+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [ADDON] nkCartographer

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkCartographer

Today I'm proud to release the first version of what is probably my most ambitous addon ever. Before going into detail about the addon I'd like to thank two persons:

gordi@zaviel who did a lot of testing on the addon and always gives me great feedback and advise!

invedar@laethys for his LibTransform2 lib and also his great advise on development stuff

What is nkCartographer

This addon is aiming at replacing the standard main and minimap. After you installed this addon you'll find a new window on the screen. You can drag this to whatever position you like. It shows the map of your current zone.

In difference to the standard map this addon does not differentiate between main map and minimap. There's ony one which can be maximized and always shows all information available.

It will show all information available.Some icons show as ?. These are not yet recognized map entries. I'll plan to add a lot more information and hopefully eventually these can be replaces by proper symbols (They are not that often though)

Now why would you want to use this map instead of the normal ingame map? Very simple! nkCartographer adds so much more information to your map:
    • If you have RareDar or Raretracker installed it will show the locations of rare mobs on your map!
    • The addon will track the locations where you gathered ore, wood, plants and artifacts and can show previously loot locations on the map
    • You can size and zoom the the window just like you want
    • There are some different borders avaialble to make the map more stylish

[ADDON] nkCartographer-2015-03-21_153754.jpg[ADDON] nkCartographer-2015-03-21_153741.jpg

But wait! There's more to come!

The following is a list of features I have planed for the addon and will find their way into the addon in the upcoming weeks:
    • drawing on map and synching with raid members for interactive raid boss tactics instructions!
    • scanning player targets in warfront and synching data to see enemies on map in wf
    • conquest commander module to better direct the raids as a cq-leader
    • hd maps addon
    • boss POI on dungeon maps
    • integrate quest data (start / end locations, etc)
    • much much more

Working with the map

You can zoom in and out (using mousewheel or buttons) and drag the map to scroll it.

You can also switch to a large version using the appropiate button. You can toggle between small and large version using the command /nkCQ toggle. Put that into a macro, then place that macro on your action bar and bind the 'M' key to that action button and voila you can switch between the top map sizes using the standard map key.

Setting waypoints works just like normal through the right mouse click.

Move with the mouse to the lower right corner (either normal or maximized) and you can resize the window (drag and drop).

The addon will remember position, size and zoom level both in standard and maximized size individually.

Where to download

As all of my addons you'll find it on Curse.

Known issues

This addon does NOT work in French and Russian client. I need help on the text pattern to recognize the map entries as I don't speak both languages.

If there's just static snow instead of the map, the zone you're in hasn't been set up in the addon. Please let me know so I can add it. This should just be 1-2 raid maps.
    • some raid maps not yet finished
    • waypoint lines sometimes not showing
    • waypoint arrow head missing
    • some raid maps are missing
    • map scrolling does sometimes not work
    • zone events are not shown on world map

Giving feedback

Please send me your feedback and especially any error you find to me either by pm, email (look into the riftaddon.toc file) or simply here in this thread.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 03-29-2015 at 11:49 AM.

This looks nice ! I'll give it a try tomorrow. It also have a clean appearance, which is cool to make custom UI.
    Btw, I'm using your other addon nkRadial and I would like to know if it would be possible to see the cooldowns when you mouseover the differents icons in the categories (I'm thinking about Soul recall and co.) ? I don't know if the API allows this or what amount of work is needed.

Thank you and good job, I really appreciate your addons.

Champion

As of version 1.1.0 nkCartopgrapher now scan for quests you have not yet completed and shows them on the map!

The Rift API is extremely limited in many ways. It does not report quest givers and informaation in any way. nkCartographer uses a huge internal quest database and tries to compute missing quests as good as it's possible.

Quests which you have not yet completed and which's quest giver location is known will be shown as a gray quest icon on the map. In addition the addon scans for quest npc around you and will show any quest giver it identified a not yet completed quest for. This unfortunately will result in some false positives as some quests are not yet available until a certain char level or are part of a chain.

At the moment I'm in the process of manually getting the locations of more than 8'500 quest npc. As more and more of these npc locations are recorded, more and more known (and uncompleted) quests will show up in the world.

Shadowlander

Hi..nice addon but...it errored last night..went to details and it just said it errored and to disable/update whatever...so where do I find the error report so I can post it.

Also anyway to get all the foraging nodes to come up on the world map aka cartographer in WoW. cheers mate

Soulwalker

Any plans on making it work correctly with Mercenary's Reckon Vial, so we would have green and red points on the map, instead of question marks? If not (or - untill then), could you add a command to enable/disable nk map, for convenient switching between your map, and the original one (where merc rec vial works)?

Speaking of commands - toggle command doesn't work, it seems. I tried it in macro and directly in chat, both "/nkCQ" and "/nkCQ toggle" result in message "Unknown command: nkcq (try '/help')"
    Nvm, figured it out, the command is
    nkCG toggle. -.-

Another thing: tracking player's direction on minimap is akward, to say the least... It shows direction in which a player is moving, not direction which player is facing. So, if I stand still, and look around - my marker on the minimap doesn't rotate

Also - maximum zoom level on minimap is much smaller than in original minimap, so in situations when one needs precision - one can't zoom-in enough.
    Last edited by RaskJ; 05-13-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Soulwalker

Also - no altitude indicators on minimap (that awesome feature introduced with NT)...
    In cq extractors that are being attacked do not blink on map...
    I'll stick to original map for now, after all

Soulwalker

Default Request: x-y coordinates on screen at all times.

I'd love to see an update that would put the x-y coordinates on screen at all times.

Great stuff.... sounds promising.

Will test it and provide feedback later when I get home.
    If it seriously works as you said than you have my /bow cuz' you managed to improve Rift's best aspect.

Imo Rift's map is already amazing, probably best map in MMO genre ever made.
    Hoping this addon will make it even better!

EDIT: put download links to your addons in your signature. Not everyone is browsing this section.
    Last edited by Ifreet; 06-28-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Rift Chaser

Bump because this is cool and i fear than when not enough user use an addon, the author loses interest & the author is too cool in my book.

After using this addon for a while I disabled it.

Indicators are too small
    Can't bind a hotkey to open full map and gotta click everytime you want to see full map.
    Minimap not resizeable
    Minimap doesn't track pvp objectives (in domination maps)

If I'm wrong please tell me how to make this happen.
    I'll be using default map for now. Those four points I mentioned really bug me alot.

Shadowlander

Indicators depend on your map size and zoom level
    Minimap and Bigmap resizable in bottom right corner pickup and move it to wanted size
    you can toggle between minimap and bigmap with /nkCartographer toggle make a macro with it and put in bar and keybind it

Evry objective in maps need set its pciture. Author have new job, so will be no updates in maps atm.

General of Telara

I modified this addon (or rather the enkai lib it uses) to help me with Tok's Proving Grounds, which was surprisingly simple, but I noticed a bug.

The player target does not update on the map. I fixed it by adding
    Code:
    EnKai.unit.subscribe("player.target")
    after
    Code:
    EnKai.unit.init()
    in main.lua.

First I thought this addon just doesn't show target, until I reloaded my UI with something targeted and had a stuck target marker.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Any way to get a pointer to my nearest quest objective?

[ADDON] nkCartographer-nkcart.jpg
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 01-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I modified this addon (or rather the enkai lib it uses) to help me with Tok's Proving Grounds, which was surprisingly simple, but I noticed a bug.

The player target does not update on the map. I fixed it by adding
    Code:
    EnKai.unit.subscribe("player.target")
    after
    Code:
    EnKai.unit.init()
    in main.lua.

First I thought this addon just doesn't show target, until I reloaded my UI with something targeted and had a stuck target marker.
    I was able to get the map working with your instructions (yay and thanks!), but I'm having trouble with the "fix". I pathed to the main.lua, but I don't see the EnKai.unit.init () listed. Any suggestions?
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Quote Originally Posted by Tazendra View Post
    I was able to get the map working with your instructions (yay and thanks!), but I'm having trouble with the "fix". I pathed to the main.lua, but I don't see the EnKai.unit.init () listed. Any suggestions?
    I found it in unit.lua instead of main.lua, and was able to add it.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast