+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [ADDON] nkRebuff

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    I had the old bar version of this and just "upgraded" to this simpler version. ....
    The new version was re-written from the ground up in order to make maximum use of what's happened to the API between June last year and today. It will take a bit time for the new version to have the full functionality as the old one. I'm good but I'm not that good that I can pull off such a stunt in a couple of days ;)

What's currently missing is basically stack display / conditional display, tracking of buffs on other players (Was that even working in the old one? Don't remember) and warning / listing debuffs on the player. Anything else I can't remember but I'm sure someone will point things out if I forget to add something important

Apart from that everything *should* be working again as of 3.0.8. I say *should* cause I find some minor issues everytime I look at the code. I have tanked a number of dungeons with the new version and so far nobody died because of that

What's very helpfull is an error message along with a description of what you did if you encounter something wrong. There were a couple of very helpfull people who sent me mails the last two days with all the info needed to fix the problems they found. Hey guys if you read this: Major thanks! This is really appreciated

The icon vs bar thing is actually a non-issue. The icons stick to each other if you move one near another ;) So you can form nicely designed bars if you wish. However the new approach should be better performance wise

What you get with the new version however is:

- You can design each and every icon individually
    - You can re-name buffs / debuffs / cooldowns
    - You can replace the standard icon with a different one
    - Identifying new buffs is handled much better
    - Probably personal taste but I think the new UI is much more understandable

AND I have a couple of things planned which will fit nicely into the addon.

However I you like the old one better that's cool. I believe it should work post Rift patch 2.5 when the old event system is no longer supported. But no guarantuees on that.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

Ill try in the new version and dont know if is already fuxed but in 3.0.7 the addon dont track well the debuffs on target, tracks all the debuffs of same type , example : If a warrior uses flamespear on target my icon dissapear as if was mine.

Other thing , is posible disable the autosticky placement of the icons?
    Last edited by Rubapowaa; 06-28-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rubapowaa View Post
    Ill try in the new version and dont know if is already fuxed but in 3.0.7 the addon dont track well the debuffs on target, tracks all the debuffs of same type , example : If a warrior uses flamespear on target my icon dissapear as if was mine.

Other thing , is posible disable the autosticky placement of the icons?
    Thanks for the hint on the debuff handling. That will be fixed in 3.0.9.

Regarding disabling autosticky what would you want to achieve by that? You can fine tune the placement of the icons using the directional buttons in the icon edit pane. However I'd be interested to hear what your goal would be so I can better understand your need.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

V3.1.0 changelog

It's time for the next minor release update. This one has a couple of very interesting goodies:

- MAJOR performance update (didn't get it above 0.5% CPU time while questing)
    - Added a couple of icon effects like glossy icons, rounded corners, etc. Hope you like them
    - Added an (global) option to display labels in shortened format
    - Stack display is in - however conditional display based on stack counter is still missing

As always with a new version there are a couple of fixes:

-- FIXED: Only debuffs on target casted by player will be processed - other player's same debuff will no longer interfer
    -- FIXED: active buffs will now be again loaded correctly on char load and combat entering
    -- FIXED: Slightly re-positioned timer
    -- FIXED: slightly improved performance by now preventing unneeded checks if counter is not to be displayed
    -- FIXED: removed unneccessary generic setting to adjust counter (leftover of old version)
    -- FIXED: Slight UI update
    -- FIXED: deactivated default icon show stack setting
    -- FIXED: Added hint to default icon show stack settings.lua
    -- FIXED: stack display is now false by default (at least for user who load the addon the first time)

Soulwalker

dont understand how work "warning" options
    Bloom have 10s cd, i set warning 3s and get on timer:
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 -
    something wrong or its ok?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by llexl View Post
    dont understand how work "warning" options
    Bloom have 10s cd, i set warning 3s and get on timer:
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 -
    something wrong or its ok?
    Hmmm normaly it shoud just count down to 0 but there were some issues with the timers. Please try Version 3.1.1 and let me know if it has improved.

V3.1.1 changelog

-- FIXED: Get all buffs of player on entering combat as workaround for missing buff events (weapon enchants)
    -- FIXED: Slightly improved debuff handling on target
    -- FIXED: Counter going into minus value should no longer happen

Soulwalker

dont help =(
    if i set "warning"=7 i get
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 6 5 4 4 4 4 -
    if i set "warning"=4 i get
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 6 6 6 6 6 6 -
    its like "skills cd"-"warning"=stuck number

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by llexl View Post
    dont help =(
    if i set "warning"=7 i get
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 6 5 4 4 4 4 -
    if i set "warning"=4 i get
    10 (sometimes) 9 8 7 6 6 6 6 6 6 -
    its like "skills cd"-"warning"=stuck number
    Bloom is mage right? I'll look into your issue.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

New error when entering the game :

Error: nkRebuff/processing/systemUpdate.lua:41: attempt to index a nil value
    In nkRebuff / nkRebuff.System.Update.Begin, event Event.System.Update.Begin
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__index'
    nkRebuff/processing/systemUpdate.lua:41: in function <nkRebuff/processing/systemUpdate.lua:3>
    Last edited by Rubapowaa; 07-01-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Champion

I'm working on an update but as vacation is over update intervall will be slower

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Version 3.1.2 changelog

-- FIXED: there'll be no longer a short lag on entering combat
    -- FIXED: a rare issue were the running out of a buff was not recognized causing some troubles
    -- FIXED: issue where user activates a buff/debuff/cooldown but does not create an icon for it

Cheers
    N.

What I liked about the old version was that you could put several icons into one place basically and it would only show the ones that were relevant at the moment.

This is no longer possible, is it? If I dock the single buffs/debuffs to each other they will only be in a neat line, but still always in the same order? So if one buff is missing, the next isn't, the third is, the fourth isn't, it would be displayed as "B _ B _" (B = Buff, _ = empty space) instead of "BB" like before?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rika View Post
    What I liked about the old version was that you could put several icons into one place basically and it would only show the ones that were relevant at the moment. ....
    Yeah the new version works differently in this regard. The reason behind this is performance. The mechanism needed to replace images and references on the fly as it wasn't shifting around icons but was replacing what they represented.

The new version is more efficient as it simply displays an icon on need. However I have some ideas to achieve the old version's behaviour with the new code. Just no promises ;)

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Version 3.2.0 changelog

-- NEW: Individual tracking of buffs on pet
    -- FIXED: negative counters on debuffs should be a thing of the past
    -- FIXED: buffs both on player and pet will no longer show up if the pet runs out of range
    -- FIXED: tried to fix some rare performance warning issues
    -- FIXED: implemented a workaround for debuffs going out of sync
    -- FIXED: cooldowns are now displayed correctly

Keeping my fingers crossed then

Thanks for looking into it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast