+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: [Addon] King Boss Mods

Default Curse of Magma

I just watched a couple of Salvarola videos (those I know run 1.5.1 Release) and asked guild members and the Spy for Curse of Magma seems to working as intended.

So I'm at a loss why it's not working for you.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Could you tell me how the mechanic itself shows up on KBM or link a video in which it is shown? It is put on someone every 15 seconds and stays on that person for 9 seconds so I'm assuming it would show up like any other curse always has. I as well as the two clerics that were healing were watching for it and none of us saw it. Could it be something with our settings in KBM that carried over from a previous version? Would checking Mechanic Spy: Override do anything to help make it show up?

I've never had so much trouble with one curse in my life. My understanding is that Curse of Magma is put on someone and not cast because I had four separate KaruulAlerts for it. One where it would show if my target (Lord of Flames) cast it, one if my focus target (Salvarola) cast it, one where if any "friend" in the raid had the curse as a buff and one where if I myself had it as a buff. I also people who were targeting Lord of Blood using the target alert. The only one that works is the self buff alert. Curse of Magma also does not activate my Nature's Cleansing macro which enables it to be used if someone in the raid has a curse/disease/poison. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

Here is the self buff kalert that works.
    KA:Curse of Magma 1:aSVJseNolTsEOgjAU+xW+AEGGxvSILPGgB4K3JcvTbbAEN8P mgb93QNp
    D32vSFiV6fCda9IxV9uBofnPQmTfZnYYPwXmnUSSXJxQJnTURV 4p0EM+boJedbFykfXsXBIWQaJ2
    M46xJSW+k0hTHXKmAil3AWI3zcWWZ1ykUTfvo225V5ZZeFfuI/b1dp62Y/wHUJjS2
    Last edited by Talio; 09-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.

It'll be a purple Mechanic Spy. There's also a Green one for Mindsear. If you don't see the Spy then it's already been cleansed. I could add an alert for it too, but the video I was watching they were cleansing pretty rapidly so the Spy was only up for sub 2 seconds.

I'll try and get a screen shot of an encounter example of the Mechanic Spy (for Curse) and post back later.

[Edit] I'll work on raid frame alerts in a few versions. These will display color coded alerts on Rift's raid frames, and an event portal for any raid frame addon if they wish to use it.
    Last edited by Semele; 09-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Watch around the 2:50 mark, the Mechanic Spy appears not long after towards the top left. It's the purple bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...q0k9x9so#t=173
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

We took another crack at Salvarola tonight and finally killed him. The Curse of Magma mechanic spy popped up every now and again but it wasn't consistent. I honestly can't think of why it would selectively pick it up like that other than the fact that the person who has the curse is out of range. Between watching KBM, raid frames and having people in the raid use Panacea potions incase they were out of range we finally got the curse under control. You really take for granted how much easier an addon likes yours makes the annoying parts of raiding like this simple curse which can cause so many problems. Thanks for responding so fast and taking the time to look into it for me.
    Last edited by Talio; 09-08-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Hi Semele

Can you add a choice to select frame texture in KBM settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    Hi Semele

Can you add a choice to select frame texture in KBM settings?
    I'll probably add the option to use custom_<filename>.png for anyone wishing to use their own textures. Would be the best approach I think. But I'm sure I can work it in somehow.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Default 1.5.2 Release

v1.5.2

Castbars
    * Fixed: Error 1304 - Passive castbar creation.
    * Fixed: Error 70 - Player castbar pin scaling.
    * Fixed: Error 621 - For either missing Name or missing object creation.
    * Fixed: Error 1236 - Cast data access error.

KBM Messenger
    * Change: Now uses new API event system.
    * Change: Decreased the time it takes to gather KBM version info by 50% (This will be most noticeable in Ready Check)

Res Master
    * Fixed: Issues with Raid/Group members being only partially available when first encountered, and being locked out from updating.

LibSUnit
    * Change: Prevented Units visible via damage [Idle] from being listed in Target List.
    * Fixed: Partially available units were never registering themselves in the Name Lookup list, and never doing so from that point forward.

Tank-Swap
    * Change: Tanks are now listed in order of Group/Raid position.

Menu
    * Fixed: Error 906 - Menu items without settings tables.

Encounters
    * Fixed: Error 4134 - Failed boss mod start attempt (forced reset).

Endless Eclipse
    * Kain the Reaper
    ** New: Added Foul Blood debuff duration (Hard Mode usually)

----
    v1.5.1

LibSUnit
    * New: Added event Event.SafesUnitLib.Unit.Detail.Position (X or Y or Z position has changed) table{[UnitID] = UnitObj}
    * New: Added a clean method for retrieving Unit objects. UnitObj = LibSUnit:RequestDetails(UnitID)
    * Note: Using this method will create the Unit if available, or return an existing unit object.
    * New: Now checks for .relation member during the standard damage/heal handler. If changed, this will trigger Event.SafesUnitLib.Unit.Detail.Relation(table{Key = UID, Value = UnitObject})
    * Note: The Rift Addon API still doesn't support native Event.Unit.Detail.Relation, so until it does, the above will remain in the standard damage/heal handler.
    * Fixed: Prevented UnitObj.Health sometimes being nil.
    * Fixed: Table entry errors for new units created via Unit.Target.
    * Fixed: Some odd behaviour with cross-shard raid messages.
    * Fixed: Forced removal of targets which have become idle/removed. (Disposable pet fix for Add-Watch)
    * Removed: Redundant raid queue code. Slight performance increase.

LibSBuff
    * Optimized: Removed training wheels from the system. Performance boost.

Res Master
    * Fixed: Graphical glitch with some death states. This should now be more reliable.

Encounters
    * Fixed: Moved Combat state checking higher in the condition stage to prevent false encounter starts, and Mods locking themselves from starting correctly.
    * Note: Recently I've noticed Mobs and Players having no combat state both in-game and via the Addon API, this was messing with KBM's Encounter validity states.
    * Change: Should a Mod incorrectly attempt a start due to unusual client states, KBM will hard reset the mod preventing it from locking up entirely.

Menu
    * Fixed: All custom color settings will now work as intended. It'll remember default colors, and last color chosen when switching to/from custom.
    * Change: Custom colors for objects are applied immediately.

Notify and Chat Events
    * Fixed: Removed global references.
    * Change: Prevented capture method sending nil for Target.
    * Change: Now sends Boss.Name as the Caster field.

New Castbar System (During Alpha)
    * IMPORTANT: ALL Castbar settings have be reset to default due to how the new system works.
    * New: Engine and Bar for Player castbar.
    * New: Engine and Bar for Target castbar.
    * New: Engine and Bar Player Focus castbar.
    * New: Engine and Bars for all Encounters.
    * New: Global Encounter Castbar settings are just that, regardless of Multi-boss fights.
    * New: Castbar placement is now based on relative screen coordinates rather than absolute.
    * New: Encounter castbars automatically dock to the global anchor and expand outward should more than 1 be casting at a time.
    * Change: Overriding Global Encounter Castbar settings will allow you to disable/enable, pin/unpin and/or scale on a per castbar basis.
    * Change: All cast, channel and interrupt triggers are now handled via the new engines event system.
    * Change: Maximum castbar size has been increased to 200%.
    * Change: Pinned castbars inherit the Global Encounter Castbar settings.
    * Change: Custom castbars retain Style and Texture settings from global settings. These cannot be changed individually.
    * Change: Simple style castbars now follow the same
    * Removed: Old KBM Castbar system has been completely removed freeing up CPU cycles for KBM's main loop.

Phase Monitor
    * Change: Added a catch for cases when the monitor incorrectly starts and remains visible.

Raids
    * Endless Eclipse
    ** Dreadlord Goloch
    *** New: Added Alert for Baneful Smash.
    *** Removed: Cast alert for End of Days. Only Buff purge remains as an alert.
    * Frozen Tempest
    ** Kolmasveli and Toinenveli
    *** New: Timer for 60% DPS gate breach for first hide. (1:30)
    *** Change: Kolmasveli's Hide mechanic is now cyan (light blue) to match his Ire mechanic.
    *** Change: Kolmasveli's Ire debuff mechanic spy is now blue.
    *** Change: Tempest Flare now defaults to yellow, as it's an interrupt mechanic.
    ** Artifex Zaviel
    *** New: Updated UTID for Zaviel. (Recording will now start)
    *** New: Updated UTID for Power Conducer.
    ** Crucia
    *** Fixed: Alert Tab not showing.

Slivers
    * Grim Awakening
    ** Magma Lord Kaliban
    *** New: Added Alert for Sanguine Incantation. (Standard Yellow interrupt)
    *** Change: Alert color changed for soul shatter. Now Orange by default.
    ** Salvarola
    *** New: Added Mechanic Spy for Curse of Magma.
    *** New: Added Enrage Timer for 5:30.
    *** Change: Incineration timer changed from a Wait style to standard.
    ** Ultane
    *** New: Added Tank-Swap monitoring for Devil's Pact.
    *** New: Added Alert and Spy for Spirit Shackle
    *** New: Added Alert and Spy for Infernal Radiance.
    *** New: Enrage Timer added.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Disciple

Eggtenders has a mechanic, Pool of Bile, which is functionally the same as the Razorwind ability for HM Gelidra. It's a targeted mechanic that drops a circle. No one can be in the circle or they will get a DoT which ticks for 17-18k. A Blizzgo style warning is really handy for this type of mechanic. You might consider.

As always, I really appreciate the continued work you have put into keeping this up and current. The new timers for Twins in IG really help to smooth some of the hecticness of that fight.

Default Stuck

I seem to be stuck in version 1.5.4.757 and keep getting the popup that there is a new version available. I've tried deleting the old file and the downloading as well as copy/paste to overwrite. Probably something stupid I am or am not doing. I appreciate any help you can give.
    This is a great addon and is required for Raiders in our Guild. As soon as I found it I started using .Thanks for your hard work.

I just checked over everything related to update notifications my end and everything appears to be in order. Also, I'm assuming you mean the output text in chat rather than a popup window, since KBM has no popup window for updates.

There's a few other things to check.

Open the KBM options window when you first login to Rift and ensure the version matches 1.5.4.757. There's no update on RiftUI just yet (though it will be soon).

You can also enter the command /kbmversion in the chat window to get your current version.

The official version is 1.5.4.757. So, it could be that someone is working on a personal version and changed the version string without setting the IsAlpha variable to true.

Just so you know. The only time KBM checks updates is when a Guild Member logs in, or a person joins your raid/group (or you join a raid/group), whether it be Warfronts, Raids, CQ, LFG or Public Groups.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

bbt
    Soulwalker

How do i find out what each screen alert color is in reference to..like interupt is the beige colored screen alert, what are the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    How do i find out what each screen alert color is in reference to..like interupt is the beige colored screen alert, what are the rest?
    Open up the menu and look at the Alerts tab for the encounter (lower left tabber group) you're about to face. Here you can look at the available alerts and change the colors, or at least know which colors represent which mechanic. You can also disable specific Alerts here that may not apply to you. Same for Timers and Spies in the Timers tab.

I try to keep the colors uniform, like Yellow for Interrupt, Purple for Dispell/Mechanic Debuff and Red for move out warnings. But, sometimes those colors may clash with the encounter color scheme, so nothing is set in stone.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Disciple

The new raid marks throw up an error for the Add-Watch plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshalla View Post
    The new raid marks throw up an error for the Add-Watch plugin.
    Yeah, it happens with Mark-It too I believe. Guess I'll have to log-in in figure out how to resolve it.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast