+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    King Boss Mods is the addon you're looking for, that tracks boss encounters

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...boss-mods.html
    He's in Exploit, a guild that competes for world firsts. This means that they're often attempting bosses before KBM is updated for them, and the ability to set up Kalerts to track various abilities is a great kludge for those kinds of situations.

Would it be possible to have a way to track the stacks of a buff/debuff, like having the given icon, and the number of stack on top of it, it could help for some buff/debuff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    Would it be possible to have a way to track the stacks of a buff/debuff, like having the given icon, and the number of stack on top of it, it could help for some buff/debuff.
    In the text box, you can use the keyword {stacks} and it will be replaced with the number of stacks.

I want to monitor the stacks, see how many there, i don't want to have an alert if there's x stacks or more.

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    I want to monitor the stacks, see how many there, i don't want to have an alert if there's x stacks or more.
    That's what he just told you how to do.

Ho, sorry, i was half asleep, thanks for the tip.

Is there any way to get the addon to distinguish between two buffs with the same name and duration? Nightblade's Heat Retention talent gives a stacking buff each time you use a builder, and when you reach 5 stacks, it gives a different buff (also named Heat Retention) that makes your next finisher deal bonus damage and removes all five stacks. The problem is that Karuul Alert confuses the two when they're both active.

In case it matters, the two buffs have different icons and tooltips.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Is there any way to get the addon to distinguish between two buffs with the same name and duration? [...] In case it matters, the two buffs have different icons and tooltips.
    There's currently no way to do that. I once started a rewrite to fix just that, but the ability database grew quite large. I'll have to use a slightly different approach.

It's still on the todo list, but unfortunately my time is limited at the moment.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

What determines the "layers" in which alerts are displayed? There's a few I use where I make a timer for one alert, set the icon's opacity to 0, and overlay it over another alert.

For instance, I have two alerts that show the duration on the crit buff that reduces Serpent Strike's cooldown and the cooldown of the ability itself, both of them overlayed over the ability icon. Usually this works, but sometimes the cooldown alert's timer (which has the icon opacity set to 0) gets stuck "behind" the icon for the other alert.

I've tried opening and re-saving the alerts in different orders and reloading my UI, but they seem to be somewhat unreliable. Is there a good way to force them to do what I want them to? Or am I mostly out of luck? (I know that this is not how the addon is intended to be used, so it's not a huge deal if there's no workaround).
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Telaran

There is actually a Layer setting right above the alert image if you go back and check. Using that, you can ensure any alerts are above or below other alerts as you'd like.

...Wow. I can't believe I never saw that before. Thanks.

Is there a possibility to add "OR" functionality to an alert? For example, let's say I wanted a graphic to display on screen when I have one of three buffs active (think dmg reduction CDs like cov and what not). So if cov was on me it would display the graphic OR if I had scatter the shadows up OR planar refuge. If all three were active at the same time it would display but in general I would like to show a graphic if one of some number of buffs was active on me. Thanks a ton.
    Last edited by cwharland; 04-24-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Is there a possibility to add "OR" functionality to an alert? For example, let's say I wanted a graphic to display on screen when I have one of three buffs active (think dmg reduction CDs like cov and what not). So if cov was on me it would display the graphic OR if I had scatter the shadows up OR planar refuge. If all three were active at the same time it would display but in general I would like to show a graphic if one of some number of buffs was active on me. Thanks a ton.
    And/or functionality would also be really useful for debuff maintenance-- for instance, track if the target is missing CoJ AND Illuminate AND Spotter's Call AND Thorns of Ire.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    If I understand the question correctly, you can already do that by entering the buff names separated by a comma, e.g.,

Pyromancer's Aegis,Pyromancer's Armor

(no space after the comma.) in the buff name box will activate when either of the buffs is present (or in the case where I use it, absent).

Shadowlander

I seem to be having a problem.

I have a bunch of alerts set up to monitor cooldowns, and on occasion a few of them will just stop working. When I open op the menu the alert will still be there, and opening the non working alerts and saving them again seemingly fixes it.

Any idea what the deal is?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast