+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Nialscorva

Thread: Minion Trainer 2.0 Beta!

Default Minion Trainer 2.0 Released!

Minion Trainer 2.0.0 available on Curse

What's new?

Profiles!

Profiles let you set up multiple configurations and quickly switch between them.
    • Adventure Types - Only pick certain adventure types from the deck.
    • Shuffle Currency - Unwanted adventure on top of the deck? Pick a currency to automatically shuffle it away.
    • Matching Stats - Want to throw your minions at experience adventures without caring if their stats match up? Set it to zero. Want to be very picky about your premium adventures? Set it to two to prevent a single-attribute minion from being sent.
    • Claim Attractors - Turn this off to keep Minion Trainer from claiming your attractor minions. You still have to send them manually.
    • Hurry Currency and Aventurine Cost - If the the cost to hurry an adventure is less than the set threshold, MT will consider it complete and automatically hurry & claim it when you scroll.

Quick Select!

When you hover over the icon, a popup lets you quickly switch between your profiles, as well as showing you which profile is active.

Fixes and improvements
    • Counts and time no longer disappear behind the icon.
    • Output Level on the Settings tab lets you control how much spam appears on the text console.
    • Tries to start an adventure before claiming an adventure. This makes cycling a bunch of finished adventures much faster because the next claim can be blocked by the loot window, but the start can happen immediately.
    • Lower CPU usage
    • Developer API under the global variable "MinionTrainer". Add your own filters, modify profiles, and receive events on profile changes.

Release Notes
    • The shuffle and hurry only use aventurine. Credits is possible, but I'm reluctant.
    • API is undocumented.
    Last edited by Nialscorva; 05-31-2015 at 05:34 AM. Reason: release
    Nials @ Hailol
    <Fire and Ice>

Does anyone using the beta have feedback on how attractor minions are working? Unless I get some feedback on attractor minions, I'm going to leave it as "good enough" for the 2.0 release.

Unless something major comes up, I'll release 2.0 next week. Most of the problems are minor.

Todo list for 2.0:
    • Error message about infinite loop when opening the config for the first time.
    • Investigate if changing the popup strata will make it appear over other windows (such as open bags).
    • Clicking the icon while the config dialog is open will close the config dialog.
    • Misspelled "aventurine" in a couple places.
    • Enable credits as an option for shuffle/hurry.
    • Document the API.

Any other bugs, quirks, or inconveniences?
    Nials @ Hailol
    <Fire and Ice>

Soulwalker

Default Missing LibCron

I've been using MinionTrainer 1.2.1 for a bit and like it. I just tried upgrading to the 2.0beta 2 and it didn't show up in my addons list. Poking it a bit I saw that in the RiftAddon.toc it requires LibCron which wasn't in its /lib. I downloaded the version on RiftUI and stuck it in lib and it seems to be working.

I'll post more once I've had a bit to play with it but off the bat I noticed that when it is unlocked it opens the config menu when you release left click after moving it. It should probably return to the 1.x behavior of not opening if unlocked.

On the mission profiles options "allowed types" and the symbols and the titles "minion selection" and "adventure collection" and delete and its button all draw on top of the tooltip.

It also took a bit to figure out that the black area next to the + to add a profile was a space to type in since it blends in with the window border. Maybe make it a box in a box or something so its more clearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienes View Post
    I've been using MinionTrainer 1.2.1 for a bit and like it. I just tried upgrading to the 2.0beta 2 and it didn't show up in my addons list. Poking it a bit I saw that in the RiftAddon.toc it requires LibCron which wasn't in its /lib. I downloaded the version on RiftUI and stuck it in lib and it seems to be working.
    LibCron was part of an experiment that I didn't back out properly. I removed it and added checks to keep myself from it again.

I'll post more once I've had a bit to play with it but off the bat I noticed that when it is unlocked it opens the config menu when you release left click after moving it. It should probably return to the 1.x behavior of not opening if unlocked.
    Fixed

On the mission profiles options "allowed types" and the symbols and the titles "minion selection" and "adventure collection" and delete and its button all draw on top of the tooltip.
    Fixed

It also took a bit to figure out that the black area next to the + to add a profile was a space to type in since it blends in with the window border. Maybe make it a box in a box or something so its more clearly there.
    Added grayed-out text when it's empty prompting for a profile name.

Other fixes in release:
    • Error message about infinite loop when opening the config for the first time.
      Investigate if changing the popup strata will make it appear over other windows (such as open bags).
    • Clicking the icon while the config dialog is open will close the config dialog.
    • Misspelled "aventurine" in a couple places.

Didn't make the cut for release:
    • Enable credits as an option for shuffle/hurry.
    • Document the API.
    Nials @ Hailol
    <Fire and Ice>

Soulwalker

Looks good! Thank you.

Stamina Highest priority in Train Lowbies actually selects minions with lowest Stamina.

+ Reply to Thread