+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hydron

Thread: Show more than one skill tooltip in a macro?

Soulwalker

Default Show more than one skill tooltip in a macro?

As the title states, is it possible to show more than one skill tooltip based on which modifier is held?

e.g
    cast [shift] Necrosis
    cast [alt] Dark Touch
    cast Persist

Is there a way to show Dark Touch while shift is held, or is it just limited to one by #show (skill name)?

I'm no expert on the UI, but I doubt this is possible. Partly because it doesn't seem necessary, so even if it were possible to add the ability to the UI, I don't see why they would spend the time to do so.

Either that or it's a brilliant idea that on one else has thought of before ;)

Rift Disciple

This does seem like a great idea. As it is now the only way I can think for you to have two tooltips would be to just use the abilities on two different actionbar buttons and just keybind them with the shift and alt hotkeys

Soulwalker

Well I think it's necessary because with plenty of skill with cooldowns, if I wanted/needed to put two or more skills with cd's on one key, I wouldn't be able to see the cd of every skill, you know? My fingers can only reach so far. I go up to T G V 5, but there are more than enough to need more than one skill with a cd on one key. I'm a pure PvPer from WoW which is why I asked this. Tons of keybinds and macros, Being able to see EVERY cd was a must lol. But thanks guys for answering. Appreciate it

Shield of Telara

Get Karuul Alert and you can see any CD you wish

Ah, I see; Hydron has the answer IMO to viewing CD's.

I use KaruulAlert to track the CD's that I need.

http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert
    Last edited by R0NlN; 03-03-2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: clarity

you can always just place all your skills on the plenty of hotbar space provided for you... you don't need to press them, just look at them.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 03-03-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

If you don't use #show "the icon of a skill" but one of the randomly offered icons from the macro menu, then you see your macro in full length, if you mouseover it. The skills themselves you can put on an extra action bar to see their activation and CD.
    Last edited by Mausea; 03-03-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

not anywhere I can test it but is seems to me

#show "spell name"
    #show [shift] "spell name"
    #show [alt] "spell name"

should work, I'm new to Rift, only made 2 simple macros. :L

Soulwalker

Default Why is this being requested? It's a reply..............

Quote Originally Posted by R0NlN View Post
    I'm no expert on the UI, but I doubt this is possible. Partly because it doesn't seem necessary, so even if it were possible to add the ability to the UI, I don't see why they would spend the time to do so.

Either that or it's a brilliant idea that on one else has thought of before ;)
    -----------------

This is very necessary. World of Warcraft has this functionality and it really cleans up the bars.

It's stupid to have to put ability cooldowns on other bars when you're trying to clean up your UI.

It literally defeats the purpose of macroing.

So I ask to anyone who may read this - how in God's name do I use the #show command for two abilities on the same macro?

+ Reply to Thread