+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1020
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Gadgets

Shadowlander

Default I know the thread is old..but

Not only did the fix work [because primalist was still broken as of today] but it then allowed me to import the same layout I had previously setup on my rogue.

Ok, im not sure if this fits here, but Im using Gadgets to pretty much everything on my screen and it usually works fine.... until i target a raid/world boss that has been aggrod.

Then it goes from 40ish normal raid fps to sometimes below 10fps, by just targetting that boss. and then i check the addonusage, the unitframe module uses around 20%, so im guessing that's it, but it shouldnt be THAT impactful. and it only happens when i target that boss, never else. and i have a pretty beast computer (i7 7700K @ 4.2GHz & GTX 980 card), so its not that.
    Livestream | YouTube | Twitter | Dajova <Consortium> - lvl 70 Cleric @ EU-Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    You welcome, I actually fixed it for me and didn't see your post was going to put it anyway. Hope you enjoy it.
    Would it be possible for you to attach a full zip with all the fixes and mods you made to a complete package?
    I seem to end up with errors and I expect I have some file out of date somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Laric View Post
    Would it be possible for you to attach a full zip with all the fixes and mods you made to a complete package?
    I seem to end up with errors and I expect I have some file out of date somewhere.
    Which one you were referring? Are you only trying to add exp fixes or all of them? If you mean all of them I'm gonna release updated version of gadgets this week including all resource management fixes.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Which one you were referring? Are you only trying to add exp fixes or all of them? If you mean all of them I'm gonna release updated version of gadgets this week including all resource management fixes.
    Yes that is what I am hoping for. A full version with all the fixes and enhancements included

Have you been able to put this out yet? Im not finding it.

P.S. I really appreciate all your posts, your Rogue discussions on Prime are spot on, and I tend to look for your opinion on things.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlow View Post
    Have you been able to put this out yet? Im not finding it.

P.S. I really appreciate all your posts, your Rogue discussions on Prime are spot on, and I tend to look for your opinion on things.
    It still need few last tweaks, then ill release it

Soulwalker

Cool

It still need few last tweaks, then ill release it
    How are the tweaks coming along?
    Last edited by Laric; 04-29-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Here is the tweaked version to lower resource hogs as much as I could.

I basically added throttle control for buff, castbar rendering, range calculations.

Reworked all direct system called events to coroutines to lower work on main thread.

Added few new fonts and raid frames I made for my own usage.

Added new system info gadget, it's like old fps and cpu gadgets combined, and looks more better.

Fixed XP related gadgets not updating in real time.

Fixed an issue where sometimes debuffs, buffs stay with 0 seconds until refreshing or changing target.

Fixed infinite castbar issue.

I also tried to mimic original UI's unitframe locking, when not in combat any unitframe location you set will be free to click with mouse.

Possibly fixed an issue where raid frames stuck showing player itself when joined party in combat.

Some other tweaks which I do not remember, since I was tweaking this for my personal usage for like last 7 months.

If you find any issue please reply, so I'll try to fix.

As always keep backup of your old version, and remember this is tweaked version not an official one done by author itself.

Since forums do not allow me upload big files, I needed to use MEGA's file service.

From this link you can download it: Gadgets 0.11

PS: If you downloaded this before post edit please redownload, looks like upload had some error.
    Last edited by aileen; 04-30-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Shadowlander

Here is the tweaked version to lower resource hogs as much as I could.

I basically...
    Thanks for the update. I will give it a try.

I have recently added many additional Gadgets to my UI (mostly unit frames, cast bars and buff lists/icons) but was unsure about negative performance impacts, especially from buff related Gadgets because sometimes so many active.

Question - any need to make save copy of the Account/Shard/CharName .lua variable files or just the main "Gadgets" folder in case I need to rollback?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by MizzerMage View Post
    Thanks for the update. I will give it a try.

I have recently added many additional Gadgets to my UI (mostly unit frames, cast bars and buff lists/icons) but was unsure about negative performance impacts, especially from buff related Gadgets because sometimes so many active.

Question - any need to make save copy of the Account/Shard/CharName .lua variable files or just the main "Gadgets" folder in case I need to rollback?

Thanks again.
    Yes buff related ones and most other didn't have some throttle controls, like buff rendering was running same function 100 times per second, i added control to check not run same func more than 1 time every 0.1 seconds, means now it runs 10 times per second.

Your settings will be available on this, its basically same addon but for backuping, open game and select addons button then select open addons folder, usually its on documents but some people still have it on client.

Anyway on that folder go upper directory, you will see Saved folder, and go into folder which is referring your account name, then select folder with shard name, finally you will see your toons name as folder just backup that folder, thats all you need to do.

In short your saved folder as default: Documents\RIFT\Saved\
    Last edited by aileen; 04-30-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Shadowlander

Anyway on that folder go upper directory, you will see Saved folder, and go into folder which is referring your account name, then select folder with shard name, finally you will see your toons name as folder just backup that folder, thats all you need to do.
    Perfect! Thank you for your help.

Rift Disciple

thx , and is it possible to change fonts and debuff bar and text color? since the new one overwrites and I cant seem to find the font option , and the text color option still shows as white when the texts are purple
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post
    thx , and is it possible to change fonts and debuff bar and text color? since the new one overwrites and I cant seem to find the font option , and the text color option still shows as white when the texts are purple
    Ah pink text i made it for cleansable debuffs, yes you can change it but not via settings ill move it to settings, if you want u can revert it by finding this "if buff.curse or buff.disease or buff.poison then" on both buffbar renderers and bufficon renderers.

You will see, SetBackgroundColor(0.65, 0,0.65,1) just change with SetBackgroundColor(unpack(gadget.config.debuffColo ur))

Rift Disciple

thank you. I'll look into it
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast