+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to know when Mount etc Details are ready?

Soulwalker

Default How to know when Mount etc Details are ready?

Functions like Inspect.Item.Mount.List or Inspect.Minion.Slot return nil when called immediately after login.

I can't seem to find an Event that signals they are ready. They are still nil when Addon.Load fires.

Rift Disciple

Wait until the "player" unit has full availability. Haven't tested it myself, but all the information about the player should be there once availability is full for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    Wait until the "player" unit has full availability. Haven't tested it myself, but all the information about the player should be there once availability is full for it.
    This *seems* to pan out. Maybe there is a potential race condition and waiting for an `Event.Unit.Availability.Full` for 'player` is merely co-incidentally long enough.

Im going to pretend its always true and remove the Event.System.Update.Begin poll.

--
    Edit: Now Inspect.Minion.List() is failing. I need another authoritative way of knowwing when that's ready or its back to polling :/

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZomie View Post
    Edit: Now Inspect.Minion.List() is failing. I need another authoritative way of knowwing when that's ready or its back to polling :/
    As far as i'm aware, minions are on a separate server all together, not tied to a specific character, and there probably isn't a way to check when they become available. Depending on what you want to do you could be better off just attaching an update function to Event.UI.Input.Mouse.Cursor.In (or some similar event that would get triggered before you do anything that needs the information, but not spam requests each system update) for the first update.

You could also try and see what minion sender addon uses for its updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

Soulwalker

Minion Sender and Mamigo both seem to have per-frame events hooked up to a Inspect.Minion.* poll.

+ Reply to Thread