+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: add on request - rares in VP

Default add on request - rares in VP

please could we have an add on that shows a full list of all the rares in VP and then takes them off the list when we kill them and resets each day

thank you in advance!

Soulwalker

Default still useful?

since the patch of this week have fixed the display of rares on the map, does this is still useful?
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

yes it would be very useful!
    for those of us farming all the rares everyday...
    we open up the map in VP and see loads of rares up at beginning of the day, awesome! we kill them all, switch shard and kill them, switch shard etc etc.. we get about 20 rares in the first hit.
    then about 2 or 3 hours later we go again... now we can only see the ones we havnt killed.. oh typhiria has 4 rares up and i can see them! awesome, go kill, then switch to gelidra.. nothing on the map... but WHY is there nothing on the map? is it because ive killed them already? is it because someone else has just killed them and im waiting for respawn?
    but yeah, we wait a few mins hoping for something to pop, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.. then next shard etc etc..
    BUT.. how many have i killed now? should i be seeing any on the map? maybe i already killed them all today? maybe mindlessly switching shards and checking maps and hoping and praying for another rare to pop is utterly pointless if ive actually killed them all already and have no way to keep track of it!

currently i have a list of all the rares on a bit of paper on my desk which im ticking off each day, most days i kill them all, other days im left with 2 or 3 not killed.
    it would be super awesome to have this list in game as a small add on

it should start in the morning as a full list of all the rares that shrinks as the day goes by when you kill them, you can click it to expand the list to see how many you have left to kill.
    it would be super super helpful!

Soulwalker

I have started a little addon to do that, still need to get all the rare's id before releasing it
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

Soulwalker

The addon is available on curse: https://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/275062-vp-kill-list

you just have to do a "/killlist" and it will print on the general the list of rare not yet killed today. Also when you kill a rare a message will be print.
    I didn't check the reset timer for NA shards, it look good for EU. I still need to do more testing so if you see a bug, report it here
    Last edited by kinou; 08-21-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: approved on curse
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

Thank you muchly
    we will test it on Saturday when back from holiday.

add on is working wonderfully and thank you so much for making it.

we have however found a slight issue, one that will not effect the majority of players, it comes from playing on two different computers. killing rares on the first computer the list updates as normal, slowly deleting the ones you have killed.
    but then you log on the second computer and the list has fully refreshed, even tho its the same day.
    im wondering if the list of rares killed is held locally?

is there any way to back date the list from the start of the day from each log in? if you get what i mean mate

thank you so much for your hard work so far!!

Soulwalker

The list is stored locally so yes it won't work if you play on two computers. It might be possible to stored it server side, not sure.

I didn't get what you mean. You mean entering the one you already killed today?

I am currently working to add a UI, so it will be a little bit prettier.
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

cant wait to see the UI

i mean that the game obviously knows which you have killed regardless of the computer you are on, as the symbols on the map only show the ones you havnt killed yet, even after logging another computer.. so is the info available to you so the add on knows too?

if thats not possible then maybe a check box or remove button in the UI so we can update it ourselves, tho to be fair its a very small minority of players that would even have this issue so we understand completely if its far too much for too little gain

Soulwalker

there is no way to know what mob you have kill previously from the API.
    however there is an api to store data server side, I will have to look at it and understand how it is working. In last resort I will implement a way to mark a rare already killed
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

Soulwalker

0.5 will be availlable in a few minutes. This version introduce the UI to see what rare have been killed
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

killed C1A3 and the list didnt tick him off, have had trouble with him staying on the list previously too, or at least, one of the 3 battle bots always seems a bit buggy, may want to check the codes for them

Soulwalker

Thanks for the bug report.
    Id are good, I will have to check in game if I can reproduce that.
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

Soulwalker

I just tested and it had worked flawlessly :/
    https://i.imgur.com/gHSf2oY.jpg

You should have a message on your "general" chat when you kill the rare, if not you can try to do a "/killlist debug" it will print some debug information that might help me.
    Wicendawen@Brisesol
    Updated KBM for 4.2

-----------------------
    Last edited by Darsk; 09-05-2017 at 01:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast