+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Imhothar's Bags

Shadowlander

Really nice addon, actually the best there is for my needs. Only thing is for Trion to let bag addons take place for their own hideous bags. I detest anything that isn't 1-Bag / 1-Bank-styles.
    Enough micromanagement already.

Rift Chaser

Thank you for this addon, love it.

Using 0.15beta.
    When looting the 'Daily Patron Gift' from the store:

Code:
    Error: Incorrect function usage.
      Parameters: (Texture: ImhoBags..0x365350e8), "Rift", nil
      Parameter types: Texture, string, nil
    Function documentation:
    	Sets the current texture used for this element.
    		Texture:SetTexture(source, texture)   -- string, string
    Parameters:
    		source:	The source of the resource. "Rift" will take the resource from Rift's internal data. Anything else will take the resource from the addon with that identifier.
    		texture:	The actual texture identifier. Either a resource identifier or a filename.
        In LibAsyncTextures / loadTextures, event Event.System.Update.End
    stack traceback:
    	[C]: in function 'SetTexture'
    	LibAsyncTextures/Main.lua:83: in function <LibAsyncTextures/Main.lua:66>

Rift Chaser

The above error still occurs on 0.15beta2.

I also noticed today that this addon consumes 30% CPU. So I had to disable it, and now my Rift run so much smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    The above error still occurs on 0.15beta2.

I also noticed today that this addon consumes 30% CPU. So I had to disable it, and now my Rift run so much smoother.
    Is that while the windows are open or not? While you are not doing anything with your items and all windows are closed the addon's usage should be very close to 0. Unfortunately the addon has LOTS of UI elements and their render time is reported together with the CPU usage, so the usage indicator may be misleading.
    Author of the Imhothar's Bags addon.

Soulwalker

This looks like a really great addon; I just recently started using them today and yours was one of the first I installed.

A problem I'm encountering though is that when I have the guild bank window open, the extended tooltips are shown off screen in the top left corner. I read about the known issue in the help dialog, but when I turn the extended tooltips off, I don't get any item descriptions at all in the guild bank! I still see item descriptions for items in my bag however.

Another minor thing, probably just out of my own laziness, is that I've noticed the search filter only works when items are searched with the proper capitalization, i.e., typing "cloth" will not highlight "Wool Cloth".

Love the addon been using it for a while, any way to see how much plat you have total like you can with other currencies?
    Have you ever wanted to?

Is there any way to fix the tooltip position? It's stuck in the top left corner and part of it is cut off.

Default error, and some questions

I was using the menu function ( since the tooltips don't show the SL costume pieces yet, and I was hoping to use that to keep track of which toons had done the quests)

while in meri, using /imhobags menu, looking at a bag, and then using the command again popped up the "this addon is running to slowly" dialog. The code was:

Error: performance warning
    In ImhoBags / slashMain
    stack traceback:
    ImhoBags/windows/MenuWindow.lua:193: in function 'layoutMenu'
    ImhoBags/windows/MenuWindow.lua:240: in function 'SetVisible'
    LibAnimate/AnimateNative.lua:212: in function 'FadeIn'
    ImhoBags/UxMain.lua:68: in function 'toggleFade'
    ImhoBags/UxMain.lua:138: in function 'ToggleMenuWindow'
    ImhoBags/SlashCmd.lua:40: in function <ImhoBags/SlashCmd.lua:22>

-=-=-=-

I've disabled it for now (it's the only addon I have installed).

Something that would be very very useful would be (apologies if these have been discussed on previous pages):

a) tiny tooltip for the many little icons at the top of the bag window (iMho, they aren't intuitive )
    b) the option to turn off the all-in-one bag for now but still use the consolidated display that the slash command brings up.

Plane Walker

how is the tooltip issue not fixed by now?

This addon looks AWESOME. Going to download it now.

Thank you so much for taking the time to develop this!

Plane Touched

Darn, that pesky tooltip bug is all that prevents me from using this. So many awesome additions that are spoiled by such a small thing!

Soulwalker

Wish this addon would be updated =(
    Last edited by xilni; 10-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by psychopsilocybin View Post
    Darn, that pesky tooltip bug is all that prevents me from using this. So many awesome additions that are spoiled by such a small thing!
    It's not a true 'bug', it's a limitation. The addon author has addressed this several times on the curse download page: it's simply not something that can be fixed without modifications to the addon API by Trion.

I wish that Trion devs would actually play the game and use the addons so they could see what needs to be done...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    It's not a true 'bug', it's a limitation. The addon author has addressed this several times on the curse download page: it's simply not something that can be fixed without modifications to the addon API by Trion.

I wish that Trion devs would actually play the game and use the addons so they could see what needs to be done...
    I dont think he was implying the mod author needs to fix it, just that it needs to be fixed.

i HATE the default bag setup, and i love the look of this addon, but the damn tooltip thing ruins it completely

Just curious as the API doesn't seem to have improved much from when I left. Have updates to it been abandoned by Trion?
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast