+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 57 of 57
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [Addon] Roles

  1. #46
    Plane Touched Zormus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Edit: Due to changes in Rift, the alpha/beta builds for 2.0 are no longer valid. Please re-install 1.9 until a new build for 2.0 is available. More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    In light of the wardrobe changes coming in Rift 3.2, I will be removing most of the new features originally planned for version 2. Wardrobe slots will no longer provide actual storage, so there is no point in having the addon save and load its own equipment sets. Item tooltips and set listings are nice to have but not worth the added complexity of having two equipment modes.

    In summary, all changes related to enhanced mode will be reverted. 2.0 will be the same as 1.9 with minor bug fixes and the following additions: the ability to manually assign role icons, new [left] and [right] modifiers for custom macros, and some configuration window enhancements.

    The 2.0 beta has been temporarily removed from the download area. I'll put up a new version of the beta after making the necessary changes.
    Last edited by Zormus; 10-06-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

  2. #47
    Rift Chaser Dahbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Can you write a macro to use a right-click to mount while the left click mounts a different one? Also, add a macro to do the same with companions? All this on one role.

    I see you can add additional macros but I dont know how to write the macro needed to use this to mount separate mounts or summon pets for each right/left click.

    Thanks,
    Makrownub
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

  3. #48
    Plane Touched Zormus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    Can you write a macro to use a right-click to mount while the left click mounts a different one? Also, add a macro to do the same with companions? All this on one role.

    I see you can add additional macros but I dont know how to write the macro needed to use this to mount separate mounts or summon pets for each right/left click.
    The macro command for summoning a companion or mount is "use name of companion/mount". Note that this is a toggle so if the companion/mount is already summoned, the command would dismiss it.

    The addon menu is for changing roles primarily, so unless you want to mount up every time you change your role, you probably wouldn't want to put a mount macro in there. I can see some use for a companion command if you wish to use a different companion depending on what role you are in.

    The role change needs to complete before executing your command, so you need to put a wait command in there, like this:

    wait 3
    use Bernie

    As for differentiating between left/right clicks for custom macros, this is not available in the current version (1.9) but has been implemented for the upcoming 2.0 release. You will be able to use [left] and [right] modifiers on any macro line like this:

    wait 3
    [left] use Bernie
    [right] use Breezy Fluffy

    You'll have to wait for the 2.0 release to use the new modifiers. I don't have a release date available but it will hopefully be soon.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

  4. #49
    Plane Touched Zormus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default 2.0 Beta Temporarily Removed

    In light of the wardrobe changes coming in Rift 3.2, I will be removing most of the new features originally planned for version 2. Wardrobe slots will no longer provide actual storage, so there is no point in having the addon save and load its own equipment sets. Item tooltips and set listings are nice to have but not worth the added complexity of having two equipment modes.

    In summary, all changes related to enhanced mode will be reverted. 2.0 will be the same as 1.9 with minor bug fixes and the following additions: the ability to manually assign role icons, new [left] and [right] modifiers for custom macros, and some configuration window enhancements.

    The 2.0 beta has been temporarily removed from the download area. I'll put up a new version of the beta after making the necessary changes.
    Last edited by Zormus; 04-01-2015 at 08:00 PM.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

  5. #50
    Rift Chaser Dahbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    The macro command for summoning a companion or mount is "use name of companion/mount". Note that this is a toggle so if the companion/mount is already summoned, the command would dismiss it.

    The addon menu is for changing roles primarily, so unless you want to mount up every time you change your role, you probably wouldn't want to put a mount macro in there. I can see some use for a companion command if you wish to use a different companion depending on what role you are in.

    The role change needs to complete before executing your command, so you need to put a wait command in there, like this:

    wait 3
    use Bernie

    As for differentiating between left/right clicks for custom macros, this is not available in the current version (1.9) but has been implemented for the upcoming 2.0 release. You will be able to use [left] and [right] modifiers on any macro line like this:

    wait 3
    [left] use Bernie
    [right] use Breezy Fluffy


    You'll have to wait for the 2.0 release to use the new modifiers. I don't have a release date available but it will hopefully be soon.
    That sounds great! A good compromise without having to re-work the the whole window.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

  6. #51
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default Summon different mount/pet

    There's addon on Curse - MountMe
    "A simple addon to allow you to summon a random mount or random pet with a click of the button"
    Maybe this one will fit your need better than macro

  7. #52
    Rift Chaser Dahbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcma View Post
    There's addon on Curse - MountMe
    "A simple addon to allow you to summon a random mount or random pet with a click of the button"
    Maybe this one will fit your need better than macro
    Nope. Dont want random.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

  8. #53
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Would it be possible to add an option to keep the window open? For example, when I'm in NMRs, switching roles as quickly as possible is a must and it'd be nice if I could just keep the window open since I'm switching so often. Thanks and great work!
    R.I.P.

  9. #54
    Plane Touched Nehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Would it be possible to add an option to keep the window open? For example, when I'm in NMRs, switching roles as quickly as possible is a must and it'd be nice if I could just keep the window open since I'm switching so often. Thanks and great work!
    Shouldn't it be better to use Macros in this special case?
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

    Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

  10. #55
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Shouldn't it be better to use Macros in this special case?
    I would say yes, but I have so many macros already. Also, it's not just this case, I was just giving an example.
    R.I.P.

  11. #56
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Any chance of adding fragment sets to this?

  12. #57
    Plane Walker Serein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Any chance of adding fragment sets to this?
    The usual saveequip/loadequip also captures the currently chosen planar fragment set, so you can use that and Roles will work with them already.

    If you want more fine-grained control, you can add

    loadplanarfragmentset #

    to the additional macro text for each entry in Roles, where # corresponds to the number of the set in the fragment interface. As the built-in interface handles organizing the sets, there is no equivalent save command.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts