+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riane

Thread: Macro?: Anyway to get /use and /cast to play nice?

Default Macro?: Anyway to get /use and /cast to play nice?

I spent some time trying to get the following macros to work.
    I have tried different order, /stopcasting, and /wait #, all in various order.
    But it seems /use completely breaks any /cast commands from happening.
    In each one only the /use is executed over and over, and the /cast never gets a chance.

Anyway to get these to work?

Code:
    #show Patron's Fast Pass
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Patron's Fast Pass
    use Brevanic Portal Generator
    Code:
    #show Salvaged Tablet
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Salvaged Tablet
    use Salvaged Tablet
    I can however put in "/use trinket" at the end of a spam macro and they fire just fine?

Items can only be in a macro with the 'use' command. Cast is not for items.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Items can only be in a macro with the 'use' command. Cast is not for items.
    I believe, what he is trying to do is the same i tried once too but it didn't work.
    Code:
    #show Renewing Pod
    cast Renewing Pod
    cast Renewing Seed
    use Renewing Seed
    This macro is supposed to first use/cast the Planar Attunement Combat Buff Renewing Pod on the play char. If it is on cd, the older Renewing Seed should be used/cast and if this is also on cd, the consuming Item Renewing Seed should be used. But if you use this macro, it will always try to "use Renewing Seed" instead the PA Buffs first. If you remove the "use" line from the macro, both PA Buffs are properly cast. Once a line with "use" is in a macro, every thing else in this macro will be ignored.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

1 is an item a Salvaged Tablet that drops from NT Air rifts, 1 is a spell Salvaged Tablet from PA points. They have different CD's, but do the same thing.

Brevanic Portal Generator is an item, Patron's Fast Pass is a spell, these have the same CD, same icon and same function, but do not put each other on CD.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 07-01-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    This macro is supposed to first use/cast the Planar Attunement Combat Buff Renewing Pod on the play char. If it is on cd, the older Renewing Seed should be used/cast and if this is also on cd, the consuming Item Renewing Seed should be used. But if you use this macro, it will always try to "use Renewing Seed" instead the PA Buffs first. If you remove the "use" line from the macro, both PA Buffs are properly cast. Once a line with "use" is in a macro, every thing else in this macro will be ignored.
    So during your attempt to make the macros, did you never notice the obvious? lol

As my reply said, items only work in macros with the use command. The cast command will never work. "Items" are those in your bags.

Abilities from your spellbook from Patron and PA do not count as an item. Since they are flagged as an ability, they will only work with the cast command. The use command will never work.

Code:
    #showBrevanic Portal Generator
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Patron's Fast Pass
    ^^ That macro works.

And as far as combining PA planar buffs and item planar buffs... That might be a no go because the item from PA (which you cast) and the item in your bags (which you use) share the same name and the game is unable to differentiate which one you're actually trying to utilize. All that need to do is change the PA ability names so you can combine cast and use into a single macro.

No that macro does Not work, no matter which order you put it in Patron's Fast Pass will Never be cast, I tested half a dozen times on 2 characters, in various order of execution. The Brev Portal Gen is always used 1st, and once the item is on CD, you just get the error (Item not ready).

Actually with further testing this morning I think it is actually triggering both the /cast and /use at the same time, if clicked independently neither the Portal or Fast Pass trip each others CD's. But the macro trips both CD's in a single press.

Yes I know the difference between an Item in my bags and a Ability in my Spellbook.
    There is no reason why they shouldn't work, they just don't. In fact I know the PA Spell / Item macro did work previous to 3.0, because I used to use a similar macro for Arcane Tablets.

In 3.0 there was some change to the way Macros processed /use commands, that broke this. You can still use equipped items in macros like a trinket, but not Inventory items, or any item + ability with a same/similar use.

Seems the only way around it executing the /cast and /use at the same time is to use a Mod Key, disappointing. Maybe even bug worthy.
    Its not a huge deal, was just trying to clean up some my paged bars, and make them easier to duplicate on alt specs and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    No that macro does Not work, no matter which order you put it in Patron's Fast Pass will Never be cast, I tested half a dozen times on 2 characters, in various order of execution. The Brev Portal Gen is always used 1st, and once the item is on CD, you just get the error (Item not ready).

Actually with further testing this morning I think it is actually triggering both the /cast and /use at the same time, if clicked independently neither the Portal or Fast Pass trip each others CD's. But the macro trips both CD's in a single press.
    I'm going to try to retain my patience with you here. Use the macro I put in my post. It works. I wouldn't have said it worked if I literally did not try it out before I told you it worked. I will even make a video for you to prove that it works. http://youtu.be/4ki_VVQBjcQ (aaaaand go figure, the video clipped out after loading screen lol but it works..)

You can only use the Brevanic Portal and you can only cast the Patron's Fast Pass.

Code:
    #show Brevanic Portal Generator
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Patron's Fast Pass
    You DO get the "Item Not Ready" error because the macro is attempting to use it first, but it's fine because it's on CD and it will cast the next item.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.

I did use your macro, copy / paste, not that it is any different the macros I've already tried.
    It doesn't work for me.

After I use it once both the Portal and Fast Pass are on CD, and I can not cast the macro a 2nd time.

However if I individually click the item, go somewhere, then click the spell, I can go somewhere else. Tried it on 2 characters will try a 3rd tomorrow. Might just be I'm bugged. I only have the 3 that are over 50 tho so after that I will just give up.

Plane Touched

If you're focus is to bind multiple skills to the same button then using the modifier tags allow you to control which skill is fired first

Code:
    #show Patron's Fast Pass
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Patron's Fast Pass
    use [shift] Brevanic Portal Generator
    If the focus is for a smart macro then I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    I did use your macro, copy / paste, not that it is any different the macros I've already tried.
    It doesn't work for me.

After I use it once both the Portal and Fast Pass are on CD, and I can not cast the macro a 2nd time.

However if I individually click the item, go somewhere, then click the spell, I can go somewhere else. Tried it on 2 characters will try a 3rd tomorrow. Might just be I'm bugged. I only have the 3 that are over 50 tho so after that I will just give up.
    I tried it on all of my characters. I was able to use my macro. I even spam clicked it and it didn't put either the item nor the ability on cooldown. The only time one or the other went on cooldown is when I actually ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    So during your attempt to make the macros, did you never notice the obvious? lol

As my reply said, items only work in macros with the use command. The cast command will never work. "Items" are those in your bags.
    I am not sure if you read the whole thing. Actually he, and I as well, used /use and /cast properly, though the game ignores lines in a macro if both commands are used.
    The reason may be the same name of the Item and Cast, but then again should the game recognize /use = item and /cast = spell, so it should not try to grab the item/spell when the command clearly indicates which one it should use. In either way, it is not working as it should be. Wouldn't be the first bug/feature/annoyance with macros. There are also issues mit @self and "cast on targetstarget" options setting - but this is a different story.

The workaround Kaltai mentioned often "fix" a macro problem, but that it's not how it is supposed to work.
    Last edited by Nehira; 07-03-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

+ Reply to Thread