+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [Addon] Minion Sender

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    This will not happen
    ok, fair enough. i've got another question, is (or will be) there a chance to get rift icon blinking, if tabbed, when a minion is back from adventure?

Ascendant

Is there a way to fix Minion Sender resetting to previous 'rulesets/option'?
    It used to only happen on game crash I believe, but I just tested something and it can reset to previous rules if you close the game normally and reopen it.

What I did was :
    Open the game (minions were on 4 hours missions), take my rewards, send all minions on 5-15 minutes missions, close the game, and reopen it right away.
    The sender was back on 4 hours missions.

So it's not just in crash it seem to happen when the sender does not "Save" the setting somehow, maybe if you don't stay in game long enough or something like that? (It also happens when I swap characters sometime).

So my question is, is there a way to "Force" save the settings so they don't change even on game closing, character swap or even game crashing?
    What exact action makes the addon "save" the settings?

I'm even considering not using it anymore unless there's a fix... The addon's idea is excellent, saves time.. But it doesn't save much time if you have to check everytime if you're using the proper ruleset, and if you forget one time you can lose a full night of minion adventures (by sending them on 8 hours soon as you log on, instead of when you're going to sleep or something), not good.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Is there a way to fix Minion Sender resetting to previous 'rulesets/option'?
    It used to only happen on game crash I believe, but I just tested something and it can reset to previous rules if you close the game normally and reopen it.

What I did was :
    Open the game (minions were on 4 hours missions), take my rewards, send all minions on 5-15 minutes missions, close the game, and reopen it right away.
    The sender was back on 4 hours missions.

So it's not just in crash it seem to happen when the sender does not "Save" the setting somehow, maybe if you don't stay in game long enough or something like that? (It also happens when I swap characters sometime).

So my question is, is there a way to "Force" save the settings so they don't change even on game closing, character swap or even game crashing?
    What exact action makes the addon "save" the settings?

I'm even considering not using it anymore unless there's a fix... The addon's idea is excellent, saves time.. But it doesn't save much time if you have to check everytime if you're using the proper ruleset, and if you forget one time you can lose a full night of minion adventures (by sending them on 8 hours soon as you log on, instead of when you're going to sleep or something), not good.
    the addons settings save happens when you log out - either to char selection, exiting the game completely or even reloading ui. If the addon sometimes saves, and sometimes does not, there is either sth fishy with rifts write permissions into its addon folder, or somehow the game is closed completely before it saves. Could be a non spotted bug in the addon as well, but i doubt it since many people use this addon and they haven't spotted it, or at least haven't reported it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

Default Update aesthetic

Hello,

Here is an update of the MinionSender.zip to correct the icons of the bubble info of the window of the addon (version 1.6.10)

A picture is worth a thousand words :

Needless therefore essential, but this stuff make me crazy
    Last edited by Tsukimie; 08-10-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default Minion Gambahl

Minion Gambahl

Does anyone know the line to add to make this minion seen as an attractor minion?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukimie View Post
    Hello,

Here is an update of the Attachment 31879 to correct the icons of the bubble info of the window of the addon (version 1.6.10)

A picture is worth a thousand words :

Needless therefore essential, but this stuff make me crazy

Does your version include the extra lines to make some minions seen as attractors i.e. Opie?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    Minion Gambahl

Does anyone know the line to add to make this minion seen as an attractor minion?
    Add this line at the end of your Rift/Interface/Addons/MinionSender/lua/data/minion.lua file, before the closing bracket.
    (It set it as a dimension attractor besause I don't got any dimension attractor, feel free to set it as it fits best for you)

Code:
    ["mn.mn.75226CDC23D66039"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Gambahl", attractorType = "Dimension" },
    Thanks to Kinou for the minion's ID
    Last edited by EternacCrow; 11-03-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EternacCrow View Post
    Add this line at the end of your Rift/Interface/Addons/MinionSender/lua/data/minion.lua file, before the closing bracket.
    (It set it as a dimension attractor besause I don't got any dimension attractor, feel free to set it as it fits best for you)

Code:
    ["mn.mn.75226CDC23D66039"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Gambahl", attractorType = "Dimension" },
    Thanks to Kinou for the minion's ID
    TYVM !!

Works like a charm

By any chance the same can be done for: Jolly Hellbug ?
    Last edited by Umfufu; 11-04-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Shadowlander

I don't have this minion, so I can't get his id, but you can run the following command to get it:
    Code:
    /script for id,_ in pairs(Inspect.Minion.Minion.List()) do m = Inspect.Minion.Minion.Detail(id); if m["name"] == "Jolly Hellbug" then dump(m) end end
    You can do a "/log" before and after this command so the data will be stored in a file named Log.txt located in your rift folder
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.3

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kinou View Post
    I don't have this minion, so I can't get his id, but you can run the following command to get it:
    Code:
    /script for id,_ in pairs(Inspect.Minion.Minion.List()) do m = Inspect.Minion.Minion.Detail(id); if m["name"] == "Jolly Hellbug" then dump(m) end end
    You can do a "/log" before and after this command so the data will be stored in a file named Log.txt located in your rift folder
    Thanks a lot, this resulted in the line:
    Code:
    ["mn.mn.7B1F44EC5E7980A1"] = { hasAttractor = true, name = "Jolly Hellbug", attractorType = "Assassination" },
    Tested and works for me.

Think we have all attractor minions covered now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8