+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [ADDON] Carnage Book

Quote Originally Posted by Ivnedar View Post
    I'm looking into how to do this cleanly at the moment.

The nice thing about the carnage quests is that they all have Carnage: in the title, are of type Carnage amd have one objective that's usually descriptive enough to lead you to it. Everyone can do them all, no filtering based on faction, quest chain lead in, etc.

I've got a short python script that converts the Quests.xml discovery file into the CarnageData.lua file without any manual fiddling with it needed (other than adding the missing Steppes quest until it's in the discovery file next week)

Extending it for all quests means working out which of the three quests with the same name you may be elligible for, so a guardian doesn't see a defiant quest as missing, etc. At this point, the results would need more investigation from the player on sites like zam. If providing a cut down list of possible missing quests, for further investigation, is something people want, I could probably release it as is, on the understand that it's far from clean.
    unless you include the quest giver coordinates then players will have to go onto sites like zam to find out where to get the quest once they know the name of the one they are missing anyways. so it should be fine to release it with the understanding that gaurdians will show defiant quests etc. because no matter what players will have to check with zam (unless all the details are within the quest.xml and i'm mistaken)

on a side note, I'd be very interested to take a look at that python script, its relevant to my intrests regarding parsing the Items.xml into my tanking spreadsheet

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    on a side note, I'd be very interested to take a look at that python script, its relevant to my intrests regarding parsing the Items.xml into my tanking spreadsheet
    September Monthly Gizmos had a quest list type gadget and I still have the c# code used to parse the Quests.xml file in my old computer. If you want it tell me and I'll try to upload it somewhere this weekend.

I love you for this App, it is most awesome.

Again, thank you!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Thank you so much for this addon! Much appreciated!
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Plane Touched

Here you have a link to the source code of Monthly Gizmos Sep.12's Quest List parser. Hope it helps you.

It's written in C# targetting framework 4.0, but I believe it should work on framework 3.5 too. Quests.xml and NPCs.xml files from the FTP Discoveries file are needed in the same folder than the executable.

I'm glad to see a lot of new addons since SL release, and hope you continue your great work and develop Carnage Book into the reference quest addon for RIFT.

rift.magelo.com has the starting and ending NPC for each quest in a given zone. So as long as we know which quests we've done, we can then go through those lists and figure out where to start looking and go from there.

I'm sure that I'm one of many that's done random quests and continued straight to 60. Now I'm back tracking to complete everything so that i can log on and do my dailies then go farm what little rep i have left and farm mats for crafting the crap i waste and finish out the night working on my dimension.

Shadowlander

Default 2.3 Update

The Dendrome zone carnages added.

Carnage Book will also output to a chat window named "Carnage Book" if it exists, otherwise it will keep on using the General window.

Download links: Curse RiftUI

Soulwalker

For some reason my carnage book outputs that i have 3 current quests for Ashora when I do not have any. I think it's because i dropped a couple to make room for Dendrome ones. According to quest finder there are 29 total carnages and carnage book now says there are 32. This is after i picked up the quests again. Is there a way to reset this?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Happs View Post
    For some reason my carnage book outputs that i have 3 current quests for Ashora when I do not have any. I think it's because i dropped a couple to make room for Dendrome ones. According to quest finder there are 29 total carnages and carnage book now says there are 32. This is after i picked up the quests again. Is there a way to reset this?
    I'll double check, but the three missing ones are probably the 3 in Biofoundry that are both carnages and repeatable. They don't count towards the zone achievement, so I'll remove them if that's the case.

Shadowlander

Default Updated for newer carnages

Updated to include carnages for:
    * Ember Isle
    * Freemarch
    * Gloamwood
    * Silverwood
    * Stonefield

Database updated to be divided into "scene" for each carnage to provide a better grouping and indication on where they are within a zone. Scene data is only available in English at this point, so that's what is printed out for German/French.

Xly
    Telaran

Necro!

Any chance this could get updated for Vostigar? I'm missing one Carnage and can't find it

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Necro!

Any chance this could get updated for Vostigar? I'm missing one Carnage and can't find it
    I just wanted to update it for myself but then I had to notice that the rift discovery file currently available for the quests does not include the new zone. So, as long as nobody went through the effort adding the carnage quests as he/she went through them there is no way to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by RePyH View Post
    I just wanted to update it for myself but then I had to notice that the rift discovery file currently available for the quests does not include the new zone. So, as long as nobody went through the effort adding the carnage quests as he/she went through them there is no way to update it.
    awww that's a bummer.. that was such a fantastic addon I hope it does get updated at some point
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

https://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/completionist

Seems to have most if not all of 4.x zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Meebsy View Post
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/completionist

Seems to have most if not all of 4.x zones.
    The Vostigar Peaks data has still not been provided by Trion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2