+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Get a friendly player's equipped items

Soulwalker

Default Get a friendly player's equipped items

Is there a way to get the equipped items of a friendly player as an array? And use Inspect.Item.Details() on each array element to get item details?
    Last edited by ClearMind; 03-31-2019 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Typo in title.

Soulwalker

...or at least something that helps me get an equipped item from a slot from a player (slot specifiers maybe? i haven't found anything on the docs). Not too much activity here btw

im assuming you mean to get 'information' about an item that another player has equipped?
    in that case, magelo has pretty much all that info, just gotta type int he name..

what other kind of information are you after?

Not familiar with LUA, so I may be way off here. But couldn't you create your own array with Inspect.Item.List and create a loop storing the details of each piece using Inspect.Item.Details in the array variable?
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-03-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    im assuming you mean to get 'information' about an item that another player has equipped?
    in that case, magelo has pretty much all that info, just gotta type int he name..

what other kind of information are you after?
    What I meant was to get information about a player's equipped items programatically. Like, to generate slot specifiers for each equipment slot and to get the equipped item based on the slot specifier.
    What i can't figure out is how do i specify that i want to inspect another player (targeted player, focused player, mouseover'ed player) and not myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Not familiar with LUA, so I may be way off here. But couldn't you create your own array with Inspect.Item.List and create a loop storing the details of each piece using Inspect.Item.Details in the array variable?
    That was the idea. But Inspect.Item.Details doesn't work with players other than yourself (as far as i know). This means, so far, i can only access my equipped items, because i don't see any way of accessing the equipped items of other characters.

Utility.Item.Slot.Equipment only creates slot identifiers for your character.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearMind View Post
    What I meant was to get information about a player's equipped items programatically. Like, to generate slot specifiers for each equipment slot and to get the equipped item based on the slot specifier.
    What i can't figure out is how do i specify that i want to inspect another player (targeted player, focused player, mouseover'ed player) and not myself?

That was the idea. But Inspect.Item.Details doesn't work with players other than yourself (as far as i know). This means, so far, i can only access my equipped items, because i don't see any way of accessing the equipped items of other characters.

Utility.Item.Slot.Equipment only creates slot identifiers for your character.
    Unless there is a secret backdoor way to generate item slot specifiers for other units this seems to be yet-other-piece of missing functionality in the API.

Would it be possible to do something like an /inspect @target type of command from within the add on?

Then with the new frame displayed get the child elements of that frame. Once that happens it may be possible to get the item details once you have an equipment list from the inspected target.
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-05-2019 at 04:06 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Would it be possible to do something like an /inspect @target type of command from within the add on?

Then with the new frame displayed get the child elements of that frame. Once that happens it may be possible to get the item details once you have an equipment list from the inspected target.
    One could try. The NativeFrames are pretty opaque in my experience however so you can't really drill into their structure.

duplicate.
    Last edited by GreenZomie; 04-07-2019 at 10:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread