+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Gadgets

Plane Walker

Oh my god, I love you.

This is amazing!
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, I'm steadily making progress on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphrina View Post
    Suggestion:
    Can we get a way to adjust fps, cpu, range gadgets width & height. Like to be able to have a horizontal line under my ingame map of cpu/fps gadgets that are the same height boxs.
    The latest version (0.3.3a) brings resizable gadgets. I altered the FPS and CPU gadgets to allow them to be resized up to the size of the 'Range to Target' gadget, which means you can now drag them all out to the same vertical size.

I've added Planar Charge and Soul Vitality gadgets, which can be resized and placed wherever your want them. They will always overlay Unit Frames - the only difficulty here is that I haven't added the option to turn off alignment yet, which means trying to precisely place something over the top left corner of another gadget might be a bit tricky

Resizing Unit Frames is in place, though there is no font scaling yet, so they look a bit odd if you scale them vertically.

Resizing Raid Frames is not there yet, as this is a little more difficult to do (they are nothing more than a grid of 20 unit frames attached together, so resizing them all together needs a bit of work). Shouldn't take too long to get it working though.

There is also now an option to 'Copy Gadget' on the drop down menu for a gadget. This is to allow you to create a single unit frame, resize it as you want, and then copy and modify it. I would quite like to get alignment working for resizing as well as moving, but working out the best way to handle this will take some thought.
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 05-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Is it possible to get a stand alone player cast bar to match charge bar? Prefer it separate and like the cast time displayed for addon cast bars over standard game one.

A quick question are these raid frames functional regarding Cast @mouseoverui macro's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamorte View Post
    A quick question are these raid frames functional regarding Cast @mouseoverui macro's?
    Yes, they do have their mouseover unit set. I haven't tested, but I think you have to use @mouseover rather than @mouseoverui for any addon frames (this is a feature of Rift, not something we can control from an addon).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphrina View Post
    Is it possible to get a stand alone player cast bar to match charge bar? Prefer it separate and like the cast time displayed for addon cast bars over standard game one.
    Yep, that should be a quick and easy one to create. I'll add it to the list.

OMG awesome!!!!! i love you!!!

Love this addon. I have a feeling this will be one of (if not) the most popular Rift addons out there very soon.

Any chance of being able to drop the background opacity of the raid frames to 0 (or adding it as an option)?

Seems like all gadgets have a frame around them but I don't see an option to drop the background opacity to make them more transparent (or not visible).

Quote Originally Posted by theepiphany View Post
    Love this addon. I have a feeling this will be one of (if not) the most popular Rift addons out there very soon.

Any chance of being able to drop the background opacity of the raid frames to 0 (or adding it as an option)?

Seems like all gadgets have a frame around them but I don't see an option to drop the background opacity to make them more transparent (or not visible).
    As I understand it, you can't click-through' the raid frames and therefore a background colour was provided so you know they are there.

Doom: How difficult would it be to clip the raid frame to size depending on the number of groups in the raid and possibly hide it completely if there are no groups. This will minimise the amount of screen-space that can't be clicked-through. I can see some challenges from a draggable scaling perspective though...
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    As I understand it, you can't click-through' the raid frames and therefore a background colour was provided so you know they are there.

Doom: How difficult would it be to clip the raid frame to size depending on the number of groups in the raid and possibly hide it completely if there are no groups. This will minimise the amount of screen-space that can't be clicked-through. I can see some challenges from a draggable scaling perspective though...
    I've been thinking about this as well. The best option I have come up with would be to build each unit as a separate frame and then link all of the frames together via the build in alignment options.

This however presents the problem of having 20 frames instead of 1, so clean up here would probably be an issue.

It would also make scaling pretty simple as you can base the scale off of a single unit and not the group of units. This would also provide the option to let users completely customize the layout of their raid frames.

The raid frames are exactly that - a set of 20 Unit Frames all linked together. When you select the layout (e.g. 4x5, 2x10), it simply alters the SetPoint calls to link them together differently. There is a boolean flag in the templates that indicates whether a unit frame is suitable for raid frames or not. If you change this to 'true' in the template, you can have a set of 20 health orbs, or full StandardFrames, or whatever (not recommended for any unit frame that isn't contained fully within it's own rectangle, as they would overlap and look really strange).

.. In fact now I think about it, I'm going to have to go and enable scaling on health orbs and allow them to be raid frames, just 'cos they'd look really silly

For scaling, my intention at the moment is that when the raid frame gadget's resizing handle is moved, it works out the closest matching integer size for a single frame based on the total size, and then applies this size to every frame in the grid. This means that as you scale the raid frames, the whole grid will scale up in steps of 2, 4, 5, 10 or 20 pixels, ensuring that you don't end up with graphical artefacts where individual frames aren't aligned precisely on pixel boundaries.

The reason the raid frames currently always fill up 20 spaces is down to the secure mode. If I limited them to (for example) 10 frames, and then an 11th person joined the raid while you were in combat, I wouldn't be able to show the new frame. The decision I took was to make sure they would work as expected, at the expense of screen space. This is also the reason you can turn off the click functionality - if you do this, the frames have no background and can be clicked through, so no space is wasted. Sadly, this also makes them close to useless

I am really hoping that Zorba has seen the comment I posted here, as I think this would be a simple and elegant way to resolve these issues for lots of us.

Essentially, the suggestion is that if you set a mouseover unit on a frame, and the mouseover unit is not available, automatically hide the frame (and all of it's children).
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 05-09-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theepiphany View Post

That makes a lot of sense, I'll add an option to set the opacity of unit frame and raid frame backgrounds.

An option to alter the overall transparency of any gadget would also be fairly easy to add, and would be a really nice addition. I'll put it on the list too

Shadowlander

I had a play with your addon and loved the bubbles for health and mana, but turned it off cus was unable to see Planar Charges and Soul Valitly remaining when you turn the default trion ui off, until you added them on an update.

now i use 2 bubbles (health/mana) next to each other and the planar Charge in between on bottom and Soul vitality on middle top. Looks great

But when i was testing it before the 0.3.3a update there was the percentage in middle of bubble and total health on bottom and name on tom of bubble. now just percentage. can i get the total amount of health/mana back.

For the Target i use the normal UI but with a health bubble over the top of the portrait. Looks great cus you can still see the animated pic underneath and when you reduce health the pic behind becomes visable.

a request tho can we have different colours to choose from. I think the 'Pastel' geeen and blue are ok but would like the option of brightening them, and maybe having an option on health that its bright green at 100% slowly turning yellow at 50% then gradually turning to red at 0%.

cheers for a great addon.

Soulwalker

Default Great work

Hey there!

Great work. I'm in Love with your simple and clear design!
    But there is one problem for me: During raid the addon has a cpu usage of 5 to 10 percent. ive got an i5 cpu and no problems with other addons. I think problem is the huge amount of work to keep all the charge/energy bar for each player alive.

maybe you can add a function to disable players charge/mana bars in the raid frame.
    or others give me an advise please, why this unitframe (i think it is the raid unitframe) uses so much cpu.

Thanks so far for your help and keep on going your fantastic work!

Just some real quick replies, need to sort some stuff out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmiya View Post
    But when i was testing it before the 0.3.3a update there was the percentage in middle of bubble and total health on bottom and name on tom of bubble. now just percentage. can i get the total amount of health/mana back.
    I think you're running an older version, this was (hopefully!) fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by muellerzeung View Post
    During raid the addon has a cpu usage of 5 to 10 percent. ive got an i5 cpu and no problems with other addons. I think problem is the huge amount of work to keep all the charge/energy bar for each player alive.
    Yep, the addon does a lot when there are lots of gadgets on the screen. If you're running the CPU gadget, can you have a look at the split between "Render" and "Process"? If most of the load is from 'render', it's down to the vast number of things being drawn. If it's against 'process', I need to optimise my code

I think a lot of the render load from the unit frames comes from the sweep animations on the buffs (the circular countdown effect over the icons). These can be turned off in the templates, I'll add an option in the configuration to turn them off there as well, as I think this might help a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast