+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Gadgets

Quote Originally Posted by maniakos View Post
    Is there any way how more then 8 buffs could be visible at the same time?
    At the moment, the only way to do this is by altering the template. It's actually really easy to do if you don't mind editing a bit of code.

Using a decent text editor (I would recommend Notepad++, you can edit the file:

Gadgets/wtLibUnitFrame/templates/StandardFrame.lua

Find the block of code that contains:

id="buffPanelBuffs" (line 176) and/or id="buffPanelDebuffs" (line 187)

You'll see two of the settings in that block are:

rows=2, cols=4,

Hopefully it's fairly self explanatory - increasing the number of rows to 4 will give you a total of 16 buffs/debuffs for example.

Changes made to one of the standard templates in this way will unfortunately be overwritten every time you update Gadgets to a new version. I will be writing up how to add your own templates at some point.
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 06-29-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Default v0.3.64 (RIFT 1.9)

Updated to support RIFT 1.9

Option to reverse sequence of groups for raid frames
    Option to reverse sequence of units within each group for raid frames
    Updated to use new unit availability events
    Added a call to keep the Watchdog quiet when initializing

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    At the moment, the only way to do this is by altering the template. It's actually really easy to do if you don't mind editing a bit of code.

rows=2, cols=4,

Hopefully it's fairly self explanatory - increasing the number of rows to 4 will give you a total of 16 buffs/debuffs for example.

Changes made to one of the standard templates in this way will unfortunately be overwritten every time you update Gadgets to a new version. I will be writing up how to add your own templates at some point.
    Great m8 it's working of course, I'm a little but lazy didn't check the code before
    Shadowblink
    R50 Defiant Rogue @Bloodiron - Dark Legion

rows=2, cols=4,

Nice, i was checking all the other .lua but i couldn't find it. Thx for sharing

R60 Rogue | Icewatch EU | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | HM 4/4 | GA 3/4 |YouTube | Twitch.tv

Default v0.3.65-beta

Updated buff management code. Using the new 1.9 availability system, this should be much more efficient now that I've been able to remove all of the hacks needed to work with buffs previously. Marked as beta, as this has not been extensively tested yet.

Altered the standard unit frame to show 12 buffs/6 debuffs, up from 8/4.

Added a new "Standard Unit Frame Upside Down" template, which puts the unit name below the frame and buffs above - a better shape for putting unit frames at the bottom of your screen.

Disabled the cooldown overlay on buffs for now, while I make the mechanism for displaying them more efficient.

Updated buff management code...
    And broke it

NOTE: There are errors on joining a raid/party. I am looking at these, but am actually venturing out into the "Real World" right now, so unfortunately i'll have to wait a couple of hours. Probably best to avoid 0.3.65.

Rift Chaser

Love this addon. Getting a few errors with 1.9, but nothing I cant put up with. Keep up the good work on this one!

Default v0.3.66

Bug fixes for errors in 0.3.65 around missing Player object

Added initial implementation of new raid frame template 'Octanus Raid Frame'. Octanus has kindly agreed to let me bundle his fantastic artwork into Gadgets. My current implementation doesn't do it justice, but I'll be working on making it match Octanus' original design more closely in the next few days.

Soulwalker

Bug fixes for errors in 0.3.65 around missing Player object

Added initial implementation of new raid frame template 'Octanus Raid Frame'. Octanus has kindly agreed to let me bundle his fantastic artwork into Gadgets. My current implementation doesn't do it justice, but I'll be working on making it match Octanus' original design more closely in the next few days.
    I love this add-on, I really do! As an app developer, I fully understand how hard it is to get everything running smoothly. Unfortunately, I'm getting some errors with this latest patch.

First, I think something is now broken with Noshei's Gadgets. I was using one of his templates, but the addon all of the sudden doesn't work due to a "missing wtLibMedia dependency" problem.

Second, after every modification I make, reloadUI causes a crash and restart.

Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you'll get these bugs squashed in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonvon View Post
    I love this add-on, I really do! As an app developer, I fully understand how hard it is to get everything running smoothly. Unfortunately, I'm getting some errors with this latest patch.

First, I think something is now broken with Noshei's Gadgets. I was using one of his templates, but the addon all of the sudden doesn't work due to a "missing wtLibMedia dependency" problem.

Second, after every modification I make, reloadUI causes a crash and restart.

Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you'll get these bugs squashed in no time!
    Ooops, Noshei will be telling me off... I've removed that library and incorporated it into another one - didn't realise Nosh was referencing it. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

The crash and restart doesn't sound good! That doesn't happen for me, so getting to the bottom of it is going to be interesting. Zorba will be very interested in that one, as we shouldn't be able to crash RIFT

Soulwalker

The crash and restart doesn't sound good! That doesn't happen for me, so getting to the bottom of it is going to be interesting. Zorba will be very interested in that one, as we shouldn't be able to crash RIFT
    Glad you're on it. The crash and restart bug may not have to do with Gadgets (but I think it does). To give more info: now, every time I reloadui, whether or not I've modified any gadgets, via your button or the console, Rift crashes. Yesterday, this was not the case and I could reload happily. The only system change I've made in the last 24 hours is updating gadgets.
    Last edited by Vonvon; 07-06-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Glad you're on it. The crash and restart bug may not have to do with Gadgets (but I think it does). To give more info: now, every time I reloadui, whether or not I've modified any gadgets, via your button or the console, Rift crashes. Yesterday, this was not the case and I could reload happily. The only system change I've made in the last 24 hours is updating gadgets.
    I hate to ask, but if you've got time, could you please try:

Removing Noshei's Gadgets from your addon directory, and seeing if that changes anything? (wondering if the broken dependency may be doing something odd)

Putting Noshei's back in, and rolling back to a previous version of Gadgets and seeing if the problem goes away?

I could also do with knowing which other addons you have installed, to see if I can re-create the problem here (in case it's some combination of Gadgets+SomethingElse that is causing it). And... if anyone else is seeing this same problem, the same information would be really useful.

Soulwalker

I hate to ask, but if you've got time, could you please try:

Removing Noshei's Gadgets from your addon directory, and seeing if that changes anything? (wondering if the broken dependency may be doing something odd)

Putting Noshei's back in, and rolling back to a previous version of Gadgets and seeing if the problem goes away?

I could also do with knowing which other addons you have installed, to see if I can re-create the problem here (in case it's some combination of Gadgets+SomethingElse that is causing it). And... if anyone else is seeing this same problem, the same information would be really useful.
    You're off the hook! It's BananAH's fault. Sorry for the false alarm.

You're off the hook! It's BananAH's fault. Sorry for the false alarm.
    Ah, OK. Thanks for letting me know. I've dropped Baanano a note in IRC to give him a heads up to have a look here.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #75
    Rift Team

Yeah that's bad mojo. If you've got a reproducible test case, let me know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast