+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [Addon] ResourceTracker

Default [Addon] ResourceTracker

ResourceTracker

Shows direction and distance to nearby (selected) gathering nodes.

There are a number of UI Elements that RT uses.

There is a minimap style button:

The left grayscale image is shown when the button is unlocked (moveable), and the right image when the button is locked.

Right-clicking on the button will toggle between locked and unlocked states.

Note: If you have Docker installed, then the movement and locking options are disabled, and Docker manages the positioning of the icon.

Left-clicking on the button when it is locked, will open up the configuration screen:

Here you can select which nodes you want to track, how many you want to track and how long you want to keep the notice onscreen after they disappear.

You can also have the tracker hide in combat, or select to have relative rather than absolute direction arrows.

Note: Since the players heading isnt exposed to the API, its 'calculated' based on player movement - so strafing or moving backwards will show incorrect directions.

The red box at the bottom of the config screen is how tracking information will be shown. You can use the mousewheel over this area to change the size.

The tracker itself looks like:

Note: The blue bar is only visible if the config screen is open, but it can be used to reposition the tracker.
    Note: The red arrow indicates the node is significantly above or below your location.

You will see those two icons with red borders above the tracking information. Those show if you are missing a 'Track XXX' buff.

From the example config screen, I am tracking Wood, Plants and Ore nodes - but since I do not have 'Track Ore' and 'Track Wood' buffs, I get a warning icon to let me know.

I do not have an icon for 'Track Fish', since I am not actually tracking any fish nodes.

There is a a /resourcetracker command option, though it only takes the parameter 'reset' - which is used to reset all UI elements to near the top left of the screen - in case they go missing.

The tracker should be localized to work correctly with English, French, German and Russian.

As of time of writing, the latest version is 2.03r2 and can be found on RiftUI and Curse
    Last edited by Adelea; 07-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

And as is always the way, shortly after making a release another one is needed!

2.03r3
    - Added final missing French translation for Sunken Boat
    - Redid the config screen to use a standard rift window.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Ascendant

This sort of automation tool makes me sad.

What does it automate? The tedious mouse-overing of every gathering diamond on the minimap ?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    What does it automate? The tedious mouse-overing of every gathering diamond on the minimap ?
    Just someone looking to troll bait for attention.

Thanks for the update btw!
    Team pls.

Shadowlander

Hi, thank you for this addon.

I wanna know if this addon allow people to exchange their DB with each other, as we were able to do so with Gatherer addon on WoW ?

2.03v04.R
    - Added support for MapPOI to show nodes

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmens View Post
    Hi, thank you for this addon.

I wanna know if this addon allow people to exchange their DB with each other, as we were able to do so with Gatherer addon on WoW ?
    Not yet. Though now with 2.03v04, there is finally a point to collecting the data - since it will display it on the map via MapPOI, I need to think of a sensible way to exchange DB info.

Some brief testing shows that we could be talking of 400-600kb of data to exchange - so I need someway of cutting that down, or splitting it up.

But, at some point in the near-ish future, you will be able to exchange location DB info.

2.05v01.R
    - Added DE/FR/RU language support for Artifacts
    RU: Артефакт, Искаженный артефакт or any gatherable with: Артефакт or артефакт in its name
    DE: Artefakt, Verdrehtes Artefakt or "Artifakt"
    FR: Artefact, Artefact altéré or "Artefact"
    - Using the mousewheel up/down on the minimap icon will toggle the display of everything else
    - Added different icons for above/below (blue are above, red are below, green are +/- 3m of you)
    - Added toggle for using 2D or 3D coords for distances
    - Added toggle for display of elevation difference (centered on icon)
    - Changed the icons for artifacts - normal are whitish, twisted are reddish, and unknown types (ie what the Fae Yule Artifacts would have appeared as) are greenish
    - Bumped the max number of trackables to 24
    - Corrected DE translation for Sunken Boat

Soulwalker

Default I'm getting this error with Resource Tracker

This error just started happening, previously it was working perfectly. I have removed it and reinstalled it several times and get this same error.

Error: ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2060: table index is nil
    In ResourceTracker / Command.Slash.Register, event Event.Slash.resourcetracker
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__newindex'
    ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2060: in function <ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2029>

Please provide some assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruldaen View Post
    This error just started happening, previously it was working perfectly. I have removed it and reinstalled it several times and get this same error.

Error: ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2060: table index is nil
    In ResourceTracker / Command.Slash.Register, event Event.Slash.resourcetracker
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__newindex'
    ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2060: in function <ResourceTracker/ResourceTracker.lua:2029>

Please provide some assistance.
    This happens when you do "/resourcetracker saved" right?

Looks like there is an error in the code at line 2060

ResourceTracker_Nodes.Rarity[LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneId] = {}

Should be

ResourceTracker_Nodes.Rarity[LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID] = {}

The following should also work:

/script ResourceTracker_Settings = nil ResourceTracker_Nodes=nil
    /reloadui

You may get some errors right after the /script command depending on which zone you are in, but they should not appear after the reloadui

Soulwalker

Default FPS

This happens when you do "/resourcetracker saved" right?

Looks like there is an error in the code at line 2060

ResourceTracker_Nodes.Rarity[LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneId] = {}

Should be

ResourceTracker_Nodes.Rarity[LIBZONECHANGE.currentZoneID] = {}

The following should also work:

/script ResourceTracker_Settings = nil ResourceTracker_Nodes=nil
    /reloadui

You may get some errors right after the /script command depending on which zone you are in, but they should not appear after the reloadui
    I am getting game jerking every 1 or 2 seconds with this addon, is there a remedy for this please?

Are you running with ghost mode on or off?

If on, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

Soulwalker

Are you running with ghost mode on or off?

If on, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.
    Ty for the quick reply, yes I turned of ghost mode and it workd fine now, but I don't know what it does, what does it do?
    Last edited by bjcdh06; 10-29-2015 at 04:20 AM.

Ghostmode shows you where you have seen or collected artifacts before - but it can be a bit of a hog in terms of calculations since it has to check all your known nodes to see if one is in range of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast