+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Soulwalker

Hello I have a problem...

My Kalert was reseted ... How I can found my old kalert ?
    Last edited by Noctume; 01-01-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctume View Post
    Hello I have a problem...

My Kalert was reseted ... How I can found my old kalert ?
    When you say reset what do you mean? Did you transfer your character to another shard? Did you rename your character on the same shard? If so, you'll just need to copy/paste your lua files.

Code:
    RIFT\Interface\Saved\cupcakey@gmail.com\Laethys\Cupcakeyy\SavedVariables
    By default, the addon lua files save under that folder. If you transferred shards, while logged out, you can just copy/paste the SavedVariables from y our previous shard, to the new shard. Same if you renamed your characters.

However, if you completely deleted your Interface folder without backing up anything, there is no way to retrieve your old addon settings.

Default Good Reminder for 2016

Good reminder to schedule those back-ups

Telaran

I noticed a few abilities don't seem to properly recognize their associated icons (arbiter's Storm Front for instance). Is there anyway to save the ability icons so that we can add them in as a custom icon? I'm not really sure why kalert doesn't recognize or update to the correct path.

Sword of Telara

Yes, it seems to be fixable. The problem seems to be that KAlert sticks with the first icon it sees for each ability. I have a few primalist abilities stuck with the placeholder icons they had on PTS originally because of this.

The issue is in the saved data file. Changing this file by hand could potentially be dangerous to your saved alert base - do so at your own risk. If you break it, weird and bad things are likely to happen when you open the game.

There's a safer option too - to edit the alert data instead of the ability data. That way, if you make a backup copy and then mess up, you can restore the alerts without any risk of doing anything harmful to the normal functioning of your addon. There's a downside - if you create any alerts for that ability again, you'll have to do this every time to fix the icon.

For this, we instead edit the character's alert file - RIFT\Interface\Saved\<email>\<shard>\<character>\k Alert.lua. Close the game before editing this. Back up the file first by making a copy, or you might lose all your alert data should things go wrong.

If you control+F for the ability with the wrong icon, you should find the alert for it without too much trouble. The icon line should read something like

Code:
    icon = "Data/\\UI\\texture\\global\\placeholder_icon.dds",
    That's the file for the lovely question mark on the black background. For your storm front example, the line should be:

Code:
    icon = "Data/\\UI\\ability_icons\\purifier_sign_of_faith_b.dds",
    But how to get the icon for other abilities? Easy with a little script to do it for you:

Code:
    local target = Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player.target")
    local ins
    for buffid, v in pairs(Inspect.Buff.List(target)) do
       ins = Inspect.Buff.Detail(target, buffid)
       print(ins.name .. " = " .. ins.icon)
    end
    Or, for more easy copypasta:
    Code:
     /script local target = Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player.target") local  ins for buffid, v in  pairs(Inspect.Buff.List(target)) do ins =  Inspect.Buff.Detail(target, buffid) print(ins.name .. " = " .. ins.icon)  end
    This will list the names of all the buffs on your target and their icon files. If you're going to put these directly into kAlert.lua, make sure you double up all the backslashes like all the other entries there. If you don't, you'll break your file - the first-time KAlert message will pop up next time you open the game. If this happens, exit the game, delete the character's kAlert.lua, copy your backup file, and rename the copy to kAlert.lua. Then everything should be back to how it was before again when you reopen the game.

I suppose the issue could be fixed directly with /script in-game by modifying KAlert's data with the icons from all the buffs so it's saved on normal game shutdown, but I don't particularly want to be responsible for breaking someone else's addon that I haven't taken the time to understand fully. I'm sure a safe script could be made, but there's always a risk that something, somewhere will go wrong as a result of it. At least if you edit only your character's kAlert.lua file rather than the global one, you can back it up and it'll be fine.

Then, we have the dangerous, permanent way. So I'm going to put a spoiler here. IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS, YOU MIGHT MESS UP YOUR KALERT! Do so at your own risk. Just wanted to get that out the way.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Telaran

ooooh! Yes, thanks! I ended up just updating the icon path in the global saved variable. Once in game I just had to resave the kalert and it updated the icon correctly. So much better than the black default icon haha.

Other (safer) option would be using the Custom field when making an alert.

You can use any custom images/icons you have in this folder:
    (default path)
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RIFT\Interface\AddOns\ KaruulAlert\custom\

Just untick "Use Default Image" and type in the image name (for example image.png) in the Custom field.

Of course this requires you to have the actual image you want to use saved on your computer, but in-game screenshot and some cutting should do the trick as well.

Sword of Telara

You can also download every ability icon from Trion's server here.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Hi,
    I tested the new souls on pts and now my kalerts are all coloured in the original colour. Is there any way to rescan all ability to get the current skillskin. The only possible way i know to solve this problem is to change every involved skill description in the addon folder but thats rly annoying.
    Transcendent 9/9 2/2 HM COA 4/4 HM

Hi.

After a BSOD earlier my kalerts are no longer working (got a message saying it looks like you are using it for the first time). I checked my kalert.lua file and it's empty and its been a couple of years since a shard swap so I don't think there is any backup anywhere.

Is there any way of getting them back?

Edit: I added an old kalert.lua file into the proper folder, booted up the game and still the same problem. When I went back to the folder the file had been deleted again. Strange!

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by Wilkoss; 05-04-2016 at 02:52 AM.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Plane Walker

Default Lock up isssue when Alerts are shared

So recently started having issues with Kalerts.

If anyone shares an alert with me, it locks up Rift entirely. It starts by disabling my keyboard in rift, but I'm unable to log out and usually end up totally having to force quit Rift and come back in, and then the shared alert is gone.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    So recently started having issues with Kalerts.

If anyone shares an alert with me, it locks up Rift entirely. It starts by disabling my keyboard in rift, but I'm unable to log out and usually end up totally having to force quit Rift and come back in, and then the shared alert is gone.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
    Just spam Esc few times and should solve it.
    NightmareTide :: Cleared!

Worldadidas@Gelidra

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quick question for anyone...

Does the text input box at the top right of KAlert allow for the input of new lines somehow? Do rather the text saying "{stacks} some text", could I make it do "{stacks}\nCheck Target"?
    --BC

Soulwalker

having an issue with kalerts not saving any of my alerts, they will all be there after I make them, then If I relog or reloadui they disappear, any ideas?

Rift Disciple

Default What's that status of any updates for Kalerts and Legendaries?

I've Neural Prod and Elemental Burst both as Mage Legendaries and can't get either to show as available abilities or they show as always available even when on CD. I know this started as a problem during PTS, but I heard somewhere that the developer was in the process of fixing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast