+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: [Addon] RaidFinder

Default [Addon] RaidFinder

Finally! It's Here...

RAIDFINDER

for TL;DR skip to the bottom

I made this addon because I wanted a better way to get into pug groups. I was tired of seeing LFM and LFG spammed across multiple channels. It's such a hassle for new players, guildless players, and alts to get into groups if they don't know about CrossEvents channel or can't link the necessary achieves.

So much of Rift depends on getting a group I figured I could make a better way to get into one.

Note: This addon's usefulness is directly proportional to the amount of people using it. The more who use it, the better it will work!

To-Do List:
    • Non-english language localization
    • Support for your ignore list
    • Calendar of future events

Choose whether you're looking for a group, or looking for more. RaidFinder Broadcasts your message across the cluster through the popular CrossEvents channels.

[Addon] RaidFinder-rf1.jpg

Browse through available Raid listings.

Sort or Filter by:
    • Leader Name
    • Type of raid
    • Loot type
    • Roles needed

[Addon] RaidFinder-rf2.jpg

Browse through the player listings and invite players to your raid.

Sort or Filter by:
    • Class
    • Roles
    • Achivements (Adds achives from ALL your characters = alt friendly)
    • Hit
    • Raid type
    • Name
    • Friends list

[Addon] RaidFinder-rf3.jpg

Manage the status of invites/joining raids.

As a Raid leader:
    • Manage your applicants
    • Send out invites with the click of a button
    • All without getting flooded by whispers

As a Player:
    • Apply for multiple raids.
    • View raids who want to invite you and choose the one that's best for you
    • No whispers needed to get an invite

Get Notified!:
    • If a raid forms that you are interested in joining
    • If the status of a player's or raid's invitation gets updated
    • Get notified by text in chat or by button/window flashing

[Addon] RaidFinder-rf4.jpg

A Few interesting things to note:
    The achievements, xx/13 and xx/12, are T1 and T2 raid boss achievements respectively. They can go beyond 13 if a character has killed bosses on hard-mode version up to a current maximum of 17/13 for all hardmodes down. They are pooled from all your characters. This means 2 things. First, someone can be 13/13 but on a different character (alt) it is not a direct measure of how geared they are. Second, for example, if someone is 10/13 in T1 you don't know which 9 of the T1 bosses they have killed. They could be 4/4 3/4 3/5 or they could be 4/4 4/4 2/5. This gives some wiggle room for players to see new content without being harshly judged for not having killed a certain boss but lets raid leaders know that a player is capable of content on a certain level.

Also, Invitations/Accepting will not work while in combat due to API restrictions. The button will not be visible but if you do somehow click it, it will give you an error (just disregard). However you can still Post and look for raids in combat.

TL;DR - Think of it as an "Auction House" for finding raids. Tell everyone you know about RaidFinder, Tell me what doesn't work. See Instructions tab inside the addon for detailed How-To documentation.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 11-10-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Looks really nice hope people start using this. Only thing that kinda bugs me is the icon, it just doesn't fit into the rift ui :/

Bugs:
    -You can invite yourself, join your own raid etc which causes an addon error.
    - Clicking Accept Invite when no player is selected you get an error too.

Suggestions:
    - Give us the option to mark ourselves as alts. Not forced but optional. Could show as name@server [ALT]
    - Not sure if the Rift API allows for that, but maybe give the option to play a sound when the button flashes?

Definitely interested in trying this out but my concern is that we will never have enough people that are LFR using the addon to be able to rely solely on the addon and that pretty much defeats the purpose of having it. I assume there's no API way of parsing chat so that the addon could detect when someone posts "9/9 mage LFG FT/EE pdkp full clear" and throwing that into the addon system, right? Meh, worth trying regardless. Thanks for putting so much work into such a difficult and possibly unrewarding project.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Looks really nice hope people start using this. Only thing that kinda bugs me is the icon, it just doesn't fit into the rift ui :/

Bugs:
    -You can invite yourself, join your own raid etc which causes an addon error.
    - Clicking Accept Invite when no player is selected you get an error too.
    Interesting errors, I knew you could invite yourself but I've never gotten an error message from it. As for the 2nd error, I put in place checks specifically to stop that... hmm I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Suggestions:
    - Give us the option to mark ourselves as alts. Not forced but optional. Could show as name@server [ALT]
    - Not sure if the Rift API allows for that, but maybe give the option to play a sound when the button flashes?
    If you want to you can use the note to say your main's name, there isn't a good way to do this inside the addon though.

API doesn't let sounds play with the button flashes

By the way, what do you mean by the button doesn't fit in the Rift UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Definitely interested in trying this out but my concern is that we will never have enough people that are LFR using the addon to be able to rely solely on the addon and that pretty much defeats the purpose of having it. I assume there's no API way of parsing chat so that the addon could detect when someone posts "9/9 mage LFG FT/EE pdkp full clear" and throwing that into the addon system, right? Meh, worth trying regardless. Thanks for putting so much work into such a difficult and possibly unrewarding project.
    It will never reach 100% of all users so you will possibly have to spam in chat. The other side of this though is that if enough people like the addon there will be a push for people who aren't using it to do so.

Basically when it's easier to find a group inside the addon than through chat it will pick up new people quickly. It just has to get over that initial "hump" first which all depends on people spreading the word and insisting on using it.

Also, there is no way to parse chat messages with the addon. BUT it might be possible to have it post a message in CrossEvents using the macro system. something along the lines of: "[RaidFinder] EE Group is now forming" just to announce it (and spread the addon). I'll look into it

Telaran

[QUOTE=Redcruxs;4546080]Finally! It's Here... (Beta test)

for TL;DR skip to the bottom

To-Do List:
    • Localisation (sorry europe)
    • streamlining performance issues (I haven't stress tested it yet!)
    • Cleaning and Tidying
    /QUOTE]

Aounds promising, will wait until I can use it for europe

Download and will promote. A fantastic tool if it gets popular and a large base running it.

Quite honestly, something like this should have been built into the game. It would make finding groups so much easier whether it be SHs, GHs, dungeons, whatever.

v1.0beta2 is uploaded. should be on curse client in a bit.

Bug fixes -
    • Status tab no longer throws error if you don't have any player selected
    • Raid and Player tabs no longer allow you to invite yourself

Known Bugs -
    • Occasionally you have to click a button twice before it activates. I think it has to do with having 2 contexts but don't know for sure

I think you should post this in the dungeons & raids section and maybe the general discussion section to promote it. I doubt many people visit this section often.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    I think you should post this in the dungeons & raids section and maybe the general discussion section to promote it. I doubt many people visit this section often.
    Once I work out some more of the kinks I'll be holding some events to promote it in both those forums. For now the response has been quite amazing for only being out in beta one day. I've found many bugs thanks to some devoted people.

Is the Europe version working yet?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Is the Europe version working yet?
    Reposting from Curse:

It's not compatible with Europe at the moment. I need a few peices of
    information from the EU shards in order to make it compatible.

1) Does Europe have an equivalent channel where people go to form groups
    across different shards? if not then that's alright i'll just make one

2) What are the EU shard names and how are they clustered together?

Localization is on my To-do list but I'll need the help of a translator to do
    it. Right now I'm still working out kinks from the first day of beta tests so it
    will be a bit until i can work on the EU stuff
    Once I get it working well enough and find out the information about the EU shard structure/names I can work on making it work with EU probably within a week. Localisation though will take time, given my RL schedule I'd say probably 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 10-22-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Here are the shard names: http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/
    As far as the clusers go I believe this is how they are:
    #1 English shards
    #2 German shards
    #3 French shards.

I could be wrong which means that the German -and French shards are together one cluster, but I'd need someone to confirm that.

Yes, English shards do have @crossevents, but as far as I know none/close to none are using it. People usually just announce that they're LFM/LFG by using @Zaviel, @Gelidra, etc.

From my experience, most 'new' players don't even know about addons or where to get those so getting them to download and use this addon will be quite a task itself. I really hope you or we as the community can pull this off. Not only does it make it easier for alts to gear up, but it's also alot easier for people who only did 1 or maybe 2 bosses to experience other bosses which is the main problem.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nypsie4 View Post
    Here are the shard names: http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/
    As far as the clusers go I believe this is how they are:
    #1 English shards
    #2 German shards
    #3 French shards.

I could be wrong which means that the German -and French shards are together one cluster, but I'd need someone to confirm that.

Yes, English shards do have @crossevents, but as far as I know none/close to none are using it. People usually just announce that they're LFM/LFG by using @Zaviel, @Gelidra, etc.

From my experience, most 'new' players don't even know about addons or where to get those so getting them to download and use this addon will be quite a task itself. I really hope you or we as the community can pull this off. Not only does it make it easier for alts to gear up, but it's also alot easier for people who only did 1 or maybe 2 bosses to experience other bosses which is the main problem.
    Well from this Thursday on all European Shards are in ONE Cluster.

As for the channel, I'm Pretty sure there's nothing like that across the servers. On the German Servers we mostly connect to the other lvl 60 chats, so the creation shouldn't be a Problem at least the RareDare channel shows this.

I may help you with the translation to german, If you want that.
    Last edited by Alreia; 10-22-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Question:

How do you guys feel about the messages in chat from the addon? too much? not enough?

Example: when you post it says "Posted!"

I was thinking about adding in an addional message in chat such as "xxx would like to join your raid" or "xxx's raid wants to invite you" when a player or raid requrests to be invited.

Also, in addition to the button flash I'm adding in the ability for the rift icon in your windows taskbar to flash, same as when you get a dungeon queue pop in-game.

Rift Disciple

Nice job dude, this game needs more addon creators imo, keep up the good work. I know I certainly don't have the patience for that kind of thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast