+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [Addon] Roles

Soulwalker

Is there a way to get a version that this very useful and great tool can pick the equip directly from the wardrobe slots into the equip slots?

For example:

role 1 = dps
    role 2 = pvp
    wardrobe set 1 = pvp items

You are currently on role 1 with normal dps equip. now you wanna switch to pvp role and pvp equip. is it possible that the equip can change from wardrobe slots to normal equip slots? Don't wanna carry the whole bunch of equip in my inventory...
    Last edited by Pina Colada; 09-29-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    Is there a way to get a version that this very useful and great tool can pick the equip directly from the wardrobe slots into the equip slots?
    The addon does not currently manipulate items directly; it simply creates and executes macros using the game's built-in /loadequip and /equip commands. The original goal was to keep the addon as simple and lightweight as possible for the user.

Your request is a popular one though, and what I might do in the future is provide an optional plug-in for the addon that will allow the user to store and load equipment from wardrobe slots. That way users can choose whether or not they want the extra functionality in the addon. No ETA on this feature but it is definitely on the list of things I'd like to add.
    Last edited by Zormus; 09-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Soulwalker

That would be really great.
    I know that there is "gadget outfitter" who can manage this but i really like your "light" and easy addon.

And thanks for the feedback.

Default 1.8 Alpha

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been quite busy lately.

An alpha version of 1.8 is now available at Curseforge for anyone who is interested in testing it out. New features include custom names for equipment and wardrobe sets and the ability to load/save sets from the configuration dialog. There is also a new option to give the menu button a transparent background.

Feedback and bug reports would be much appreciated. Other features that have been requested are not forgotten; they are being worked on and will be available in a later release.
    Last edited by Zormus; 01-20-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Lightbulb Version 1.8 Released

Version 1.8 is now available for download: @Curse | @RiftUI
    • You can now assign custom names to equipment and wardrobe sets. These names are displayed in the drop-down lists so you can easily identify which set is which.

• Equipment sets can now be loaded/saved by clicking a button in the configuration dialog. Some may find this more convenient than typing out the /loadequip and /saveequip commands when updating sets with new equipment. Wardrobe sets can also be loaded from the configuration dialog.

• There is a new option to give the role menu button a transparent background when not being moused over.

• The addon now supports German and Russian in addition to English and French. Thanks to all the translators who contributed to the localization effort!
    Last edited by Zormus; 01-22-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Lightbulb Version 1.8.1 Released

If you've downloaded version 1.8, please download version 1.8.1 for an important fix. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lightbulb Version 1.9 Released

Version 1.9 is now available and includes the following:
    • Support for the 20 additional wardrobe sets that will be added in Rift 2.7 (39 total).

• Drop-down lists for KaruulAlert sets and subsets. These are a convenient alternative to putting the commands in the macro area, and are active only if you have KaruulAlert installed.
    Download links: @Curse | @RiftUI

For those wondering about using wardrobe slots as equipment storage: this feature will be included in version 2 of the addon. Work on the new version is underway and when the beta version is available for testing, I will post an announcement in this thread.
    Last edited by Zormus; 05-07-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

trying to figure this out. im sure its easy to do.

i dont want to have my armor or gear change depending on the roles that i have such as ranger, tank, assassin. can i somehow just make it so that i have 3 options, pve, pvp, or tank pve.

if not, how do i set it up for both pvp and pve? what does "left click" and "right click" mean? if i left click on the small rectangular bar, it will use that corresponding set, and if i right click on the bar, it will use the other corresponding set??

Quote Originally Posted by jjyiz28 View Post
    can i somehow just make it so that i have 3 options, pve, pvp, or tank pve.
    To start off, equip each of the 3 sets and type "/saveequip #" for each. For example, "/saveequip 1", "/saveequip 2", and "/saveequip 3". In the addon's configuration window, go to the "Sets" tab and you can optionally set up names for these three sets such as "PvE", "PvP" and "Tank PvE".

The addon is about changing gear as you change to different roles so you will have to go to the main "Roles" tab, select each role, and select from the gear sets that you just made.

what does "left click" and "right click" mean? if i left click on the small rectangular bar, it will use that corresponding set, and if i right click on the bar, it will use the other corresponding set??
    After you open the menu with a left-click, you have the option of clicking each entry in the list with a left- or right-click. Either click will change to the corresponding role. If you left-click, it will also equip the set you chose on the left side, if you right-click, it will also equip the set you chose on the right side.

For example, for your ranger and assassin roles, you can select your "PvE" set for left-click and "PvP" for right-click. And for your tank role, select "Tank PvE" for left-click and "PvP" for right click. Now you can change to your role and equip either the PvE or PvP set for it by left- or right-clicking the menu item.

Hope this helps. If anything is still unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Rift Disciple

trying to figure this out. im sure its easy to do.

i dont want to have my armor or gear change depending on the roles that i have such as ranger, tank, assassin. can i somehow just make it so that i have 3 options, pve, pvp, or tank pve.

if not, how do i set it up for both pvp and pve? what does "left click" and "right click" mean? if i left click on the small rectangular bar, it will use that corresponding set, and if i right click on the bar, it will use the other corresponding set??
    edit: ok i get it.. left click , right click.. i click on the rectangular, then i can either left click it or right click it, and will wear the appropraite set. cool

Rift Disciple

yah it works perfectly.. and i also put in the /importkeybindings for each of the roles, much streamlined.. good mod . thanks

AWESOME mod. TYVM!

Default 2.0 Alpha

I'm happy to announce that Roles 2.0 is finally ready for alpha testing. This version contains a major new feature that users have often requested: the ability to use wardrobe slots as extra storage for equipment items. It also features enhanced item tooltips that show which set(s) the item is used in.

One of my goals for this version was to preserve the simplicity and ease-of-use of the addon while providing the new features. Thus, the new functionality is easily accessible. Simply select "enhanced mode" in the configuration window (sets tab), then use /roles saveequip # instead of /saveequip # to save your equipment sets. You can continue to use the addon in the same way as before without any additional configuration beyond the new save command.

In enhanced mode, equipment items can be loaded from the wardrobe and they swap places with the items they are replacing, similar to how regular inventory slots operate. Please note that items need to temporarily go to the inventory before reaching their final destination so you'll need some free inventory space to make the swaps. The addon will warn you if you don't have enough space available.

I'm not actively playing Rift at the moment, so I would definitely appreciate it if some testers would try out the new features and provide feedback and bug reports. You can download the alpha version here:

http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/roles/files/

I have one more feature that I'd like to add before the final release and I'll add it in before the beta test.

Update 1/25: the original alpha build contained a bug that caused an error in the configuration dialog for people without KaruulAlert loaded. This has been fixed in the new alpha uploaded today.

Update 1/26: uploaded another alpha build to fix an error in non-English versions of the addon.
    Last edited by Zormus; 01-26-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Default 2.0 Beta

Version 2.0 is now available for beta testing. In addition to the alpha features detailed in the previous post, users can now manually assign role icons if they wish. This is useful in cases where the icon you want to use differs from the one that is automatically assigned. There is also a new slash command that lists the items in an equipment set.

Download: http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/roles/files/

Please focus testing on the following areas:
    - Using wardrobe for equipment storage (enhanced mode)
    - Extra information in equipment item tooltips (enhanced mode)
    - New slash commands for loading/saving/listing equipment sets
    - Manually assigning role icons
    - New modifiers [left] and [right] for custom macro text
    - Modifying settings and values in the configuration window

Version 2.0 also includes a number of new phrases that require localization. If you can help with French/German/Russian translations, please visit the localization page.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    Version 2.0 is now available for beta testing. In addition to the alpha features detailed in the previous post, users can now manually assign role icons if they wish. This is useful in cases where the icon you want to use differs from the one that is automatically assigned. There is also a new slash command that lists the items in an equipment set.

Download: http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/roles/files/

Please focus testing on the following areas:
    - Using wardrobe for equipment storage (enhanced mode)
    - Extra information in equipment item tooltips (enhanced mode)
    - New slash commands for loading/saving/listing equipment sets
    - Manually assigning role icons
    - New modifiers [left] and [right] for custom macro text
    - Modifying settings and values in the configuration window

Version 2.0 also includes a number of new phrases that require localization. If you can help with French/German/Russian translations, please visit the localization page.
    Thanks so much for the work you put into this. I'll check out the beta again (had the alpha, but found the enhanced mode ate up a ton of resources) and leave some feedback this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast