+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [ADDON] Carnage Book

Shadowlander

Default [ADDON] Carnage Book

A pretty basic addon (No GUI) that compares completed and open carnage quests against those listed in the quests discovery database and prints out which ones haven't been started yet.

Usage:

/carnage
    Will list out missing carnage quests based on your current zone

/carnage Zone Name
    Will list out missing carnage quests for the given zone

Example:

/carnage Eastern Holdings
    16:05:55: [Carnage Book] Printing out missing carnages for 'Eastern Holdings'
    16:05:55: [Carnage Book] Carnage: Scourgeclaw (Kill Scourgeclaw in Auroboros Woods)
    16:05:55: [Carnage Book] Carnage: Lastro (Kill Lastro in Western Commons)
    16:05:55: [Carnage Book] Carnage: Karlent (Kill Karlent in Strozza Estate)

Currently available for download from Curse

Edit: Changed slash command from /cb to /carnage to match version 1.2

Edit: Version 1.4 has a new Carnage for Steppes of Infinity manually added to it to bring the total for the zone up to 39.
    Last edited by Ivnedar; 11-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Plane Touched

Could you tell me what info you need in order to translate it to work in french version too

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jobar View Post
    Could you tell me what info you need in order to translate it to work in french version too
    For basic tracking of quests, it should work already as it's going off the internal IDs.

I can get it to output the quest names and summaries in French and German easily enough if that's what you're after. They're provided in the discovery file.

I'll upload version 1.1 that'll support French/German quest names and summaries. As far as I can tell, zone names are the same across languages?

Plane Touched

Some zone name does differ a bit from english from the french version so i was unable to get anything type /cb in a zone i'm missing some carnage.

Since you track id it should work but you may need zone name and quest name in french and german to complete it.

Edit: Since you're working on this addon it would be nice if for exact quest id you should provide map location of them.
    Last edited by Jobar; 11-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Shadowlander

Some zone name does differ a bit from english from the french version so i was unable to get anything type /cb in a zone i'm missing some carnage.

Since you track id it should work but you may need zone name and quest name in french and german to complete it.
    Since the discovery data uses English zone names for all its quests, I've added a bit of initialisation code that'll build up a cache of local language zone names to english zone names so I can map it internally.

I'm testing it now after setting my language to French, so should have a new version up soon.

Edit: Since you're working on this addon it would be nice if for exact quest id you should provide map location of them.
    There's no easy way to get and maintain this information, so I wasn't planning on doing it. The quest summary that's printed out with it often tells you the area to go to anyway.

Shadowlander

It looks like I'll have to change the slash command this addon uses to support French. From what I can tell, /cb is already used.

As of 1.2, it will use /carnage instead and should work for French and German game clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnedar View Post
    It looks like I'll have to change the slash command this addon uses to support French. From what I can tell, /cb is already used.

As of 1.2, it will use /carnage instead and should work for French and German game clients.
    I can find it on Curse, but it wont download via Curse client. :\

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I can find it on Curse, but it wont download via Curse client. :\
    Edit: It's listed now. Apparently Curse client won't show addons that are only listed for Rift 2.0
    Last edited by Ivnedar; 11-26-2012 at 05:45 AM.

This is a epic add-on. Was stuck on 24/26 in Eastern Holdings since I couldn't find the last 2 mobs or 3 named mobs I needed, but was able to find them since you list what we are missing and what area's in the zone they are in.

Thank you for making this add-on.

This is a user error, but I'll still put it down for others to see.

One problem I had with the add-on was I didn't know I had to capitalize the first letter of each name. Saw that Zone Name was in cap's in the description, but didn't think the zones themselves had to be too (got EH to go through after the 3rd try, lol).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dcrago View Post
    This is a user error, but I'll still put it down for others to see.

One problem I had with the add-on was I didn't know I had to capitalize the first letter of each name. Saw that Zone Name was in cap's in the description, but didn't think the zones themselves had to be too (got EH to go through after the 3rd try, lol).
    Updated it to look up the zone ignoring case. Hopefully it works in French/German too. Change is in 1.3

Can you please make a version of this for regular quests. Im missing one in so many zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphrina View Post
    Can you please make a version of this for regular quests. Im missing one in so many zones.
    +1 To this.

If you cannot then I would still like to thank you for this amazing add-on. Last night I completed 3 carnage achievements where I was missing one or two carnage quests.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

This is one hell of an awesome addon here! I do love it!

Now only if the API (at last check) supported dynamic maps in its own windows!
    Team pls.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphrina View Post
    I'm looking into how to do this cleanly at the moment.

The nice thing about the carnage quests is that they all have Carnage: in the title, are of type Carnage amd have one objective that's usually descriptive enough to lead you to it. Everyone can do them all, no filtering based on faction, quest chain lead in, etc.

I've got a short python script that converts the Quests.xml discovery file into the CarnageData.lua file without any manual fiddling with it needed (other than adding the missing Steppes quest until it's in the discovery file next week)

Extending it for all quests means working out which of the three quests with the same name you may be elligible for, so a guardian doesn't see a defiant quest as missing, etc. At this point, the results would need more investigation from the player on sites like zam. If providing a cut down list of possible missing quests, for further investigation, is something people want, I could probably release it as is, on the understand that it's far from clean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast