+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Default KaruulAlert 1.37.0

KaruulAlert 1.37.0

Added support for showing an alert when any interruptible spell is being cast.

Added support for creating alerts related to the number of Planar Charges; they have been added as a new resource type.

Fixed an issue introduced in 1.36.1 where the number of stacks for buff type alerts were not being loaded properly into the text field when editing an existing alert.

KaruulAlert maintainer/co-author (Curse / Rift UI)

Known issues:
    • Because of a new issue with the Rift text fields, you can expect the following problems:
      • Typing in a color value in the text fields will not update the color or the slider positions. Use the sliders until Trion fixes this issue or I can find a workaround.
      • The dialog for moving or copying alerts to other sets does not check for valid input of set/subset numbers. Please be careful to enter a number between 1 and 6 (sets) or 1 and 10 (subsets). Only one of these text fields should be filled at a time, as they are meant to be mutually exclusive.
    • Using the context menu to add {stacks} or {caster} variables to alert texts will always append the variable to the end of the alert text, regardless of cursor position.

A quick question.

I recently disabled karuulalerts to run a couple of things in KBM (just don't like haveing both active at the same time) and, when I reversed the process it acted like Karuul was a fresh install and all of my settings were blanked. However, I also changed shards during this process too, so that may be what reset everything.
    Just want to know what NOT to do in the future...seeing how I now have to go back in and manually reprogram things.
    Beware the Penguin...

It'll be changing shards that did it.

You should be able to retrieve your old settings. Look for the file "KaruulAlert.lua", under your Interface directory.

It will be something like:

Interface/Saved/accountName/shardName/characterName/KaruulAlert.lua

- Log out of RIFT.
    - Pick out this file from your old shard, and copy it to the same place on your new shard.
    - Log back into RIFT.

This should work. I hope

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

What Wildtide said

Thanks...will check when I get home. This will save a lot of time.
    Beware the Penguin...

This turned out a little more complicated, so I wanted to share the folders (in a Win7 environment)
    Libraries>Documents>My Documents>Rift>Interface>Saved>email address>Shard>Toon>SavedVariables
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    This turned out a little more complicated, so I wanted to share the folders (in a Win7 environment)
    Libraries>Documents>My Documents>Rift>Interface>Saved>email address>Shard>Toon>SavedVariables
    The Interface directory is not necessarily in My Documents\Rift, although that is the default nowadays. Older installations probably use the Rift directory itself still, or you can edit rift.cfg to point to another directory. That's why Wildtide only mentioned the directory starting with Interface. Since you managed to install the addons, I guess he thought it would be safe to assume you know where to find it

Default KaruulAlert 1.37.1

A small bugfix release this time. Unfortunately nobody reported the error and I managed to not run into it somehow. It seems the daily error reports were on to something though

KaruulAlert 1.37.1

Fixed a problem with new buff alerts producing an error if you did not fill in the number of stacks. They now default to 1 again.

Removed some obsolete code.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

With the cross shard grouping, being able to track when events pop on different shards has become a prime desire. Is there any way to have Karuul track when a zone event pops on any N/A shard?

Having my chat window filled with tabs or just plain ole having too many chat windows is not my idea of optimal utilization of my monitor screen and since Karuul is so versatile I am hoping this can be used.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    With the cross shard grouping, being able to track when events pop on different shards has become a prime desire. Is there any way to have Karuul track when a zone event pops on any N/A shard?

Having my chat window filled with tabs or just plain ole having too many chat windows is not my idea of optimal utilization of my monitor screen and since Karuul is so versatile I am hoping this can be used.
    Karuuls is only measuring buffs/debuffs and cooldown timers of abilities. I don't think its possible to detect zone events, especially on other shards

Addons do not have access to the chat channels in any way, so even if you could join that many channels somehow, it would not help addons detect events.

The only thing I could imagine was a Conquest Tracker kind of solution, but this is definitely not in KaruulAlert's area of focus.

RIFT Guide Writer

Many raid bosses have a mechanic where they target a non-tank raid members, casts an ability and then switches back to the tank. Would it be possible to make an alert for when your target or your focus is targeting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Many raid bosses have a mechanic where they target a non-tank raid members, casts an ability and then switches back to the tank. Would it be possible to make an alert for when your target or your focus is targeting you?
    World of Warcraft castbar replacement addons would show as part of the castbar who the target was casting the effect on. I'd prefer this rather than an update to Karuul Alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post

King Boss Mods is the addon you're looking for, that tracks boss encounters

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...boss-mods.html

That functionality isn't in it but you could make the suggestion

This addon is only for tracking abilities/buffs/debuffs, usefull for setting up a rotation or notifiying you when you get a debuff
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-20-2013 at 12:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast