+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [Addon] KaruulAlert - Karuul's Alerting System

Would it be possible to increase the kalerts limit in a subset? I track my role specific alerts in the sets, and use subset 1 for everything that's shared. I use KAlerts for everything, and with tracking raid buffs / debuffs / consumables / boss mechanics I'm sitting at 35 kalerts in subset 1, and that's after removing many of the old bosses already. Alternatively perhaps it would be possible to activate multiple subsets together at the same time, so that I could arrange subset=1 as consumables, subset=2 buffs and debuffs, subset=3 boss mechanics etc.

Another thing, would it be possible to display a KAlert if any of a list of buffs is about to wear off? I want to have an alert on my screen if I'm missing any of my role specific buffs, and the only way to do that ATM would be to create a 'missing' alert for each buff with a warning. If I create a 'missing' alert for a list of buffs separated by a comma then once any of the buffs is present the alert goes away.
    Last edited by Darkranger; 07-26-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of sword-play.

Telaran

open init.lua file and locate this part:

Code:
    screenObjects =
    	{
    		object = nil,
    		objectCount = 0,
    		max = <nombre souhaité>,
    		buffUnits = {},
    		resourceList = {},
    		buffList = {}
    	},
    change the max value to increase the number of alerts

Quote Originally Posted by lupercal16 View Post
    open init.lua file and locate this part:

Code:
    screenObjects =
    	{
    		object = nil,
    		objectCount = 0,
    		max = <nombre souhaité>,
    		buffUnits = {},
    		resourceList = {},
    		buffList = {}
    	},
    change the max value to increase the number of alerts
    Didn't know this, thank you! Is there a "safe" max limit or is it possible to add as many as you want? Also, would changing the kAlert.rolesMax = 6 part add more sets, and if not, is it possible to add more sets?
    Last edited by echoesofeternity; 07-26-2014 at 11:05 AM.

I am not sure why, but yesterday when our group ran FT, the "Run.." alert never popped up on the screen as it was supposed to. Half of the group saw it but a few of us who had the alert set exactly the same, did not get it.

There might be something buggy about why but when your healer usually sees it, then it does not pop for her, she dies because she did not start moving soon enough, that is problematic.

After that happened, our leader, who had King Boss mod loaded, just called out the different alerts as they popped for him. So we managed to finish that boss to move on to the twins.

In my testing for my setup it actually showed up on my screen but not in the run. I am not sure why.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 08-04-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    In my testing for my setup it actually showed up on my screen but not in the run. I am not sure why.
    Nobody knows why. Sometimes certain alerts stop working just to work as intended a few seconds later. Or after you died or went through a portal (e.g. IG Boss 1) some alerts stop working or when you use the port onto the platforms in P2 Volan and use Slip Away, my alerts stop to work. It's just a huge mistery, why it sometimes works and why not ;)
    Try to use /reloadui before an encounter, this seem to help in most cases.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Default Alert sets disappear when transferring shards

I have a question that I haven't found the answer to (without reading through all the many pages here). So I'm hoping someone can explain it to me.

When I transfer to a new shard, my alert sets disappear for that character, and I have to build them over from scratch. Question: is there a workaround for this?

I'm pretty sure there has to be one, but I don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NlN View Post
    I have a question that I haven't found the answer to (without reading through all the many pages here). So I'm hoping someone can explain it to me.

When I transfer to a new shard, my alert sets disappear for that character, and I have to build them over from scratch. Question: is there a workaround for this?

I'm pretty sure there has to be one, but I don't know what it is.
    I think you need copy \RIFT\Interface\Saved\Your@account\Your@shard\Your @name\SavedVariables\kalert.lua to \RIFT\Interface\Saved\Your@account\Another@shard\Y our@name\SavedVariables\

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    I think you need copy \RIFT\Interface\Saved\Your@account\Your@shard\Your @name\SavedVariables\kalert.lua to \RIFT\Interface\Saved\Your@account\Another@shard\Y our@name\SavedVariables\
    This seems like a lot of trouble now that we can hop shards during Rift runs, catching up with various Volan spawns, follow IA and multiple other things that automatically port you to another shard for an event.

Is it possible for Trion to fix this so that the add on devs don't have to find work arounds for simple things that should work with your account, regardless of what shard you hopped to?

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    This seems like a lot of trouble now that we can hop shards during Rift runs, catching up with various Volan spawns, follow IA and multiple other things that automatically port you to another shard for an event.

Is it possible for Trion to fix this so that the add on devs don't have to find work arounds for simple things that should work with your account, regardless of what shard you hopped to?
    Transferring to a different shard and shard hopping are 2 different things.

When you transfer, yes you will need to copy over your addon saved files.

When you shard hop, you should not need to move any files.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Nobody knows why. Sometimes certain alerts stop working just to work as intended a few seconds later. Or after you died or went through a portal (e.g. IG Boss 1) some alerts stop working or when you use the port onto the platforms in P2 Volan and use Slip Away, my alerts stop to work. It's just a huge mistery, why it sometimes works and why not ;)
    Try to use /reloadui before an encounter, this seem to help in most cases.
    Any time you get rez'd, zone or log in, Karuul Alert can have a problem with personal alerts, i.e., those monitoring effects on the player unit. This bug has existed for as long as I can remember.

To fix this, simply press F1 to target yourself. This works 100% of the time for me. Reloadui should not be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    Thank you, this will save me a lot of trouble in the future!

Telaran

I encounter some issues with my karuul alert addon on BoB: Akylios and BoB: greenscale

I'm TOTALLY unable to set alerts for somes abilities of that bosses.
    example: Akylios breath Ruthless Undertow, Greenscale Aoe Venom cloud and some others.

i've reset my karuul alert, redownloaded it and set up from scratch but nothing was working.
    Any ideas or clues to repair it? Maybe the problem is Trion have recycled boss and this abilities can't appear beacause the selected boss is the level 50 boss and not the 60? don't know exactly how it work...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lupercal16 View Post
    I encounter some issues with my karuul alert addon on BoB: Akylios and BoB: greenscale

I'm TOTALLY unable to set alerts for somes abilities of that bosses.
    example: Akylios breath Ruthless Undertow, Greenscale Aoe Venom cloud and some others.

i've reset my karuul alert, redownloaded it and set up from scratch but nothing was working.
    Any ideas or clues to repair it? Maybe the problem is Trion have recycled boss and this abilities can't appear beacause the selected boss is the level 50 boss and not the 60? don't know exactly how it work...
    Hi,

are you sure that you are setting it up correctly? Alerts for casted abilities are not configured the same way as buff / debuff alerts. You have to select type "casting" and type full name of ability, then pick a picture (add some custom text). Also keep in mind that such alert will work only if you have entity which is casting ability in target or in focus target (depending on setup of alert). I have alert for greenscale's aoe ability, which is working, so in case you are not able to set it up, let me know (Dynalon@Zaviel), I can try to share my alert with you (it should work, since you are from Briesol).

Telaran

the problem is not the setup of the alert. the boss ability is simply not known by karuul...
    i mean, when i start to enter "nuage de venin" (french translation), karuul doesn't know this ability in his dictionnary. same with "Reflux impitoyable" (ruthless undertow).
    i've tried to enter it entirely but karuul tell me "unknown object"

i experience the same problem with KBM. Abilities are correctly setup in the file, with upper and lower case but not recognized

Rift Disciple

Thats what I meant when I said that you have to set it up in a different way than a buff. Karuul doesn't know names of casted abilities and doesn't keep database of these abilities, he keeps only database of buffs and debuffs (and of abilities you can use).
    There is checkbox where you select type of alert, it is either "buff" or "resource" or "ability" or "casting", default is buff so try to select "casting" and type full ability name in there, Karuul wont give you any hints since he doesn't keep database of casted abilities, but it should work. You can test it on yourself, make an alert which pops if target casts ability and target yourself and start casting that ability.
    If you still can't figure it out I should be online in about 2 hours so PM ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast