+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Default [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Inspired by WoW's Power Auras this is a fully configurable alerting system. Track what you want how you want. Setup alerts for such things as:
    • A debuff you want to keep up on your target
    • Your focus is low on life
    • An ability just came off cooldown
    • You are running low on mana
    • much much more...

You may run across KaruulAlert in class guides for specs. People create alerts and alert sets that you can import in your addon for immediate use.

Download links:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info84-KaruulAlert.html

Quickstart:
    KaruulAlert has a short built-in tutorial that will get you started. You can start it again using /kalert tutorial. Online help is available using /kalert help

Authors:
    Karuul - Original version (retired)
    Thorarin - Since version 1.22

This thread or by email on karuulalert@rift-voice.org

Credits:
    WoW Power Auras crew - Without their amazing addon this would not even have been a thought. Also for allowing use of their sample images.

CÚres guilde BloodLust Brisesol - For providing the French translations for the addon and general help and suggestions along the way.

Valixx - For providing the German translations.

Zveryga, Grey Guard guild - for Russian translation.

Naifu, creator of nkRogue - Who gave me a glimpse of what was possible and inspired me to dive into addon development.

Safe - For creating Safe's Raid Manager as well as the wonderful King Boss Mods.

Imhothar - For creating LibString.

ZorbaTHut - For being around to answer questions even over the weekends.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Default KaruulAlert 1.36.0

KaruulAlert 1.36.0

KaruulAlert now requires Rift 2.2 to function. Completely moving over to the new API will be done over the next few versions, to be ready for Rift 2.4.

Revised the Import/Export functionality of KaruulAlert. This means that alerts and sets exported with this version cannot be read by older versions. For the time being, you will be able to import older alerts into this new version, but support will be dropped in the foreseeable future.
    Unfortunately this change is necessary because 90%+ of all errors will the addon come from alerts that have been garbed in some way by posting them on a forum. The new format should withstand the formatting changes done by forums. It is however, completely unintelligible, apart from the name of the alert. Single alerts will take slightly more space to post, while complete sets should take significantly less space.

Some text fields only allow numeric input now. Hopefully this will not cause too much confusion with people mashing their keyboards while nothing happens

Fixed a display glitch with cooldown timer on the Marksman Bull's Eye ability. Before, it was showing a very large number for cooldown timer until you used a damaging ability.

New export format

Previously, when exporting an alert or a set, you would end up with a "more or less" readable string of text containing a lot of semicolons. Since version 1.36.0, this has been replaced by a new format. Here is an example:

Code:
    KA:Frost Strike:aDSFteNo1TtEKgzAM/JV9gWs3rUqenFrYyx6cexNKXOsokznavPj3awvjDpK
    7hEuAwwjfFXfjMkL3MgQcZPBGkG7zdLiTs28DjexyLgp5KupLWbVtAywtylAZDHYh6JDwOD2uE85
    2tbQr+9w+fnJhNq+ojVpioPIpUDGuMNPaQy1KqEQBeRXJA6Dtb2M/xI4nnFl8528nJeLlHziAOWA
    As you can see, there is not much to make out from this, except the name of the alert (Frost Strike) and a small tag that identifies it as a KaruulAlert import string: KA.

As mentioned in the release notes, this new format should play well with most forum software. Before, it was possible that you received some strange error messages after importing a bad alert or set. With the new format this should no longer be possible.

For the techies amongst you: the data is now a compressed, base64 encoded string. Since base64 encoding does not use any whitespace, extra whitespace can simply be ignored. Also included is a simple checksum, to verify integrity of the data before importing. Lastly it includes a version number for the storage format, for more easily allowing for backward compatibility when needed.

I hope you guys approve of the changes, but feel free to leave any feedback here.
    Last edited by Thorarin; 03-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Shield of Telara

My feedback is simple.

Thank you. Thank you very much for this kick butt addon.

Plane Touched

Just a little question concerning the new import/export format, Is it still compatible with the old format or you need to convert all export data some people posted in forum for guild members ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jobar View Post
    Just a little question concerning the new import/export format, Is it still compatible with the old format or you need to convert all export data some people posted in forum for guild members ?
    The new version can import both formats. It always exports in the new format however.

Rift Disciple

Thank you, for me so far the best add-on for rift

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Latest version still isn't allowing me to edit any variable / text input. It's acting as if i never even clicked the input box.
    Team pls.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Latest version still isn't allowing me to edit any variable / text input. It's acting as if i never even clicked the input box.
    1+ same problem
    Benjiro@Laethys | Main Tank & Officer/Raid Leader for <Seraphim>

Please refer to Thorarin's post in a similar thread;

Quote Originally Posted by Thorarin View Post
    I have been getting a lot of reports of text fields not working in KaruulAlert, but I was unable to reproduce it, until now.

Other addons are also experiencing this same issue. It turns out that it is related to the Global UI Scale option (under Settings - Interface - Display).

If you are experiencing issues with text fields in your addons, turn off global UI scaling until Trion fixes this issue.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khuj View Post
    Please refer to Thorarin's post in a similar thread;
    Yeah, turning off global Ui scaling is a no-go for me. Sure, I can export UI - but when i go to re-import it, addon layouts will normally become all messed up.
    Team pls.

Yeah, turning off global Ui scaling is a no-go for me. Sure, I can export UI - but when i go to re-import it, addon layouts will normally become all messed up.
    I believe Zorba mentioned the problem should be addressed in the next hotfix. I do not know of another way around it, unfortunately.

Odd, I haven't had this issue at all. I use several add-ons, including Karuul Alert.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

I love this addon, my enjoyment of the game would not be the same without it.

A suggestion though, would it be possible to make multiple conditions for abilities? and would it be possible to use other abilities icons?

currently an alert can only be made based on one condition, and the icon that it can use is ONLY its own icon or the prepackaged icons that don't come from in-game sources.

examples:

in my shaman alert set (guide in the cleric forums) - I want to have rage of the north and deep freeze (1 minute cooldowns) only show when the ability frozen wrath is availible (and when rage of the north and deep freeze are availible obviously) which isn't possible with the current system. I currently have it so that deep freeze and frozen wrath are on the upper most layer so that they will show preferentially, because frozen wrath has other priorities to deal with. That isn't the optimal way to use them in a rotation though. If multiple conditions could be assigned to each alert it would be perfect.

Also, right now i have alerts that are being used as multiple "conditions" to other alerts by layering them over top so that when ability A is has less than 6 second remaining on cooldown it will tell you to cast ability C instead of ability B. It works fine for some things but it looks messy because the icons that are shown don't match the ability i want the player to cast because each icon can ONLY be used as the triggering abilities icon which isn't always the ability i want the player to use.

another example of icons, the lowest priority macro i want the player to cast is based off of whether or not a certain buff is on the player. This buff's icon doesn't match with any of the abilities the player has on there bar because its from a talent. I'd like to have the icon show for the ability that matches the icon of the macro the player needs to press but the only options I have are to show the buff's icon or show a completely misc. icon that doesn't match anything.

I would really appreciate either (or both) of these functionalities being added to the addon if you have time

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    A suggestion though, would it be possible to make multiple conditions for abilities? and would it be possible to use other abilities icons?
    Having multiple conditions has been on the wishlist for a long time, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find the time to make the necessary changes so far.

The UI would require some major rework. By itself that would be a good thing, but I haven't figured out a way to do it and not make things even less user friendly than they are now

The only thing you can do right now, is give multiple buff names, separated by commas. It will check for either of those buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Currently an alert can only be made based on one condition, and the icon that it can use is ONLY its own icon or the prepackaged icons that don't come from in-game sources.
    Currently it's not possible through the UI. I'll see if I can add it.

Default KaruulAlert 1.36.1 released

KaruulAlert 1.36.1

Removed debugging output when filtered keys were hit on "number only" text fields. Sorry about that.

Somewhat improved importing of legacy format alerts and sets from forums.

Attempting to import a set as alert or vice versa will now produce an error message telling you to use the right import function.

The "stacks" text field for buffs now only accepts numbers.

Updated LibSRM to version 1.2.6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast