Today I'm proud to release the first version of what is probably my most ambitous addon ever. Before going into detail about the addon I'd like to thank two persons:
gordi@zaviel who did a lot of testing on the addon and always gives me great feedback and advise!
invedar@laethys for his LibTransform2 lib and also his great advise on development stuff
What is nkCartographer
This addon is aiming at replacing the standard main and minimap. After you installed this addon you'll find a new window on the screen. You can drag this to whatever position you like. It shows the map of your current zone.
In difference to the standard map this addon does not differentiate between main map and minimap. There's ony one which can be maximized and always shows all information available.
It will show all information available.Some icons show as ?. These are not yet recognized map entries. I'll plan to add a lot more information and hopefully eventually these can be replaces by proper symbols (They are not that often though)
Now why would you want to use this map instead of the normal ingame map? Very simple! nkCartographer adds so much more information to your map:
- If you have RareDar or Raretracker installed it will show the locations of rare mobs on your map!
- The addon will track the locations where you gathered ore, wood, plants and artifacts and can show previously loot locations on the map
- You can size and zoom the the window just like you want
- There are some different borders avaialble to make the map more stylish
But wait! There's more to come!
The following is a list of features I have planed for the addon and will find their way into the addon in the upcoming weeks:
- drawing on map and synching with raid members for interactive raid boss tactics instructions!
- scanning player targets in warfront and synching data to see enemies on map in wf
- conquest commander module to better direct the raids as a cq-leader
- hd maps addon
- boss POI on dungeon maps
- integrate quest data (start / end locations, etc)
- much much more
Working with the map
You can zoom in and out (using mousewheel or buttons) and drag the map to scroll it.
You can also switch to a large version using the appropiate button. You can toggle between small and large version using the command /nkCQ toggle. Put that into a macro, then place that macro on your action bar and bind the 'M' key to that action button and voila you can switch between the top map sizes using the standard map key.
Setting waypoints works just like normal through the right mouse click.
Move with the mouse to the lower right corner (either normal or maximized) and you can resize the window (drag and drop).
The addon will remember position, size and zoom level both in standard and maximized size individually.
Where to download
As all of my addons you'll find it on Curse.
This addon does NOT work in French and Russian client. I need help on the text pattern to recognize the map entries as I don't speak both languages.
If there's just static snow instead of the map, the zone you're in hasn't been set up in the addon. Please let me know so I can add it. This should just be 1-2 raid maps.
- some raid maps not yet finished
- waypoint lines sometimes not showing
- waypoint arrow head missing
- some raid maps are missing
- map scrolling does sometimes not work
- zone events are not shown on world map
Please send me your feedback and especially any error you find to me either by pm, email (look into the riftaddon.toc file) or simply here in this thread.