+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

You could try enabling the KAlert scanner. While it scans, it learns any new abilities it hasn't seen before.

Soulwalker

Default karuul bug

Hey, cba reading 15 pages , so Im not sure if anyone has mentioned /discussed this earlier here, but I have a bug with Karuul that is very annoying and I have no idea how to fix it !
    Thing is that I had made few alerts in past and kind of forgot to save them by relogging / closing-reopening client and when my game crashed as it does usually for some reason , all my alerts were gone. But that's not the problem , that's my own fault for being forgetful, tho when I made new alert again with the same buffs /proccs etc, it never showed up on my UI even tho the buff were definetly up , i was in combat etc . I have tried to /reloadui , relog, delete alert and make new one , but still nothing .. So is there anyone around that knows how to fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quexter View Post
    Hey, cba reading 15 pages , so Im not sure if anyone has mentioned /discussed this earlier here, but I have a bug with Karuul that is very annoying and I have no idea how to fix it !
    Thing is that I had made few alerts in past and kind of forgot to save them by relogging / closing-reopening client and when my game crashed as it does usually for some reason , all my alerts were gone. But that's not the problem , that's my own fault for being forgetful, tho when I made new alert again with the same buffs /proccs etc, it never showed up on my UI even tho the buff were definetly up , i was in combat etc . I have tried to /reloadui , relog, delete alert and make new one , but still nothing .. So is there anyone around that knows how to fix it ?
    It sounds like you have the alert set up wrong. Since you haven't said what the alert is for, you'll have to play around with the options until you find the right one.

Double-check whether you're picking the right category for it-- Buff, Resource, Casting, Ability, etc. Try changing the options for when it shows up. Check to see if it's on a part of your screen that you don't expect-- do this by using the "Edit layout" option from within KaruulAlert. If you're trying to track the result of an ability you use, rather than the ability itself, be sure you've used the right name-- the name of the "buff" from an ability isn't always the same as the name of the ability.

Basically, without noting the specific alert you're having trouble with, all we can tell you is to play around until you get the right combination of boxes checked, etc.

Default Isn't there a more recent update?

I was looking at the KaruulAlert addon, but then noticed it was last updated last year .... Updated 26 October 2013 to based upon the date listed here: http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert

So is there any information on who updates this and if they have done a recent update for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I was looking at the KaruulAlert addon, but then noticed it was last updated last year .... Updated 26 October 2013 to based upon the date listed here: http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert

So is there any information on who updates this and if they have done a recent update for this?

Thanks
    Well, you could read the first post... ;)

As for updates, this addon doesn't need to be updated every time the game is updated. The main updates have been to get rid of certain bugs, as far as I can see. Regardless, it's probably one of the most-used addons in Rift, so if you're hesitating, I would recommend going ahead and installing it.
    Last edited by R0NlN; 08-17-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Feature Request (if non-existent)

I don't think this is possible, but it might be nice:

Is there a way to have an alert pop up (image, or whatever) that's based on whether a certain grouping of buffs is up?

I guess the best example is in pseudocode (using archon/bard versions):

if Flaring Power is Active and Orchestra is Active and Illuminate is Active and Crumbling Resistance is Active and Wild Growth is Active Then

Popup.Image PewPewPew.jpg at location x,y

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post

Is there a way to have an alert pop up (image, or whatever) that's based on whether a certain grouping of buffs is up?

if Flaring Power is Active and Orchestra is Active and Illuminate is Active and Crumbling Resistance is Active and Wild Growth is Active Then

Don't think separating with a comma would help, since the comma acts like an "OR", almost need a semi colon to act like an 'AND', but that may not be possible, since Kalert seems to always work on one condition being true. Even with the OR (comma) it's still only evaluating one buff at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post

I find it more useful to know when a buff is missing. Therefore you can create an alert for each buff you are interested in and place them in the same location. If something is showing there that means something is missing.

Any plan on adding a docking feature ?

Or a grid layout system ?

Is it easily done or would it require a lot of work ?

Telaran

I created an alert to check whether one of two abilities was ready, specifically Massive Blow and Combined Effort. I placed the two abilities in the same box, separated by a comma. When I tried to save, it said "Alert failed to add - item not found". If I change the click-box to "Buff", it doesn't give me the error, but that obviously doesn't help since neither of those abilities are buffs.

some alerts dont show up sometimes.
    as exemple i got wavelength alert showing up like 75% time when used. and have to track it on my barre (25% time).
    i get also this issue on raid when an alert about a mecanic dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornad View Post
    some alerts dont show up sometimes.
    as exemple i got wavelength alert showing up like 75% time when used. and have to track it on my barre (25% time).
    i get also this issue on raid when an alert about a mecanic dont work.
    Self buffs have an occasional problem when you zone, rez or first log in and don't initialize correctly. To remedy it, always hit F1 (or whatever your keybind is to target yourself) to target yourself. This has the effect of re-initializing them and they will appear. This bug has been around for years now.
    Last edited by Zazen; 11-19-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Self buffs have an occasional problem when you zone, rez or first log in and don't initialize correctly. To remedy it, always hit F1 (or whatever your keybind is to target yourself) to target yourself. This has the effect of re-initializing them and they will appear. This bug has been around for years now.
    Always happens to me if I die and get rezzed on my Ranger. Thanks for letting me know how to fix it up.

Soulwalker

Nevermind found it out.
    Last edited by Jiinxs; 12-17-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Soulwalker

My Rift crashed and when I logged back into the game Kalert displayed a message that it was the first time that it was being run.
    Basically, all my alerts were erased.
    What file(s) should I backup so I can get the alerts back next time it happens?
    Thx for any help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast