+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New API Address

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default New API Address

Hey folks, I'm here to give you the info on the API changes. The gist of it is that we've gone ahead and made some changes to allow event trackers to continue to function. We appreciate the work you have done on the behalf of the RIFT community and definitely want to support it.

For those of you who are more technically adroit, here are the details: the current method of calling the API will be shut down on Wednesday. The new method of calling, which is currently available is web-api-eu and web-api-us. So all you need to do is simply change your api calls from chat-eu.riftgame.com.... to web-api-eu.riftgame.com (and web-api-us instead of chat-us). That will ensure your event trackers continue to work.

Plane Touched

Woohoo! Thanks for listening and keeping that part of the API alive. Maybe some day in the future the data coming from that API will get some more love. But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth ...

Sweet, thanks for the changes Snedhepl! Was beginning to worry that we wouldn't have event trackers for sparkle boxes this year! (jk jk, or am I? o,o?)

Plane Touched

Any chance in getting crossdomain xml to allow us to access the api directly in our web pages? instead of having to create a proxy?

So despite all our pleas, the chat APIs are going away?
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    So despite all our pleas, the chat APIs are going away?
    I'm not sure. I just pointed to the new API endpoint, and all my unit tests passed and chat functionality was still working. But there is always the possibility that 3.4 contains backend code changes that will bring chat offline.

As of today, stuff still works on the new end-point. I'll check again tomorrow after 3.4 and see what's still working, and what's broken.
    Last edited by JosuaLackhand; 10-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Plane Touched

Is there an actual API Documentation to commands and what is supports?

For the mobile/Web API, not that I know of, but (assuming anything behind a login will actually go away tomorrow) there's only two calls:

http://web-api-us.riftgame.com:8080/...ice/shard/list
    which gives a list of all shards, but isn't totally useful because there are a lot of wrong (old? private? merged?) shards and most of the fields aren't populated. You will however need the shard IDs for the next call:

http://web-api-us.riftgame.com:8080/...t?shardId=1702
    (replace 1702 with your shard ID) which provides a list of all zones, zone IDs, any running events, and the events' start time.

All in JSON format.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-06-2015 at 12:42 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

While the chat APIs are still in place for the time being, don't assume they will stick around. This is one of those aspects of the API that doesn't play nice with the servers and has numerous bugs associated with it. I will of course ensure it gets double checked to see if's salvageable (or even if pieces are salvageable) but all current signs point to 'no' unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JosuaLackhand View Post
    I'm not sure. I just pointed to the new API endpoint, and all my unit tests passed and chat functionality was still working. But there is always the possibility that 3.4 contains backend code changes that will bring chat offline.

As of today, stuff still works on the new end-point. I'll check again tomorrow after 3.4 and see what's still working, and what's broken.

Plane Touched

Default New API calls work for me!

My Python-based method seems to work with the new URLs quite nicely. Thank you very much for making this happen, Sned!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    For the mobile/Web API, not that I know of, but (assuming anything behind a login will actually go away tomorrow) there's only two calls:

http://web-api-us.riftgame.com:8080/...ice/shard/list
    which gives a list of all shards, but isn't totally useful because there are a lot of wrong (old? private? merged?) shards and most of the fields aren't populated. You will however need the shard IDs for the next call:

http://web-api-us.riftgame.com:8080/...t?shardId=1702
    (replace 1702 with your shard ID) which provides a list of all zones, zone IDs, any running events, and the events' start time.

All in JSON format.
    And where would i find my shard ID? Thank you! (Please keep it simple, I'm not very tech-y-like.)

Plane Touched

Default Look in the bit you quoted

It's in the first link you quoted. If you want EU shards, replace US with EU in the URL.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    It's in the first link you quoted. If you want EU shards, replace US with EU in the URL.
    This, or log in / teleport to a shard and type /shard
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-07-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    While the chat APIs are still in place for the time being, don't assume they will stick around. This is one of those aspects of the API that doesn't play nice with the servers and has numerous bugs associated with it. I will of course ensure it gets double checked to see if's salvageable (or even if pieces are salvageable) but all current signs point to 'no' unfortunately.
    Thanks so much Snedhepl! Things are still chugging along okay after 3.4, but I understand where you're coming from regarding the longevity of the chat API. This is one of those circumstances where I wish there was a way for the community to participate and help build and maintain the APIs, but I know that's just not possible.

That being said, would it be possible is to get a heads up when it looks like the chat services are going to be broken/removed. Is that something that you're open to doing?

Thanks!

r35

Quote Originally Posted by JosuaLackhand View Post
    Thanks so much Snedhepl! Things are still chugging along okay after 3.4, but I understand where you're coming from regarding the longevity of the chat API. This is one of those circumstances where I wish there was a way for the community to participate and help build and maintain the APIs, but I know that's just not possible.

That being said, would it be possible is to get a heads up when it looks like the chat services are going to be broken/removed. Is that something that you're open to doing?

Thanks!
    I also have vested interest in the chat API as well. And as such, notification of retirement would be quite grand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast