+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [Addon] Roles

Edit: Due to changes in Rift, the alpha/beta builds for 2.0 are no longer valid. Please re-install 1.9 until a new build for 2.0 is available. More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    In light of the wardrobe changes coming in Rift 3.2, I will be removing most of the new features originally planned for version 2. Wardrobe slots will no longer provide actual storage, so there is no point in having the addon save and load its own equipment sets. Item tooltips and set listings are nice to have but not worth the added complexity of having two equipment modes.

In summary, all changes related to enhanced mode will be reverted. 2.0 will be the same as 1.9 with minor bug fixes and the following additions: the ability to manually assign role icons, new [left] and [right] modifiers for custom macros, and some configuration window enhancements.

The 2.0 beta has been temporarily removed from the download area. I'll put up a new version of the beta after making the necessary changes.
    Last edited by Zormus; 10-06-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Can you write a macro to use a right-click to mount while the left click mounts a different one? Also, add a macro to do the same with companions? All this on one role.

I see you can add additional macros but I dont know how to write the macro needed to use this to mount separate mounts or summon pets for each right/left click.

Thanks,
    Makrownub
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    Can you write a macro to use a right-click to mount while the left click mounts a different one? Also, add a macro to do the same with companions? All this on one role.

I see you can add additional macros but I dont know how to write the macro needed to use this to mount separate mounts or summon pets for each right/left click.
    The macro command for summoning a companion or mount is "use name of companion/mount". Note that this is a toggle so if the companion/mount is already summoned, the command would dismiss it.

The addon menu is for changing roles primarily, so unless you want to mount up every time you change your role, you probably wouldn't want to put a mount macro in there. I can see some use for a companion command if you wish to use a different companion depending on what role you are in.

The role change needs to complete before executing your command, so you need to put a wait command in there, like this:

wait 3
    use Bernie

As for differentiating between left/right clicks for custom macros, this is not available in the current version (1.9) but has been implemented for the upcoming 2.0 release. You will be able to use [left] and [right] modifiers on any macro line like this:

wait 3
    [left] use Bernie
    [right] use Breezy Fluffy

You'll have to wait for the 2.0 release to use the new modifiers. I don't have a release date available but it will hopefully be soon.

Default 2.0 Beta Temporarily Removed

In light of the wardrobe changes coming in Rift 3.2, I will be removing most of the new features originally planned for version 2. Wardrobe slots will no longer provide actual storage, so there is no point in having the addon save and load its own equipment sets. Item tooltips and set listings are nice to have but not worth the added complexity of having two equipment modes.

In summary, all changes related to enhanced mode will be reverted. 2.0 will be the same as 1.9 with minor bug fixes and the following additions: the ability to manually assign role icons, new [left] and [right] modifiers for custom macros, and some configuration window enhancements.

The 2.0 beta has been temporarily removed from the download area. I'll put up a new version of the beta after making the necessary changes.
    Last edited by Zormus; 04-01-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    The macro command for summoning a companion or mount is "use name of companion/mount". Note that this is a toggle so if the companion/mount is already summoned, the command would dismiss it.

The addon menu is for changing roles primarily, so unless you want to mount up every time you change your role, you probably wouldn't want to put a mount macro in there. I can see some use for a companion command if you wish to use a different companion depending on what role you are in.

The role change needs to complete before executing your command, so you need to put a wait command in there, like this:

wait 3
    use Bernie

As for differentiating between left/right clicks for custom macros, this is not available in the current version (1.9) but has been implemented for the upcoming 2.0 release. You will be able to use [left] and [right] modifiers on any macro line like this:

wait 3
    [left] use Bernie
    [right] use Breezy Fluffy

You'll have to wait for the 2.0 release to use the new modifiers. I don't have a release date available but it will hopefully be soon.
    That sounds great! A good compromise without having to re-work the the whole window.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.

Soulwalker

Default Summon different mount/pet

There's addon on Curse - MountMe
    "A simple addon to allow you to summon a random mount or random pet with a click of the button"
    Maybe this one will fit your need better than macro

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcma View Post
    There's addon on Curse - MountMe
    "A simple addon to allow you to summon a random mount or random pet with a click of the button"
    Maybe this one will fit your need better than macro
    Nope. Dont want random.

Would it be possible to add an option to keep the window open? For example, when I'm in NMRs, switching roles as quickly as possible is a must and it'd be nice if I could just keep the window open since I'm switching so often. Thanks and great work!
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Would it be possible to add an option to keep the window open? For example, when I'm in NMRs, switching roles as quickly as possible is a must and it'd be nice if I could just keep the window open since I'm switching so often. Thanks and great work!
    Shouldn't it be better to use Macros in this special case?
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Shouldn't it be better to use Macros in this special case?
    I would say yes, but I have so many macros already. Also, it's not just this case, I was just giving an example.
    R.I.P.

Any chance of adding fragment sets to this?

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Any chance of adding fragment sets to this?
    The usual saveequip/loadequip also captures the currently chosen planar fragment set, so you can use that and Roles will work with them already.

If you want more fine-grained control, you can add

loadplanarfragmentset #

to the additional macro text for each entry in Roles, where # corresponds to the number of the set in the fragment interface. As the built-in interface handles organizing the sets, there is no equivalent save command.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4