+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 106 to 120 of 120
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [Addon] Minion Sender

  1. #106
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    This will not happen
    ok, fair enough. i've got another question, is (or will be) there a chance to get rift icon blinking, if tabbed, when a minion is back from adventure?

  2. #107
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Is there a way to fix Minion Sender resetting to previous 'rulesets/option'?
    It used to only happen on game crash I believe, but I just tested something and it can reset to previous rules if you close the game normally and reopen it.

    What I did was :
    Open the game (minions were on 4 hours missions), take my rewards, send all minions on 5-15 minutes missions, close the game, and reopen it right away.
    The sender was back on 4 hours missions.

    So it's not just in crash it seem to happen when the sender does not "Save" the setting somehow, maybe if you don't stay in game long enough or something like that? (It also happens when I swap characters sometime).

    So my question is, is there a way to "Force" save the settings so they don't change even on game closing, character swap or even game crashing?
    What exact action makes the addon "save" the settings?

    I'm even considering not using it anymore unless there's a fix... The addon's idea is excellent, saves time.. But it doesn't save much time if you have to check everytime if you're using the proper ruleset, and if you forget one time you can lose a full night of minion adventures (by sending them on 8 hours soon as you log on, instead of when you're going to sleep or something), not good.

  3. #108
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Is there a way to fix Minion Sender resetting to previous 'rulesets/option'?
    It used to only happen on game crash I believe, but I just tested something and it can reset to previous rules if you close the game normally and reopen it.

    What I did was :
    Open the game (minions were on 4 hours missions), take my rewards, send all minions on 5-15 minutes missions, close the game, and reopen it right away.
    The sender was back on 4 hours missions.

    So it's not just in crash it seem to happen when the sender does not "Save" the setting somehow, maybe if you don't stay in game long enough or something like that? (It also happens when I swap characters sometime).

    So my question is, is there a way to "Force" save the settings so they don't change even on game closing, character swap or even game crashing?
    What exact action makes the addon "save" the settings?

    I'm even considering not using it anymore unless there's a fix... The addon's idea is excellent, saves time.. But it doesn't save much time if you have to check everytime if you're using the proper ruleset, and if you forget one time you can lose a full night of minion adventures (by sending them on 8 hours soon as you log on, instead of when you're going to sleep or something), not good.
    the addons settings save happens when you log out - either to char selection, exiting the game completely or even reloading ui. If the addon sometimes saves, and sometimes does not, there is either sth fishy with rifts write permissions into its addon folder, or somehow the game is closed completely before it saves. Could be a non spotted bug in the addon as well, but i doubt it since many people use this addon and they haven't spotted it, or at least haven't reported it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

  4. #109
    Soulwalker Tsukimie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    11

    Default Update aesthetic

    Hello,

    Here is an update of the MinionSender.zip to correct the icons of the bubble info of the window of the addon (version 1.6.10)

    A picture is worth a thousand words :


    Needless therefore essential, but this stuff make me crazy
    Last edited by Tsukimie; 08-10-2017 at 09:30 AM.

  5. #110
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default Minion Gambahl

    Minion Gambahl

    Does anyone know the line to add to make this minion seen as an attractor minion?

  6. #111
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukimie View Post
    Hello,

    Here is an update of the Attachment 31879 to correct the icons of the bubble info of the window of the addon (version 1.6.10)

    A picture is worth a thousand words :


    Needless therefore essential, but this stuff make me crazy

    Does your version include the extra lines to make some minions seen as attractors i.e. Opie?

  7. #112
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    Minion Gambahl

    Does anyone know the line to add to make this minion seen as an attractor minion?
    Add this line at the end of your Rift/Interface/Addons/MinionSender/lua/data/minion.lua file, before the closing bracket.
    (It set it as a dimension attractor besause I don't got any dimension attractor, feel free to set it as it fits best for you)

    Code:
    ["mn.mn.75226CDC23D66039"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Gambahl", attractorType = "Dimension" },
    Thanks to Kinou for the minion's ID
    Last edited by EternacCrow; 11-03-2017 at 11:21 AM.

  8. #113
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EternacCrow View Post
    Add this line at the end of your Rift/Interface/Addons/MinionSender/lua/data/minion.lua file, before the closing bracket.
    (It set it as a dimension attractor besause I don't got any dimension attractor, feel free to set it as it fits best for you)

    Code:
    ["mn.mn.75226CDC23D66039"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Gambahl", attractorType = "Dimension" },
    Thanks to Kinou for the minion's ID
    TYVM !!

    Works like a charm

    By any chance the same can be done for: Jolly Hellbug ?
    Last edited by Umfufu; 11-04-2017 at 02:56 PM.

  9. #114
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I don't have this minion, so I can't get his id, but you can run the following command to get it:
    Code:
    /script for id,_ in pairs(Inspect.Minion.Minion.List()) do m = Inspect.Minion.Minion.Detail(id); if m["name"] == "Jolly Hellbug" then dump(m) end end
    You can do a "/log" before and after this command so the data will be stored in a file named Log.txt located in your rift folder
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.3

  10. #115
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinou View Post
    I don't have this minion, so I can't get his id, but you can run the following command to get it:
    Code:
    /script for id,_ in pairs(Inspect.Minion.Minion.List()) do m = Inspect.Minion.Minion.Detail(id); if m["name"] == "Jolly Hellbug" then dump(m) end end
    You can do a "/log" before and after this command so the data will be stored in a file named Log.txt located in your rift folder
    Thanks a lot, this resulted in the line:
    Code:
    ["mn.mn.7B1F44EC5E7980A1"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Jolly Hellbug", attractorType = "Assassination" },
    Tested and works for me.

    Think we have all attractor minions covered now

  11. #116
    Xly
    Xly is online now
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    How can you make so, that the sender doesn't use a certain minion? For example: I don't want to use Billows (Dimension Attractor, who needs that?!) for 8 and 4h mission (or at all, if that's easier).

  12. #117
    Telaran Tandaradei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    How can you make so, that the sender doesn't use a certain minion? For example: I don't want to use Billows (Dimension Attractor, who needs that?!) for 8 and 4h mission (or at all, if that's easier).
    You can exclude Attractor Minions completly by opening the context menu of Minon Sender, navigate to the "Filter" menu and deselect "Attractor".

    [Addon] Minion Sender-sender_menu.jpg

  13. #118
    Xly
    Xly is online now
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    But I do want to use my other attractors

  14. #119
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Does anyone know the fix for Minion Sender not retrieving some minions/missions? Occasionally 1 or 2 get stuck, and other processes fine, but the stuck ones never get retrieved and fill up a spot.

  15. #120
    Xly
    Xly is online now
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Happens to me as well, only on Adventures of the Tasuil chain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts