+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [ADDON] nkRebuff

Ascendant

and for taptap:

in the rift folder you can find the settings for the addons (for some odd reason they are bound to the server):

[install drive]:\rift\Interface\Saved\[your account email]\

if you just copy the content of the original server to the new server directory, all setting for your addons will be there. tested this even with the PTS directory and it worked perfectly.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    and for taptap:

in the rift folder you can find the settings for the addons (for some odd reason they are bound to the server):

[install drive]:\rift\Interface\Saved\[your account email]\

if you just copy the content of the original server to the new server directory, all setting for your addons will be there. tested this even with the PTS directory and it worked perfectly.

cheers!
    Thanks! That was very helpful. Can't Rift without your addon!

Been a while since someone posted here. I've noticed of late that sometimes I'll get countdowns with a minus sign in front of them that won't clear up until I use the ability again. I can't make it happen though.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I've noticed of late that sometimes I'll get countdowns with a minus sign in front of them that won't clear up until I use the ability again. I can't make it happen though.
    That's due to server lag. The cancel event of the buff comes in late. As I don't check the timer itself all the time and rely on the cancel event the minus timer happens.

Cheers
    N.

Okay i left clicked on the nkRebuff icon ingame...right clicked on the icon. But i just can not seem to find out how to open the config menu of nkRebuff in game?

Okay i tried to see if using these two commands to see if it would help...

/nkrb reset
    /reloadui
    After i used the reset command and right clicked on the icon i indeed got error messages as mentioned on the front page, and this is what the error showed...

Error: nkRebuff/main.lua:618: attempt to index global 'nkRBConfig' (a nil value)
    In nkRebuff / nkRB_buffButton.Moved, event Event.EnKai.nkRB_buffButtonMoved
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__newindex'
    nkRebuff/main.lua:618: in function <nkRebuff/main.lua:614>
    [C]: in function 'Moved'
    EnKai/ui/button/actionbutton.lua:110: in function <EnKai/ui/button/actionbutton.lua:108>
    After the reset command i used the command /reloadui. This shortly showed the loading screen and then i was back in game again,,,but still no way to open a options menu for nkRebuff? So i have no idea any more as to why i do not get the options menu for this addon at the moment...but the screenshots on the addon page clearly show that it exists?

Darn why is the time in which you can edit a post so short?

Any way, could the problem be that version 3.10.2 was made for Rift v2.5 and that the current version of the game is 2.7? Meaning that something changed which keeps the nkRebuff options menu from working?

No one has an idea as to why i can not get the options menu for this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fessels View Post
    No one has an idea as to why i can not get the options menu for this addon.
    I'm fairly sure there have been no addon API changes between 2.5 and 2.7 that would stop the menu working (development on the API is pretty much stalled at the moment).

Judging by the error you posted, is it possible you've lost some of your saved variables files, or they have become corrupted somehow? As a test, you could try exiting RIFT, rename the "Interface" folder within "My Documents/RIFT" so that all of your addon settings are cleared out, and then restart RIFT.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

I have no idea how or why...but after i did what you suggested, and afterwards named the interface folder back to its original name i could open the menu. Is their a big chance in Rift that some how corruption happens?

Either way thank you very much DoomSprout.

Plane Walker

I'm having the worst time with this add on retaining it's settings.

I get it set up so its working great. Log off for a few hours and come back and that spec no longer works.

Is there a best way to reset it entirely, or to get it to save everything.

Yeah currently so many things are stirred up in the pot so to speak with exp. & add-ons and so forth. Will just need to wait it out until couple more patches come thru to get this sorted out. There were lot of things affected by going to 64-bit and this is always an issue for any 32-bit add-ons.

I'm just doing cheevos & quest for now myself- lest I get more irritated and quit all together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9