+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricia View Post
    My Rift crashed and when I logged back into the game Kalert displayed a message that it was the first time that it was being run.
    Basically, all my alerts were erased.
    What file(s) should I backup so I can get the alerts back next time it happens?
    Thx for any help.
    In your RIFT Game folder -> Interface -> Saved -> something@youremail -> Shardname -> Charactername -> SavedVariables

There you'll find a file called kAlert (LUA file), this is the file that got all your alerts saved.

This file is also useful if you move to another shard and need to copy your settings/alerts over. Just keep in mind, the file isn't saved till you log out. So when you do changes to Kalerts, log out before you do backup. If you do a lot of changes to Kalerts, always log out as well. If your game crashes before you log out the normal way, your changes are lost.

Hope that made sense to you

Soulwalker

So, I have currently tried everything I could think of. I deleted and re installed using both manual and curse client install. Karuulalert has given me this error, and I currently have 0 sets. I have tried clicking the next button and everything. I even redid the tutorial like 10 times. I deleted the saved files in my email and all my characters, re installed and still nothing. Please help a brother out.

This is the error i get.

Error: kAlert/tasks.lua:53: kAlert/config.lua:2190: attempt to index field 'alertSet' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    kAlert/tasks.lua:49: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:42>
    In kAlert / unnamed background task
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'error'
    kAlert/tasks.lua:53: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:53>
    [C]: in function 'Dispatch'
    kAlert/tasks.lua:53: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:42>

Soulwalker

It works now. I had to disable KTE2. sorry for re post, wouldn't let me edit my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiovani View Post
    So, I have currently tried everything I could think of. I deleted and re installed using both manual and curse client install. Karuulalert has given me this error, and I currently have 0 sets. I have tried clicking the next button and everything. I even redid the tutorial like 10 times. I deleted the saved files in my email and all my characters, re installed and still nothing. Please help a brother out.

This is the error i get.

Error: kAlert/tasks.lua:53: kAlert/config.lua:2190: attempt to index field 'alertSet' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    kAlert/tasks.lua:49: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:42>
    In kAlert / unnamed background task
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'error'
    kAlert/tasks.lua:53: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:53>
    [C]: in function 'Dispatch'
    kAlert/tasks.lua:53: in function <kAlert/tasks.lua:42>

Soulwalker

I expect the answer to this question is "Yes" but I'm going to ask anyway...

Can I go through C:\Users\[name]\Documents\RIFT\Interface\[email@email.email]\ and remove profiles for characters that I've deleted without breaking KaruulAlert?

Also in the past year or so I changed my e-mail I use for Trion and my old e-mail is still in the ..\RIFT\Interface\Saved directory. Can I delete the directory for my old email without breaking KAlert?

Or is there a better way and/or a method internal to KAlert to clean up unused/deleted profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    I expect the answer to this question is "Yes" but I'm going to ask anyway...

Can I go through C:\Users\[name]\Documents\RIFT\Interface\[email@email.email]\ and remove profiles for characters that I've deleted without breaking KaruulAlert?

Also in the past year or so I changed my e-mail I use for Trion and my old e-mail is still in the ..\RIFT\Interface\Saved directory. Can I delete the directory for my old email without breaking KAlert?

Or is there a better way and/or a method internal to KAlert to clean up unused/deleted profiles?
    Both of those should be perfectly safe to do, considering that you can rename folders in order to transfer alerts to other characters, or copy the folders to move them to other shards.

Worst-case scenario, just make a copy of the folder somewhere else, and in the extremely unlikely event that it breaks anything, you can just replace what you deleted.

Soulwalker

Was wondering if it were possible to have tracking for target of target?

Default Alerts flickering - overload?

Anyone else having the problem that alerts start to flicker randomly after a while of hammering keys, e. g. on a practice dummy? Especially tracking of abilities ready/on CD seems to suffer after a while.

Maybe some kind of (event) buffer overflow is causing this, i. e. you really need to spam buttons in order to produce the weird behavior.

Edit: That flickering is caused by abilities becoming "unusable" due to out-of-mana, out-of-energy, ...
    Sadly "Inspect.Abilitity.New...unusable" doesn't reveal anything about the reason so it's not possible to distinguish between a more or less global alert condidtion (OOM, ...) and a specific condition (ability on CD).

