets that you add so you shouldn't have an fps counter, currency bar, etc unless you actually added them. Unless you mean just not having the option to ADD those. Then no, unless you know know how to work with Rift's API + Lua to modify the addon yourself, no.
    AMD X4 955 BE 3.2 Ghz stock.
    fps takes a dive as soon as i enable any of the heavier addons (for example, king boss mods absolutely wrecks the fps, and i simply cannot play the game while it is active (fps in single digits))

i would like a unitframe addon with the following (yes, i use gadgets ONLY for unitframe) :
    1. changes color if there is a CLEANSABLE debuff present
    2. changes color of player name according to class
    3. shows only hp, hp %, name+shard, role and cleanse-able-ness for raidframes. (only important stuff)

like this http://i.imgur.com/buNfSgy.png

+ Reply to Thread