+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Addon] Easy Mail

Default [Addon] Easy Mail

Easy Mail is designed to be a complete replacement for the default mail window.

You can download this addon on both RiftUI and Curse. It is not currently in the Curse Client, but should be in a few days.

This is the first public release. At this point the Majority of the functionality is available, though a few features are still unfinished.

The Inbox provides some additional functionality to allow interaction with multiple messages at one. This currently includes Deleting selected or all messages, and taking attachments from selected or all messages. I will also be adding the ability to return selected messages.

By default when you take from a CoD message (these are blue in color) it will pay the CoD and then take the item.

The Send tab currently does not support attachments, though it can send plat.

If you experience any problems or errors please feel free to post them on this thread or by submitting a ticket on the projects Curse Forge Ticket site.

Known Issues:
    Messages sorted will 'unsort' after any update.
    Marked take selected does not delete that message from inbox all the time.
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 10-17-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    By default when you take from a CoD message (these are blue in color) it will pay the CoD and then take the item.
    I have never taken an COD but I can tell you that this point is bad. Just plain bad on so many griefable/exploitable/scamable levels.

Here's a thing, does it allow you to 'Take all attachment monies'? Especially from auctions sold? I get both auctions sold and auctions expired. Sometimes I rather just take the money while leaving the expired items alone (bag space). I cannot do that without manually clicking on the money mails when my inbox is mixed.

When you scroll, highlighted mails do not scroll with the window.
    Delete message prompt is behind other (especially easy mail) window.
    Delete marked mail causes watchdog error.
    Any mouseover on deleted mail shows error. (Relogging fixes)
    Messages sorted will 'unsort' after any update. Does not seem random as messages are still clumped together. It may be going back to Rift's mailbox ordering.
    Marked take selected does not delete that message from inbox all the time. Maybe 10% of the take attachements emails remain in the inbox after taking them. Looks to be a speed/timing issue.

May just be my mailbox. I routinely have hundreds of items in my mailbox. Mailbox full many times (but it wasn't for the above tests).

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I have never taken an COD but I can tell you that this point is bad. Just plain bad on so many griefable/exploitable/scamable levels.
    I didn't think this would be an issue for most people as the CoD messages are clearly marked, but I will look at putting an option to verify with a popup first.

Here's a thing, does it allow you to 'Take all attachment monies'? Especially from auctions sold? I get both auctions sold and auctions expired. Sometimes I rather just take the money while leaving the expired items alone (bag space). I cannot do that without manually clicking on the money mails when my inbox is mixed.
    This is a good idea and I will definitely include it, though I'm not sure how at this point. The main problem here is that the game doesn't actually differentiate between an item and coin in a message (they are both considered items).

When you scroll, highlighted mails do not scroll with the window.
    This is an issue I was already aware of and is proving to be very stubborn to work out, but I haven't forgotten about it. In my own testing the problem only results when you have neighboring messages highlighted, let me know if this is what you are seeing as well.

Delete message prompt is behind other (especially easy mail) window.
    Easy fix, will be in v0.1.1, which should be released in the next day or so.

Delete marked mail causes watchdog error.
    Can you get me more information on this, especially the the error message. Also a rough idea of the number of messages you were trying to delete.

Any mouseover on deleted mail shows error. (Relogging fixes)
    Did this happen with messages that you manually deleted or ones that were automatically deleted after taking an item from it?

Messages sorted will 'unsort' after any update. Does not seem random as messages are still clumped together. It may be going back to Rift's mailbox ordering.
    By default the messages are sorted by the expiration date, in most cases this is 30 days after the message was received. I should be able to set it up to save how the user set it to sort, so that should be in v0.1.1.

Marked take selected does not delete that message from inbox all the time. Maybe 10% of the take attachements emails remain in the inbox after taking them. Looks to be a speed/timing issue.
    This is actually an issue that I have seen as well, I'm already looking at a couple of different ideas on how to clean these up.

May just be my mailbox. I routinely have hundreds of items in my mailbox. Mailbox full many times (but it wasn't for the above tests).
    Last edited by Noshei; 07-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    This is a good idea and I will definitely include it, though I'm not sure how at this point. The main problem here is that the game doesn't actually differentiate between an item and coin in a message (they are both considered items).
    Inspect.Item.Detail() is your friend. The table returned from coin attachments is different than for items. I remember them to lack the "type" member and maybe even "name" and "icon", but I'm not sure on that right now.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    Inspect.Item.Detail() is your friend. The table returned from coin attachments is different than for items. I remember them to lack the "type" member and maybe even "name" and "icon", but I'm not sure on that right now.
    The tough part though is that I can't do that until I have opened the message, and then I also have to consider messages that have both coin and items. I think I should be able to do it, but I need to get a settings UI put together as well as everything else that goes with that.

Version v0.1.1
    Updated Send tab to correctly display your money
    Moved all Utility functions to emUtility.lua
    Set the Popup messages layer higher than the Mail Window so it will always be on top
    Added in measures to ensure the UI is created before EM.Mail.Populate() is called
    Fixed scrolling with messages highlighted
    Corrected typo in nkGenie/grid.lua
    Updated functions for inbox buttons to properly remove highlight

Plane Touched

Noshei,

I took a look at Easymail yesterday and it looks pretty good. Just wondering if you have any plan on allowing localization for it for other language as french and german may like it too in their own language.

Champion of Telara

I haven't tried new version yet.

Couldn't you determine by the subject? I'm assuming that info available before actually opening the mail. At least the ones that says 'Auction Sold for...' from the AH should be coins. That would reduce alot of the mail clutter even if it's unable to get messages from people who send coins it will still be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobar View Post
    Noshei,

I took a look at Easymail yesterday and it looks pretty good. Just wondering if you have any plan on allowing localization for it for other language as french and german may like it too in their own language.
    I do plan on adding localization, I just haven't gotten into it just yet. When you look at messages in the regular mail window does it display them in your localized language or do they display in english?

I haven't tried new version yet.

Couldn't you determine by the subject? I'm assuming that info available before actually opening the mail. At least the ones that says 'Auction Sold for...' from the AH should be coins. That would reduce alot of the mail clutter even if it's unable to get messages from people who send coins it will still be helpful.
    Thats basically what I was already thinking.

Looks like there are some compatibility issues with xmacros. I'll look into this.

Version v0.1.3
    Updated grid scrollbats to use RiftScrollBar over nkScrollBox
    Broke emDisplay into seperate files for each Tab (Inbox, Send)
    Modifications to prevent conflict with XMacros

This should also fix conflicts with any of the nk Addons.

Plane Touched

Could it be possible to attach 6 items like it's by default mail system ?

And checking on message in easymail everything seems to be in english, waiting for a way to localize it now
    Last edited by Jobar; 07-31-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Version v0.1.4
    • Added attachment capabilities (drag/drop only)
      • Unlimited attachments for sending items
      • 6 Max attachments for COD
    • Added Initial UI elements for Archieve and Settings

Version v0.1.6
    Added a new Contacts feature, accessed via button on the Send Tab

The Contacts feature is very much a work in progress, I intend to add a lot more to it soon.
    Last edited by Noshei; 10-12-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Version v0.1.7
    Fixed error caused by not checking for guild before attempting to populate the guild contacts
    Added the ability to send a message to multiple people.
    - Can NOT send attachments, plat, or CoD when senting to multiple people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast