+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chat bug cutting off words has been fixed

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Chat bug cutting off words has been fixed

You know that annoying bug that cuts off words in your chat window? I'm happy to announce that it has been fixed and is expected to go out with the next patch. I don't normally announce bug fixes but this one has affected so many people and it took so long because we were unable to reproduce it internally. Finally the bug source has been tracked down by one of our new engineers so yesterday our UI engineer, MrScary, was able to fix it.

Prophet of Telara

Thanks a lot! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Ascendant

OhEmGee .... who'dathunkit! Thank you so much, and yes, it definitely is worth a mention of its own...

Rift Disciple

Yay!

I am curious about the nature of the bug, is that something that could be shared?

Rift Disciple

You have our eternal thanks and gratitude!

Really? This has been fixed??? That would be... the best bugfix Trion ever did tbh

Now fix the empty action bar slots that randomly appear too and I'll be totally happy.

Plane Touched

Awesome, thanks!

Out of geeky curiosity, would the engineer, MrScary, weight in on the root cause?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    You know that annoying bug that cuts off words in your chat window? I'm happy to announce that it has been fixed and is expected to go out with the next patch. I don't normally announce bug fixes but this one has affected so many people and it took so long because we were unable to reproduce it internally. Finally the bug source has been tracked down by one of our new engineers so yesterday our UI engineer, MrScary, was able to fix it.
    You ma'am are my hero.
    I swear it is time for a Ginger (Like amber copper) and Marigold (bright gold) celebration in the form of what though? Kirin, Hellbug, Squirrel? Hmmm
    Thanks for all your good work!

Quote Originally Posted by kamisaibou View Post
    Yay!

I am curious about the nature of the bug, is that something that could be shared?
    Agreed! I'd also like to know, if possible.

And kudos to the engineer who found the bug finally.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

It was a bug that was very puzzling on how to get it to happen. Basically if you logged in a character with a resized chat console window larger than the default width and then let it sit while it displays text messages, after about 200 messages or so it would start to have this cut off words problem. New chat lines would be added and they would be the default width and not the resized width of the chat console. If you resized your chat console at all it would fix itself.
    Sorry I couldn't fix this sooner, but sometimes you need to be able to reproduce the problem reliably before you can work on a solution. ...oh and Ambers and I are still an effective team.

Great to hear. Can you set this engineer to the task of tracking down the color change bug? Now that would be best bugfix Trion ever did, IMO.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Great to hear. Can you set this engineer to the task of tracking down the color change bug? Now that would be best bugfix Trion ever did, IMO.
    Could you be more specific? what color change bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Could you be more specific? what color change bug?
    Happens a lot if you tab in and out. Your character suddenly has different color hair/lips/skin/etc.

It often occurs with "greenish" lips on all of my characters. Their armor also gets messed up color wise. I've noticed the armor mis-coloration is actually your main hair color and your eye color when it glitches out.

Plane Touched

Green lips, white face, outfit changes color bug that's been around since beta. Usually happens after a few hours of playing, sometimes after teleporting. Other threads have theorized that it is a memory leak bug.

See these threads for more information: https://www.google.com/search?q=rift...w=1280&bih=899
    Last edited by silentnights; 07-10-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

I've noticed that if I change to a different wardrobe slot and back, it fixes those colors for me (but not the lips/face/etc).

Also, the lips/face/etc does not seem to persist between shards - if I shard hop, on each shard I may get a different variation of the wrong colors (and sometimes the correct ones). But it stays the same for each shard.

Another similar one I've seen is that the eyelashes get very thick and don't seem to stay completely in place when my character's head moves around in the portrait frame. This also does not persist across shards, but does persist for the shard where it happened. (Not just me!)

And lastly... the "invisible character" thing that you can fix by removing yourself from what's visible (either scrolling all the way in and out or by pointing yourself at a wall) also is shard specific. If I'm invisible on one shard and hop some more without fixing it, I'll still be invisible on that shard when I come back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast