+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Export of inventory data to CSV possible?

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Is Export of inventory data to CSV possible?

Hi there, I've never built and app and just out of curiosity looked at the Lua wiki and some addon code out there. It looks somewhat readable and I could probably figure it out given some time.

I was just wondering if it's possible to export a data model set (not sure what the technical term is... but something like my char's inventory) to CSV. That way I can pull all my chars inventory into excel and get a larger perspective of what I have. I know from the lua wiki that it's apparently pretty easy under normal environment... just a few lines to open a new file, convert objects to a convenient string variable, write and close the file.

If it's possible, I might give it a try but if export is blocked in game, then I will probably just pass on spending any more time on it.

If anyone also knows of an existing addon that does this, I'd love to know which one and which file so I can reverse engineer it.

Thanks!

You wont be able to write to a dedicated file.

You can either use print and /log to write to the noncombat log, which you can then edit and change format of.

Or you can write the values into a saved variable file and then parse it externally. Maybe open it in an external lua program, and write the CSV from that.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

Soulwalker

Cool Looking for co-developer to build app to combine all char inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    You wont be able to write to a dedicated file.

You can either use print and /log to write to the noncombat log, which you can then edit and change format of.

Or you can write the values into a saved variable file and then parse it externally. Maybe open it in an external lua program, and write the CSV from that.
    Adelea,
    Do you know enough about lua to write or even modify something like BankIt to export all inventory to a saved variable? If you or anyone else is willing to do that part, I'll write an excel macro that can read all the inventory data from all characters into an excel workbook and share it with you.

I'd do it all myself but I just don't have time to learn another language/syntax/api.

Thanks!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

LibBaggotry already exports inventory data to a saved variable.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread