+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Addon] Imhothar's Bags

Looks like I had quite a serious bug in the localization which made it unusable for English players, this is hopefully fixed now 0.5beta4.

I also added French and Korean translations using Google translate, but I assume it's far from perfect, so if anyone feels like helping with the translations or review the existing ones for French, Korean and Russian, please contact me.

New update. Version 0.6 adds support for manipulating some command line options and adds support for cross-faction item queries.

Tagging as 0.6 beta
    --------------------

FEATURES:
    * New configuration options settable with /imhobags option [value]
    * showEnemyFaction: Controls whether items of the enemy faction are considered.
    * autoOpen: Controls whether the inventory or bank windows open/close automatically
    together with the respective Trion frames.
    * List detailed descriptions with /imhobags config
    CHANGES:
    * The second argument to /imhobags character [location]
    is now optional and defaults to "inventory".
    FIXES:
    * Empty slot indicator is always centered on the bag icon
    ISSUES:
    * The mail database is cleared everytime the Trion mail window is opened.
    * Item tooltips may show up in the top-left corner of the screen.
    * Some items may not show up in the item windows due to broken values in the API.

Quote Originally Posted by Verea View Post
    Any chance you could get this on RiftUI? I'm boycotting Curse, they shall receive no ad revenue from me (that said, I feel like I'm missing out on a great add-on here.)
    Just a FYI, Curseforge has no ads

New version 0.7 beta is up.
    This is mainly a visual improvement and bugfixing update.

Here is the changelog:
    Tagging as 0.7 beta
    --------------------

FEATURES:
    • New prettier item buttons more in-line with the default Trion ones
    • New config option itemButtonSkin: pretty/simple
      • "simple" sets the buttons to appear the same way as in 0.6
      • "pretty" sets the buttons to the new appearance (default)
      • changes to itemButtonSkin require /reloadui to become active
    • Lootable items (for example the rewards from crafting dailies or rifts) are separated in their own group to make them identifiable more easily
    CHANGES:
    • The monetary value of junk items now looks like the other Rift money indicators
    • The CoD value in mails now looks like the other Rift money indicators
    • Account-bound items of the enemy faction are now included per default
    • The small buttons in the top-right now open/close the respective window
    FIXES:
    • Some frames did not position correctly at 100% UI scale
    • Issues with frame draw orders were fixed
    • Fixes to frame layouts
    ISSUES:
    • The mail database is cleared everytime the Trion mail window is opened.
    • Item tooltips may show up in the top-left corner of the screen.
    • Some items may not show up in the item windows due to broken values in the API.
    I sill vote for a RiftIconButton with all the fancy animations...

Rejoice, yet another update!

0.8beta is out:
    The addon now attempts to pretend intelligence at saving screen space by packing multiple item groups per line if possible. The empty slot number over the bags bar is now configurable.

Full changelog:
    Tagging as 0.8 beta
    --------------------

FEATURES:
    • The addon now attempts to save screen space by packing multiple groups per line
      • Enabled by default but can be changed with /imhobags packGroups yes/no
    • New config option showEmptySlots to toggle the empty slot number over the bags bar
    CHANGES:
    FIXES:
    ISSUES:
    • The mail database is cleared everytime the Trion mail window is opened.
    • Item tooltips may show up in the top-left corner of the screen.
    • Some items may not show up in the item windows due to broken values in the API.

New 0.9beta update is out.
    It now has a configuration window opened with /imhobags config
    In addition to that new windows have been added to inspect equipment/wardrobe/currency of alts.
    The mail window received some love and should better cope with situations where people have lots of mails.

Here is the full changelog:
    Tagging as 0.9 beta
    --------------------

FEATURES:
    * The addon now has a configuration window. Open it with /imhobags config
    * ImhoBags can now track all your currencies across characters, providing
    a new dedicated window for them. Useful for planar vouchers.
    * New windows for checking offline characters' equipment and wardrobe.
    * The platinum, gold, silver values are saved and displayed for each character.
    CHANGES:
    * The mail window cannot be resized anymore but was gifted with a scrollbar instead.
    * Windows are now created on-demand. This should speed up startup times
    and reduce memory load for windows which are never opened.
    FIXES:
    * Sometimes mails did not end up in the addon's database.
    * Squeezed some nil reference bugs here and there.
    * The addon now detects old and incompatible databases and reacts accordingly.
    * Window positions were not saved/restored after a UI reload on rare occassions.
    ISSUES:
    * Some items may not show up in the item windows due to broken values in the API.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Man, we're all doing alt stuff. Baggotry now has tooltips for alt inventory, and I'm starting on a more general alt-tracking mod.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

And I assume there will be more.
    The more the merrier.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

It occurs to me that we will have all sorts of fun with lots of addons adding conflicting tooltips.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Update to 0.10 beta.
    The highlight is the added support for guilds and guilt items and options to change the size of the item buttons. Here follows the full changelog:

FEATURES:
    * Basic support for guilds and guild vault items.
    ** Guild items can be viewed for all guilds any of your characters is a member of.
    ** Guild items are included in the tooltip summary.
    ** Information about guild vaults as well as guild money or logs cannot be retrieved currently .
    * The size of item buttons can now be changed for each window.
    ** Valid sizes are 30, 40, 50 (RIFT default) and 60. Other sizes may be added later.
    * A small icon is now displayed over soul- and account-bound items.
    ** This can be disabled in the config window.
    CHANGES:
    * The character selector is now an icon button to save space.
    FIXES:
    * Various layotu issues were fixed.
    * Currency counts > 99999 are displayed correctly now.
    * A big bunch of redundant texture frames was removed for pretty item buttons.
    ISSUES:

So just to clarify...we currently cannot have it show as one big bag display like in the preview image? I'd like to have one large bag with customizable sections sort of like Arkinventory for that "other" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeklectic View Post
    So just to clarify...we currently cannot have it show as one big bag display like in the preview image? I'd like to have one large bag with customizable sections sort of like Arkinventory for that "other" game.
    You can have the big bag display, allthough it's far less customizable as ArkInventory (the rule and sorting engine of ArkInventory is very CPU consuming), but it is currently impossible to hide the default Trion bag windows, I'm sorry. IB can be configured to not show up together with the default bag windows, so it can be used on-demand as a lookup and search tool for your other characters, basically some form of Altometer. Once the Rift API has the feauters needed to make IB replace the default windows (some item interaction is not possible yet) it's the first thing on my TODO list.

Edit: I use it myself to get an overview of what I have in my bags, whether I carry collectibles or lootables around, event hough I can't use them directly from the IB window. The developer version is capable of some basic item interactions, like drag&drop and moving items between the inventory and (guild)bank but that's it, but that is far from complete.
    Last edited by Imhothar; 04-14-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Default Switching guilds

I noticed when I left one guild and joined another, IB did not flush the data from my old guild bank, which was no longer valid.

Without checking, I don't think there is an event that fires for joining or leaving a guild, but if there is, use that. Otherwise I would store the player's guild name in a variable and compare it to itself when Load.End fires or something like that. If it is different, then dump the old data.

Other than that, amazing job so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    I noticed when I left one guild and joined another, IB did not flush the data from my old guild bank, which was no longer valid.

Without checking, I don't think there is an event that fires for joining or leaving a guild, but if there is, use that. Otherwise I would store the player's guild name in a variable and compare it to itself when Load.End fires or something like that. If it is different, then dump the old data.

Other than that, amazing job so far!
    There is Event.Unit.Guild but I do not delete the old data immediately as multiple characters could reference it. I also dump the player's guild data on every load and check it anew, assigning the correct guild table. The guild stuff is actually a weak table and should be dumped by Lua sooner or later when no character references it anymore. If it stays forever then something's wrong.

But I have to admit I never tested guild switching as it's a test case that's difficult to reallize alone.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    The guild stuff is actually a weak table and should be dumped by Lua sooner or later when no character references it anymore. If it stays forever then something's wrong.
    If you mean the Lua weak-table system, then keep in mind that metatables aren't persisted by Rift savedvariables. You'll need to manage that stuff somewhat manually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast