Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Thadaht
  • 1 Post By Gruntled
  • 1 Post By lynspottery
  • 1 Post By Zazen

Thread: Keybind to Temporary Action Button

Soulwalker

Default Keybind to Temporary Action Button

I have assigned a keybinding to 'Temporary Ability Bar 1', lets say key F1.

When the temporary action button pops up, it says F1 in the corner. When I press F1 the button shows an animation of it depressing. But more often than not, nothing else happens. It is as if the desired result is hardcoded to the mouse click and not triggered by the keybinding.

I exclusively use keybindings for my other abilities and am not used to clicking on abilities with the mouse, so when these temporary abilities pop up I really do not like to be forced to click on them. Since the keybinding entry exists, I presume that a key press should be able to replace a mouse click for the temporary button.

Has anyone found a way to make this work reliably?

Ascendant

NO, and it has been bugged like this forever, I remember reporting it several times in storm legion beta when I was testing out harbinger and over a year later it still does not function correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Have you tried different keybindings? It's possible that it's only bugged for certain ones.

For instance, I have my temporary abilities bound to 5-9, and they work fine.

Shadowlander

Do you have your action bars locked? I've seen people say that the temp ability key bindings only work if you have your action bars unlocked. It may explain why it works for some people and not for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnedar View Post
    Do you have your action bars locked? I've seen people say that the temp ability key bindings only work if you have your action bars unlocked. It may explain why it works for some people and not for others.
    I was about to chime in on this problem as well and this took care of it. Once I unlocked my bars, the hotkeys started working. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnedar View Post
    I don't have many issues with the Temporary key bindings, but they do not always work. Unlocking my bars is a problem because I am a combined key presser and mouse clicker in game. So if I use my mouse to click and ability, I end up with it being pulled off my bar by mistake if my bar is not locked.

An alternative method of dealing with temporary abilities is to create a single macro with all the temporary abilities, e.g.:

cast execute
    cast brutal strike
    cast aggressive infection
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-12-2014 at 01:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread