+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Thread: Change Addon Directory

Default Change Addon Directory

Hello all!
    I have the game installed through Steam (if that matters) on my A:/ which is an HHD because my C:/ is an SSD with limited space. When I set up this computer I made the necessary changes for all the C:/>User files to route through my HHD and have not ran into any issues with any programs.
    My problem is that, in game, Rift is looking for addons on my SSD, even though the proper folders are on my HHD. Is there any way to tweak a system file so Rift will look on the proper drive for my addons? I reached out to tech support first, but I was told that he hasn't tried that and that I should come here since they provide addon support.

Rift created two interface folders:
    C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\RIFT\Interface\Addons
    (which is where it's trying to read from)

and

A:\Users\Brandon\My Documents\RIFT\Interface\AddOns
    (which is where it should be reading from)
    Last edited by scubab; 05-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Go to Start and type in %appdata% in the search box, this will bring up the Roaming folder.

Open that and go to the Rift folder, look for the rift.cfg file, it will open with Notepad.

Now scroll down to the [Client] part and you will see the path for 'DocumentsDirectory' change it to which ever path you want and save the document, then right-click on the rift.cfg file, scroll down to the bottom 'properties' and tick the box 'read only' and apply.

Thanks a ton! This did the trick

+ Reply to Thread