+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @group1 macro

Default @group1 macro

new to macros and googling I can't seem to find a good answer to what @group1 does.

#show Cauterize
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group1 Cauterize
    cast @group2 Cauterize
    cast @group3 Cauterize
    cast @group4 Cauterize
    cast @group5 Cauterize

cauterize affects 1 target...so wondering how does this work?

Alright found the answer so sharing here, found it on this web site, with a nice write up

http://reforgedguild.guildlaunch.com...php?t=10324324

---------------------------
    Alright, see this beast of a macro? This macro, when pressed will cast the spell Vile Spores while showing the icon for Vile Spores. Macros: pretty simple stuff! Now let me show you a simple @group macro. For argument's sake let's say you want to run 5-man dungeons and want to prepare this macro with that limit in mind. So I guess first thing's first, I need to find a good cleansing spell from my chloromancer's skillset. I'm looking for an instant cast, cheap skill that has no cooldown, in this instance, Nature's Cleansing is the perfect choice.
    Alright, so now that we have all the pieces, before we assemble the macro, let's look at the syntax and workings of @group to see exactly what it's going to do. @Group is only a supplemental command, meaning it's added between the command to cast the spell and the spell's name. Having @group in the command allows this line in the macro to skip if it is not applicable, this is really the driving force behind the use of this command. Because @group can be used multiple times in the same macro, the position of the person in your party needs to be assigned behind the @group command such as, the first person in the first party would be @group01, the second person in the first party would be @group02, and so on. This ascends by one for each additional person, limiting at @group20 for the 5th person of the 4th party, but for the problem suggested earlier, we'll only worry about 5 party members in a normal party or the first party in a raid.
    Alright, we have all the pieces, we know how to play with the syntax of the command, let's get this bad boy together. We need a command that shows the icon for Vile Spores, instantly casts a single target cleanse, Nature's Cleansing, on anyone in the @group who needs it and when everyone is fine, returns to casting Vile Spores.
    #show Vile Spores
    Cast @Group01 Nature's Cleansing
    Cast @Group02 Nature's Cleansing
    Cast @Group03 Nature's Cleansing
    Cast @Group04 Nature's Cleansing
    Cast @Group05 Nature's Cleansing
    Cast Vile Spores
    There we are, perfectly assembled and easy as pie to make. Hope this helps you see that cleansing your group is as easy as pressing one button!
    -----------------------

+ Reply to Thread