Anyway, while I was at it, I've changed my copy of "kAlert-1.39.2" as follows
    • main.lua: Add an extra set (at rolesMax + 1) that's supposed to stay empty and can be used to toggle kAlert on/off. This basically allows all alerts to be active in & out of combat and use a keypress (macro: kAlert set=toggle) to switch it on/off globally (see below)
    • main.lua: New command line option (set=toggle) to switch between the extra (empty) set and the set corresponding to the current role (set=auto)
    • main.lua: Automatically switch to "set=auto" when entering combat
    • main.lua: Set the default for "showObjects" to true when tracking a missing buff, so that the alert is shown when having no target, focus, pet, ...
    • main.lua: Handle "outOfRange" like "unusable" for abilities
    • init.lua: Maximum number of possible screenObjects increased from 40 to 100

Edit2:
    • main.lua: Addressed the problem that pet buff alerts are not automatically initialized when summoning a pet (only after targeting it)

I gladly share the patch, if somebody is interested. Just PM me.
    Cheers
    Last edited by necropola; 03-05-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Further hacking the code ...

Soulwalker

Default Sin Bleeds Not Showing On Target in PVP (Puncture, Impale, Jagged Strike)

My assassin kalerts work fine in PVE but not in PVP. For example, if I use puncture, impale, or jagged strike on a PVE boss or target the bleeds and their timers show up properly. However, against other players these debuffs either don't show up at all or will only show up after ~10 seconds into the fight. In other words, the DOTS are not showing up immediately after application. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by Murieron; 03-12-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Question :
    Is there a macro or short-way to switch between sets ?
    Like i am in heal spec with set 1 alerts and wanna switch to dps spec and go to set 2 alerts without doing it manually !
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Question :
    Is there a macro or short-way to switch between sets ?
    Like i am in heal spec with set 1 alerts and wanna switch to dps spec and go to set 2 alerts without doing it manually !
    /kalert set=2

This macro will do it:

Code:
    role 2
    kalert set=2
    and so on for all your roles.

You could also install the Addon "Roles". It lets you switch your roles and automatically switches your karuul set, loadequip, wardrobe, ... whatever you configure.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    /kalert set=2

This macro will do it:

Code:
    role 2
    kalert set=2
    and so on for all your roles.

You could also install the Addon "Roles". It lets you switch your roles and automatically switches your karuul set, loadequip, wardrobe, ... whatever you configure.
    You can also set KAlert to auto change when you swap roles, you just need to associate the role with the relevant kalert set, or vice versa.

So role 1=set 1, role 2=set 2, etc...

Code:
    /kalert set=auto
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Soulwalker

Default Kalert Timers

I'm still fairly new to using kalerts but on some videos I've seen the players kalert with opacity set at 100 and the timer looks like it is in bold. Right now I am having to turn my opacity settings on alerts to make the timer look like it is popping out more.

Is there a setting that I am missing, or is this the way I must do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarrokk View Post
    I'm still fairly new to using kalerts but on some videos I've seen the players kalert with opacity set at 100 and the timer looks like it is in bold. Right now I am having to turn my opacity settings on alerts to make the timer look like it is popping out more.

Is there a setting that I am missing, or is this the way I must do it?

Thanks
    You should link some of the videos because I know some players are utilizing Gadgets + Gadgets: Buffs for stuff now.

But if it IS Kalert: File > General Configuration

From there you can change the text and counter effects from none, shadow, outline, and shadow w/ outline.

Soulwalker

You should link some of the videos because I know some players are utilizing Gadgets + Gadgets: Buffs for stuff now.

But if it IS Kalert: File > General Configuration

From there you can change the text and counter effects from none, shadow, outline, and shadow w/ outline.
    Thank you very much.

How to use KaruulAlert for actionbar cooldowns

Also, if you want to see 3min cooldown like "3m" and not like "180" then you can add this code
    in main.lua after 760 line
    Code:
    		-- Marksman Bull's Eye ability reports a really long cooldown before a DPS skill is used. It looks silly.
    		--[[if value >= 0 and value < 100000 then
    			object.counter:SetText(tostring(math.floor(value)))
    		else
    			object.counter:SetText("")
    		end]]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    								if timerValue <= 0 then
    									value = 0
    								elseif timerValue < 60 then
    									--value = math.floor(value) .. "s"
    									object.counter:SetText(tostring(math.floor(value)))
    								elseif timerValue < 3600 then
    									value = math.floor(value / 60) .. "m"
    									object.counter:SetText(tostring(value))
    								elseif timerValue > 3600 and timerValue < 7200  then
    									value = "1h"
    								elseif timerValue > 7200 and timerValue < 10800  then
    									value = "2h"
    								elseif timerValue > 10800 and timerValue < 14400  then
    									value = "3h"
    								elseif timerValue > 14400 and timerValue < 18000  then
    									value = "4h"
    								elseif timerValue > 18000 and timerValue < 21600  then
    									value = "5h"
    								end
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or download this

Last edited by Lifeismystery; 06-28-2015 at 04:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast