+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Gadgets

I'm guessing API limitation: Mouseover macro's don't work with raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by theepiphany View Post
    I'm guessing API limitation: Mouseover macro's don't work with raid frames.
    You need to use mouseover and not mouseoverui, there is a difference.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    Yep, the addon does a lot when there are lots of gadgets on the screen. If you're running the CPU gadget, can you have a look at the split between "Render" and "Process"? If most of the load is from 'render', it's down to the vast number of things being drawn. If it's against 'process', I need to optimise my code
    It's Render. ;)

I think a lot of the render load from the unit frames comes from the sweep animations on the buffs (the circular countdown effect over the icons). These can be turned off in the templates, I'll add an option in the configuration to turn them off there as well, as I think this might help a lot.
    Yeah, I'd like to turn buff circular effects in raidframe off. And I'd like to turn energy and mana off. Maybe you can add an option to disable. Or pls tell me the exact lines to disable it in the templates.

Thanks so far!
    Last edited by muellerzeung; 05-10-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Qan

Very nice addon, thank you.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

Quote Originally Posted by muellerzeung View Post
    It's Render. ;)
    Cool, that'll be improved as I optimize the templates and give more options to turn things off.

Quote Originally Posted by muellerzeung View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to turn buff circular effects in raidframe off. And I'd like to turn energy and mana off. Maybe you can add an option to disable. Or pls tell me the exact lines to disable it in the templates.

Thanks so far!
    I'm in the process of completely changing the way templates are defined as I aim to make them a lot easier to configure, but for now, if you're feeling brave, dive into wtLibUnitFrame/templates/, and edit the template file you want to change (I'd recommend using something like Notepad++ if you don't have an IDE, Windows Notepad won't handle the Unix style line endings).

For the Raid frame, you can remove the mana bar by deleting everything from line 99 to 108 in RaidFrame.lua.

Each element of the template is defined in a block like:

Code:
    { 
      id="buffs", type="BuffPanel", ...
    },
    Make sure you delete everything from the opening brace to the comma after the closing brace.

You'll also want to edit the line at the top of the file:

local raidFrameBottomBarHeight = 5

And change the 5 to a 0.

I haven't tested this, but that should be all you need to do. If the frames break somehow, you can always re-download the addon so there's nothing stopping you messing around

The sweep animations are already turned off on raid frames (as they make buffs unreadable on small icons). To turn sweep animations off on any other template, edit the file as above, and search for any line containing the text "sweepOverlay=true". Change the true to false, and the animation won't be shown.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

I haven't tested this, but that should be all you need to do. If the frames break somehow, you can always re-download the addon so there's nothing stopping you messing around

The sweep animations are already turned off on raid frames (as they make buffs unreadable on small icons). To turn sweep animations off on any other template, edit the file as above, and search for any line containing the text "sweepOverlay=true". Change the true to false, and the animation won't be shown.

They will also need to change which frame the Health Bar is attached to, as it is attached to the Resource Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    They will also need to change which frame the Health Bar is attached to, as it is attached to the Resource Bar.
    I think it's the raid frame that we're talking about, which has a fixed height health bar and isn't attached to the resource bar. The Raid Frame template hasn't been changed since my initial Bar implementation, which required a fixed height/width. When I added resizing, this had to change to allow bars to be stretched.

If it's not the raid frame, then yep, there are all sorts of inter-dependencies between the elements and deleting one could result in some very "interesting" layouts

Default Localization

I've loaded the current set of localized phrases into CurseForge. I'll be using this to manage all of the localization for Gadgets, so if anyone wants to help out with localization, please use this.

CurseForge Localization

The localization files currently in the addon will be replaced with this data, so please don't edit the files directly.

You need to use mouseover and not mouseoverui, there is a difference.
    My macro's use both, still doesnt work for me though for some reason. *shrug*

Soulwalker

Love this add on. I think I've told everyone in guild that it is a MUST have. I've tried other unit frame addons, and as a healers I've found that they were very cumbersome and I had to manually add new debuffs all the time in order for them to show. I use this and it's crystal clear, my mouseover macros work great, and I have a really sharp spartan looking UI. The distance to target option is the reason I decided to try it, and I was pleasantly surprised by all the other gadgets. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope you keep up the awesome work. This is what I've been hoping to see with addons.

Default Gadgets: Orb Images

I've popped a patch onto RiftUI to let people use red, green or blue health/mana orbs.

The 0.4 branch isn't ready for release yet, so you'll need to edit the template files manually to select an image. Instructions are included on the patch's webpage.

RiftUI Link

This is temporary, while I work on the next release. I didn't want to hack in a quick-n-dirty orb selection mechanism which would need to be ripped out again once template configuration is available.

Rift Chaser

Is there a way to show a small icon for role on the raid frames?
    (similar to the nkthings icon)

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    I believe this is already in place for both the Simple Frame and Raid Frame Templates for raid frames.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking for

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    It's already there. If it's not showing, it's a bug.

Saying that, I've noticed a lot of missing icons recently on my frames (no ready check icons, missing role icons, etc). I've been assuming this is because I'm using a development version and I've introduced a bug somewhere, but it's possible something has changed in the RIFT client that has also broken the release version.

I'll revert to v0.3.4 tonight and see if the problem is isolated to my development version or not.

Rift Chaser

I believe this is already in place for both the Simple Frame and Raid Frame Templates for raid frames.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking for
    Oh your right, its there sometimes. I play in warfronts a lot, and sometimes the raid frames do not have the icons. I will try to see if there is a pattern.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast