+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ilmoran

Thread: Cooldown events for legendaries with changed cooldown not firing properly.

Rift Chaser

Default Cooldown events for legendaries with changed cooldown not firing properly.

I've been having issues with Karuulalerts tracking cooldowns of legendary abilities, so I decided to open it up and see if I could figure out the problem. KaruulAlerts attaches to the events Event.Ability.New.Cooldown.Begin and Event.Ability.New.Cooldown.End. It uses the same event handler for both, but for debugging purposes I duplicated the handler and used separate handlers for Begin and End (so I could log them differently).

What I found is that for an ability which goes from no cooldown to having a cooldown (legendary Empyrean Bolt, for example), the Cooldown.End event is fired when the GCD expires (as it does for normal abilities with no legendary version and no GCD). This happens even when the legendary version is used and therefore the ability is on cooldown.

Example:
    T:0 - Use Legendary Empyrean Bolt
    T:0 - Received Cooldown Begin for Empyrean Bolt
    T:1 - Received Cooldown End for Empyrean Bolt
    T:6 - No event received (this is when Cooldown End should have been received).

Note: I'm only reporting the relevant events in this case, but in my testing I was examing all cooldown changes received in the event.

Other cooldown event issues:
    - Poison Malice doesn't seem to fire Cooldown.Begin or Cooldown.End
    - Hundred Blades (30s cooldown on normal, no CD on legendary) fires its Cooldown.End after the GCD (1s), even when using the non-legendary (which won't finish its CD for 30s).

I've looked at Empyrean Bolt, Poison Malice, Twin Strike, and Shadow Lash at least. I might have looked at a few others that I don't remember now.
    Last edited by Ilmoran; 11-24-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tynaut View Post
    Hey guys, I updated how abilities display their cooldown to fix the issue with kalerts. It should be on PTS the next time PTS is updated. I just want to make sure it gets tested a little before I push it live
    From 11/18/2016

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    From 11/18/2016
    Well, I feel like I just wasted my morning, lol.

+ Reply to Thread