+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Poll: Turning on new portrait frames, is it clear or confusing?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silgid View Post
    In case you're here trying to find out how to turn on the portraits. here's how since no one else has really said.

settings-->interface-->display--> the fourth one down is the Portrait on/off option** then to the right of that is a drop down menu that has your choices.

...and yes it was a PitB to find since i haven't have one before now.
    Ok so some ideas for finding the portrait options:

I am betting 'right click portrait menu' would be lovely for players( this was the first place I checked), but might end up being a functionally nightmare as this option is expanded, and could end up being a problem.

So, an other idea would be under ;settings-->interface-->names ( well cause it is your name.) if it can't be moved/ copied (yes in 2 spots) then maybe a added text line

"PORTRAITS please see DISPLAY option in settings menu'

Thanks for all the wonderful new stuff by the way!

I agree with what everyone else is saying. I think it would be best if you could just click your portrait and change it from there

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We're going to see about moving that setting to be a right-click option from your player portrait. It won't be in this milestone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! We're going to see about moving that setting to be a right-click option from your player portrait. It won't be in this milestone though.
    That would be lovely! Thanks for asking us about this. This is one of those QoL things that you just "live with" and don't really think about how hard it was to find once it's done. So props to you for asking!
    Tigress@RIFT (Thank you for releasing unused names, Trion!)
    "You may be deceived if you trust too much,
    but you will live in torment if you donít trust enough."
    -- Frank Crane

Sounds a good QoL addition, as some people pointed out, it's not totally obvious on how to find it

There's also a few settings that could benefit new players by been ticked or 'on' by default, remember how long we had to wait for the 'PvP Auto Flag' to get ticked off by default

One that comes to mind is found in:

Settings -- Interface -- Misc and the bottom right option " Show additional overhead NPC Icons"

This would help new players immensely by showing them all vendors/trainers etc without having to cry for help in 1-29 chat on how do i find....
    Last edited by Slipmat; 06-18-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Please move the diamond (from killing all the rare mobs) setting there too !!! Otherwise, it will look unorganised some things here and some other things there both about the player portrait.

Question while on the topic of portrait frames, any chance the new "Blue Intricate Portrait" can be in red to? i like the look of that 1, but i a defiant, red outfit red background due to defiant, blue just doesn't go, another 1 in red would be nice.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Actually i'd like to see the Portrait Settings on a own Category in the Interface Settings with a little preview of how the Portrait will look like with your current char and style (wardrobe head, hair color, etc.). I could imagine that more Portraits with different colors will be available in the future and to know beforehand how the result will look like would save a lot of time instead by select and apply every single Portrait.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Quote Originally Posted by Elioty View Post
    Please move the diamond (from killing all the rare mobs) setting there too !!! Otherwise, it will look unorganised some things here and some other things there both about the player portrait.
    Yes if we can move them, then the diamond would go there too. It makes sense that they stay together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2